Inception, chapter 10 [Spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Inception, chapter 10 [Spoilers]

Post by kyli »

konman wrote:A Jacked rigger can control an exomech with no delays, could they not use that technology to have a pilot operate a fighter craft? One built with no passenger compartment and able to handle much higher g-forces and larger weapons and powerplant in place of a cockpit and life support.
The delay would only be removed if they used biogenic transmitters. Anything else could also be jammed. So only the karinnes could really do this.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

THe syndicate forces give house karrine the excuse to recruit telepaths and those races immune from telepaths from their own systems. Sure thier jacked members can operate units from a distance, it would be always necessary to forces closer, and able to deal with telepaths. THe benga do represent the largest telepathic race after the imperium it self. The influx of telepaths from other species and other worlds would also mean those with other mental gifts would come to join those like them.
Jason had said that if he had time, he could have built stuff to destroy the Consortium incoming fleet. THey have time now, so I wonder what new stuff is prepared for the benga. While thay have been said to be stealing most of the consortium tech, would the gear that messed tehir ships up, work on lesser version?
.S.A.M.K.M
Evodavich
Novice

Post by Evodavich »

Don't use jack fighters use jack frigates, use a carrier a a base and use frigates as desoable ships, good firepower with max serviablity for the crew
hoppy
Sorcerer

Post by hoppy »

I think biogenic communication may have some scaling problems for distance.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

hoppy wrote:I think biogenic communication may have some scaling problems for distance.
Actually, no. Given their new intergalactic transceiver, a pilot on Karis could conceivably remotely pilot a rig in Andromeda with virtually no delay.

Biogenics operate on telepathic fundamentals, and the most applicable in this scenario is that telepathic communication transcends the concepts of time and space.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

WHy is it the crystals have such range, yet telepaths have their own limitations?
It takes years to travel between galaxies, but that is with the best karrine engines. If the real space FTL engines could be combined to be superior than this version of the hyperdrive, even minimally it would be very useful.
Other galaxies were mentioned at one point, possibly as a proposed avenue of expaNSion for the andromeda galaxies. It would be terrible if some how consortium or syndicate forces migrated to the other ones, and rebuilt there unopposed. SO any chance of more kimdori expeditions to other galaxies, the biogenics systems do allow continual communications that are secure.
.S.A.M.K.M
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I wonder what the consortium civilian race(s) looks like. We know that the insect-like race was genetically engineered as a counter to the syndicate telepaths. I think it says somewhere that the energy beings are very rare. So who are the civilians?
Evodavich
Novice

Post by Evodavich »

Thats an easy question they look like sloppy joes with loser or sucker tattoo'ed to there fore head ;-)
PhilippeO
Novice

Post by PhilippeO »

So who are the civilians?

From the name they pick "Consortium". they could be dozens, or even hundred of different species.
somni
Novice

Post by somni »

Yea I've very interested in how he will handle the situation. I'm sure there will be slave races with the syndicate since that is how they roll. I don't think they can afford to take it easy on them in that situation. I am curious if he can gather enough of them to do them some good if there are any.

I am also curious about the consortium politics coming into play. They civilians might not have anything to do with the shit they pulled over here since it was only two races of possibly thousands, given the size of their universe and control. It was just the engineered bugs, and the loveless jellyfish. I think they need to prepare giant colonies for the captured/saved civilians caught in the meat grinder. Maybe that is why Aron is building a truly massive food growing system. No one else would even think of what might come...and killing off those millions of homeless refugees doesn't seem like Jason's style.

Maybe neither one should be a fist to fist fight given the potential loss on every side. Maybe going Nano/biological attack on them. Get the full low down on DNA of the giants/bugs and target them with virus or spider them to death. Create a massive cloud of spiders for them to stop in and every one hunker down as them penetrate and stop all their hearts. :)
The Thing
Initiate

Post by The Thing »

Well I had another crazy idea. This originated especially since the consortium folks kept learning from their mistakes and were showing intelligence in their attack strategies. What if this whole 'intel' about the Syndicate group they have so far recovered is a hoax ? A plant ? Knowing that the consortium are a ruthless and cunning group, imagine this situation, they are fighting a loosing battle against the Syndicate, who have come to know that the Consortium plan to abandon Andromeda and take over Milky Way and intend to fight them from there. Also, since there is already an advanced scouting/securing force of the Consortium and there will be a future larger colonizing force arriving, in a desperate bid the Syndicate send the maximum amount of ships they can spare to help support and defend Milky Way without loosing at Andromeda. The Consortium set it up such that both their enemies, the Syndicate and the Confederation fight each other blindly and weaken both sides for a future easier take over by them. Can this be a possibility ?

If so, then the story will get quite interesting especially since the Kimdori seem to be going to Andromeda. It will all depend on whose side they set up and plan to do they cover ops over there, whether its the Consortium or the Syndicate and will they be on time in getting their intel back !!? :twisted:
Disclaimer: I have no F'in idea if the technical mumbo jumbo I spew on here is even logically right or possible. Read at your own caution.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

The syndicate intel is too detailed and the syndicate ships are already being detected by karinne long range sensors. There's really no chance that the information is planted.
The Thing
Initiate

Post by The Thing »

kyli wrote:The syndicate intel is too detailed.
Yes of course its detailed, if you want to take out two enemies by making them fight each other, then the best way is to point out all their strengths and weaknesses to one another !! :)
kyli wrote:The syndicate ships are already being detected by karinne long range sensors.
That's what I said, what if this set of coming ships are ships they can spare without loosing over at Andromeda and it is actually a support group coming to help Milky way ? All we have so far is some grainy images taken in hyper space to confirm their arrival and the intel 'acquired' from the Consortium.
Disclaimer: I have no F'in idea if the technical mumbo jumbo I spew on here is even logically right or possible. Read at your own caution.