Retribution Chapter 10 [Spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Retribution Chapter 10 [Spoilers]

Post by kyli »

Oh crap!!! I actually think Jason might die here. Fel sure did a good job of convincing me, that's for sure. Aside from hoping Jason survives, I also hope that this doesn't get dragged out over several chapters, or at least, I'm hoping those chapters would be released in fairly quick succession. It would kill me otherwise.

BTW, just because I think Fel might kill off Jason doesn't mean I think he'll stay dead. There is a lot we still don't know about Shaman abilities. Fel had a habit of killing Tarrin after all. Poor Tarrin. :cry:
Last edited by kyli on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Retrubution Chapter 10 [Spoilers]

Post by Wolfee »

kyli wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:56 am BTW, just because I think Fel might kill off Jason doesn't mean I think he'll stay dead. There is a lot we still don't know about Shaman abilities. Fel had a habit of killing Tarrin after all. Poor Tarrin. :cry:
Agreed! Not to mention the elder race the super lager brings, Fel said they kinda ascended... if they are still out if Fel said as I recall....they might interfere.

It's not like they can't grow Jason a new body. If they can regrow parts of the brain they can grow a new body for Jason.
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

I agree Jason will die

he will just rise from his ashes as a PHOENIX is reborn

only when he dies; would the people understand just how committed a ruler is Jason and the lesson's it would impart his heir Rann
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

There are a lot of people, commited to Jason that have already shown they will work nehind Jason's back for his own good. And they have 5 days to prepare.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

This is a terrible plan.

I’m looking forward to how many ways it will go wrong (and right). :twisted:
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

Jason being there in 'person', will give the Benga access to his DNA,
and they already have a genetic compatible species to clone him with .

if they also succeed in killing him, and 'keeping' his body, they will have access to his arms : meaning biogenics .

those are the two things Jason doesnt want any civilisation to have access to, and now he will just risk giving the Benga access to both ?

I dont get it, he could try to protect the biogenics with self destruct devices, but if the Benga scanners detect boms in his arm, he wont get near them to release the spiders . ( Kimdori tools might fool the scanners, but is there enough room in those arms for gestalt, bombs AND those kimdori sensor-fool equipment )
But i dont see how he will protect against DNA theft , just being in the room will leave behing DNA ( hairs, dead skin cells ),
if the kill hem even in a explosive way, they will have plenty to make their own generations ...

I'd put these odd's on the table : (based on nothing off course)
100 % chance of Benga getting generation DNA
90% chance of releasing the spiders near the Benga, and accomplishing the primary objective
30% chance of making it out alive
5-10% chance of the Benga retrieving the biogenics intact ( from his dead body )
30% of Benga retrieving remainders of exploded biogenics

that doesn't sound acceptable to me , the Kimdory should be able to deliver the spiders themselves, where ever they are needed,
and if Jason thinks the Benga will be all in one place to receive him, then they just have to deliver those spiders there before hand,
and then not show up.

And to circumvent the dreamers from predicting this : Jason is determined and certain to meet the Benga, but oh no, Aya has prevented it by locking him up .
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Retribution Chapter 10 [Spoilers]

Post by kyli »

artreus wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:50 pm
I'd put these odd's on the table : (based on nothing off course)
100 % chance of Benga getting generation DNA
90% chance of releasing the spiders near the Benga, and accomplishing the primary objective
30% chance of making it out alive
5-10% chance of the Benga retrieving the biogenics intact ( from his dead body )
30% of Benga retrieving remainders of exploded biogenics
I'd give Jason a better chance then 30% to survive. A Generation with a tactical gestalt, highly trained in telepathy and telekinesis, and capable of multitasking (meaning he probably won't be caught off guard before he can react). Of course, if the Oricales are particularly sharp, they might suggest something like an airborn drug to render him unconscious before he knows what the threat is. But Jason is is expecting them to be the overconfident ones, while they are expecting him to be the overconfident one. It really depends on what the Oricales can tell the syndicate leaders. At this point I'm 50/50 when it coming to Jason surviving the meeting.

As for the Benga getting generation DNA, they probably could, if they had any idea that it exists or is important. I don't think they'll realize it's importance.

And if Jason dies, I can totally see the Kindori going on a complete warpath. They would probably go on a full out offence to make sure Jason's body and the biogenics is recovered or vaporized.
Last edited by kyli on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

I agree with the Kimdori warpath if something actually happens to Jason. Personally, I think he should expand his prosthesis idea to include both legs above the knee and both arms above the elbow as well as eyes and hearing. This gives him the advantage of over riding standard usage abilities if he needs. Sometimes you just need super hearing, vision, speed, strength. Plus the tactical gestalt could be much larger making him far more invulnerable.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

expedient wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:48 pm This is a terrible plan.

I’m looking forward to how many ways it will go wrong (and right). :twisted:
Just for that, I'm sending you something...disturbing. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

This isn't game of thrones, and Jason has too much of a Tarrin-esque hero streak in him, so I think he will pull it off. Only to die after complete success. Maybe infected by something, or wounded, or suffering some form of psychic wounds. This is probably the biggest risk he will personally ever take, most likely, so Fel will probably use this to deliver his announced death, but Jason is stubborn enough to actually pull off the epic win.

He just Also needs to die(-ish) after.
physicalard
Initiate

Post by physicalard »

With regards to leaving either DNA or tech behind, he will be going in in armor which if kept closed and or a see through mask, could keep the dna from spreading. His armor’s power supply could also most likely self destruct.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Retribution Chapter 10 [Spoilers]

Post by kyli »

I don't remember anything about armor. I can't see the syndicate leaders agreeing with personally meeting with him when he has armor that could have all kinds of weapons in it.

I didnt really expect pretty much everyone here to agree with me that Jason will die. I expected to be the pessimist here. If anything, it almost seems like a have to be the optimist by pointing out that Jason might succeed and return as healthy as ever. To be honest, there are 3 things that, combined, has me thinking that that Jason isn't coming out of this alive. The first two are tweets by Fel and the 3rd one is the way Jason talked to Rann. I get that he has to make sure they are prepared for the possibility he won't come back, but the conversation with Rann seemed to place an exclamation point on it.

There is a 3rd possibly here though. Jason doesn't die but instead escapes by an alternative method while everyone thinks he's dead. That alternative method is provided by a 3rd party and takes Jason by surprise and they take Jason, possibly against his will. I am of course talking about a race that had developed translight hyperdrives of their own. Here are some quotes from Fel.
However, the fact that there's a war being waged between two different galaxies, and that the combatants are crossing in both directions, will be noticed.
Actually, what I said was that the outcome of the war with the Syndicate will influence what will happen when the House of Karinne meets this new group.
Now, I found this 3rd quote (its actually part of the 1st quote) that actually mostly debunks my theory, but I'll leave it up.
The universe is a very big place. The Karinnes will find out, a couple of arcs down the line (Revelation and Benediction), that they're not the only ones capable of reaching every corner of it.

And in a strange sort of ironic way, the Benga should be very, very, very thankful for it.
For those wondering, after Retribution, there are still 3 arcs left. Revolution, Revelation, and Benediction in that order.
Last edited by kyli on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

physicalard wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:25 pm With regards to leaving either DNA or tech behind, he will be going in in armor which if kept closed and or a see through mask, could keep the dna from spreading. His armor’s power supply could also most likely self destruct.
why bother with amputating his arms for a gestalt, if he is going with his armor ?
afaik his armor has a built in gestalt ?

the kimdori are going to provide his armor on various escape routes, but jason wont be wearing it while meeting the Benga
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Jason forgot to ask a five year old (or seven year old Rann) to see if there were any flaws in his infallible plan.
:oops:

See Evil Overlord's Checklist number 12.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

I'll be contrary and say that I think Jason is going to survive. At least one of the Kimdori, and possibly many more, may end up "paying a price" for his survival though.

I also don't think things are going to go to plan and he's going to be there "a little while," and that probably is going to be part of how the Kimdori end up with "problems" as they try to both clean up the lose ends behind him and get him out of there.

He'll probably also end up as "a guest" of a Benga that's going to surprise him(in a good way) for at least part of that time.