Retrubution Chapter 11 [Spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Retrubution Chapter 11 [Spoilers]

Post by betatester »

So Jason would finally start training to become a Shaman ?

What sort of powers would he have ?

and I reckon Jason would survive the meeting with the board
Coderunner
Novice

Re: Retrubution Chapter 11 [Spoilers]

Post by Coderunner »

betatester wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:05 am So Jason would finally start training to become a Shaman ?

What sort of powers would he have ?

and I reckon Jason would survive the meeting with the board
Yeah, his chances definitely seem better now.
Definitely looking forward to the meeting with the board.
natenater
Talent

Post by natenater »

I gotta say, I feel like the shamanism stuff should have never been introduced to the story since it seems like it's just an absurdly convenient and hand-wavey solution to problems.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Nice chapter.

Some lovely emotional support from a surprising direction. Gruesome details on his body improvements. Plenty of made up science stuff. :wink: A little clarification on "The Plan". Lots of little hints on possible future directions.

I’m getting excited! :cry:
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

the ionics shield is a last minute counter measure ...
who is to say no other counter measures are needed that they still dont know off.

and the argument 'its the only way to end the war and open negotiations' is false,

attacking the mansions was also considered the best way to 'start negotiations'

it all henges on how they believe the benga will act... thats a fickle base for such a risk
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Say Jason uses shaman power to even temporarily heal the benga, in their altered states I am betting their followers will turn on them all the soon.
.S.A.M.K.M
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

SYED wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:47 am Say Jason uses shaman power to even temporarily heal the benga, in their altered states I am betting their followers will turn on them all the soon.
Suuuure. He will magic himself into King of the Universe, and everyone will love him, because they realize he is actually God.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Honestly if there was a way to use either telepathy or shaman powers to turn the Benga board from the sociopaths they are into well intentioned people with empathy coming out the ass...their life expectancy would probably be measured in seconds. That kind of altruism is almost the exact opposite of what the Benga have expected from their leadership and would be seen as a weakness.
JNMC
Initiate

Post by JNMC »

I'm guessing that we have one more chapter of mission prep, and he will actually be going to the meeting in Chapter 13 ... which will end in an agonizing cliffhanger. Fel's better than most at not doing that to us, but no author escapes the urge to do it forever, lol.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Pardon me for asking, but any of you folks know how to spell Retribution? After all it is the TITLE of this segment of FEL's tale and I find it quite amusing that it is misspelled so often by those commenting on minor details and making such wild speculations about finicky trivialities. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Retribution Chapter 11 [Spoilers]

Post by kyli »

GBLW wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:53 am Pardon me for asking, but any of you folks know how to spell Retribution? After all it is the TITLE of this segment of FEL's tale and I find it quite amusing that it is misspelled so often by those commenting on minor details and making such wild speculations about finicky trivialities. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blame it on the first one to get it wrong. When i make a new chapter spoiler topic, the most recently created topic names pop up and i just change the chapter number. I didnt notice the mistake though so i guess part of the blame when i created the chapter 10 spoiler page is on me.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

lol, all this talk of shaman "powers."

You've already seen what Jason can do with his shaman "powers."

You guys realize that the Parri are complete pacifists and don't use what they know for violence, right? How are they going to teach him to go Rambo on the Syndicate with their shaman powers if they never use them to do harm?

You're looking at the wrong feline if you're looking for someone insanely OP. It's not the shaman that the Benga should fear, it's Mrar and the other Pai Masters with her skill and training.

Mrar is hard to write because she IS that powerful.

And you're going to get a look at just how nasty the Pai's telekinetic skills really are in this chapter. Jason has noted that it boggles his mind what the Pai can do with TK. You're going to see why soon.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Jason might have shared the jack technology with the confederation in part to lessen the desire for biogenics, but Pai TK teachings will potentially completely reverse that. A generation can potentially have TK on a planetary scale, so all those tricks and abilities the Pai have developed, can be applied on such a grander scale.

Imagine a Karrine ship with just stealth and biogenic gestalt systems. A ship that is a literal ghost, and able to attack undetected.
.S.A.M.K.M
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

I'm wondering why, if the size of the tactical gestalts is so significant for how much power can be magnified, why did they replace Jason's arms instead of his legs. Or both arms and legs?
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Post by imthejman85 »

SYED wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:09 am Jason might have shared the jack technology with the confederation in part to lessen the desire for biogenics, but Pai TK teachings will potentially completely reverse that. A generation can potentially have TK on a planetary scale, so all those tricks and abilities the Pai have developed, can be applied on such a grander scale.

Imagine a Karrine ship with just stealth and biogenic gestalt systems. A ship that is a literal ghost, and able to attack undetected.
And then the entire Confederation declares war on the Karrines. Jason DOESN'T want the Generations seen/used as weapons. That's why they aren't being used offensively on ships, just defensively as shields.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell