I don't do this often...

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Re: I don't do this often...

Post by MartinK »

kyli wrote:I got this to say about football: Why would I go pay to watch a bunch of guys fight over a ball, when they can all afford to go buy their own! LOL. A saying I picked up that matches my mentality of football.
Now hockey is the sport to watch and play. I find golf, curling, and soccer to be quite boring, and baseball is almost boring. Some of you southerners might not know what curling is though.
Maybe in another 50 or so years, I'll find those SLOWER sports interesting.
Isn't hockey just the same, just that the ball that bunch of guys fight over gets called puck or something like that and is both a lot harder as well as flatter than one of those balls? Not that i find any of the other countless sports any more interesting to watch. There are a nearly unlimited number of worlds to explore, countless people to get to know, limitless number of lives to life. All available at your fingertips, on the internet or just a walk down to the bookstore. What group of sweaty young men can possibly compete with that?

Now, if it were young women... ;-) On second thoughts, i really wonder why so many guys like watching those sweaty young guys in sports?
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Still saying that CalvinBall is the clear winner for excitement since the rules are always in flux. And use whichever ball/implement or whatever your imagination comes up with. Hey kick the can was fun when we were kids.

J-Man5
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

That's why I watch real sports,like snooker, hurling and ping pong :P
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

OK

I just have to say it

The only not boring thing to watch is ..................."Husker Football" :o :wink:

there I said it .......GO BIG RED !!! :lol: :D :lol: :D
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)