Conviction, the next book.

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

Re: Conviction, the next book.

Post by SYED »

They have those torpedoes that act like drills/saws, network a bunch to dice up asteroids, then, have the mother ship, drag in the pieces to converted into needed materials.
They are not to the point of nanite created object, what about using nanites to fuze parts into place, so there are literally no seems.
.S.A.M.K.M
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

Fel wrote: There are four CBIMs now.

Small, personal Stargates are impossible, because they're inside the gravity well of the planet.

And yes, they did in fact upgrade the interfaces so the crews no longer need to use jump restraints. It's been 18 months now, so yes, they found the time to do the work.

I thought there would be 6 CBIMs now

1. Cybi
2. Cyra
3. Replacement of Cybi
4. CBIM on Kirga(Jaxtra)
5. CBIM on Virga(Virissa City)
6. CBIM for Koisgi
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

betatester wrote:
I thought there would be 6 CBIMs now

1. Cybi
2. Cyra
3. Replacement of Cybi
4. CBIM on Kirga(Jaxtra)
5. CBIM on Virga(Virissa City)
6. CBIM for Koisgi
It takes lots of time to grow CBIMs. I guess they only finished 2 new CBIMs in those 2 years. I suspect that we will see more over the course of the next book. I also think that the third CBIM was Cybi's replacement and that the forth will be in Koisgi. Just guessing.
And you forgot the one for the Aegis.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

They would be less based on location, but purpose. One dedicated to each of the following: the planet, the shipyard, the house, the academy, the transport network. There was talk that a mobile one might be made, look at what could be achieved at Karis, it allows the same capabilities deployed to fleet operations.
Kari's might be quickly getting populated, but with duties being delegated, a singular CBIM can cover the whole world for now, potentially aiding planet held by the house. With indication everywhere, someone needs to watch and maintain the gates, relays and catapults that allow ships to move freely.
.S.A.M.K.M
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

When Cyra was decanted from the tank in chapter 12 of Inception, the third CBIM was 3 months away. It was also mentioned that there were 4 CBIM growth tanks and Cyra's growth tank was immediately cycled into producing another CBIM.

Fel mentioned that 18 months would have passed from the end of inception so they should have had enough time to complete the 4 new CBIMs that were still growing at the end of Inception unless off-course; Fel needs to take creative liberties with that.

I also think Fel will not put a CBIM in Aegis, he will probably put a tactical CBIM into the supercapital ship that was still being designed in inception because they would probably have like 4-5 capital ships by now. If you put a CBIM into Aegis its different from other capital ships & becomes the flagship of the whole karinne fleet. It would be much better making the supercapital ship the flagship
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

I wonder what will happen with the CBIM that has an Oye tree, could it become a shaman?
.S.A.M.K.M