update of the life of Fel...

Fel
Weavespinner

update of the life of Fel...

Post by Fel »

It's been a while since I posted, but it's because I've been rather busy.

I had a series of serious RL issues with prevented me from writing for a while...I won't go into them, but let's just say that they demanded my full attention.  After I got that sorted out, I wrote nearly 17 pages of Sub 11, decided it sucked, then scrapped it and started over.

Rewrites are the debil, but in this business, they happen.  A LOT.  I've probably written at least an entire extra book's worth of scrapped material for every book I've written.  I've scrapped entire chapters before...which really annoys me.  Not that I scrapped it, but that it took me that #$%^@ long to realize that it sucked and wasted all that effort and energy into something that gets deleted.

No, Grey, you can't see the scrapped material.  It's already gone.  :P

I'm back on what I think is the right track...but only time will tell.  Subjugation suddenly stopped being easy to write after the end of chapter 10, hehehe.  It like takes EFFORT now.

You mean people, making me WORK!  *sniff*  I hate you!  I want my mommy!

MOOOOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Solarstorm
Novice

Re: update of the life of Fel...

Post by Solarstorm »

Oh my this sounds serious.  MommyDoom get in there fast and fix this quick or will never get more of our addiction.  ;D

Love all your works Fel.  All your hard work too.  ;)
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Fel, if you need something easy to write for a while, and by accident you have made "Subjugation" harder to write after last chapter (meaning it would require I think some plan and research), making it impossible to write-on-the-fly, maybe then concentrate on other stories? I mean writing "Subjugation" was meant among other things as break from very work-intensive to be "Pyrosian Chronicles"... So maybe a little more of "Alpha Project" or "Dragon Star", eh?

Or maybe some short stories in Sennadar universe? Just an idea...
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

I seem to remember a thread a while back when Fel was tossing around possible ideas about a Tarrin crossover story with something else... Earth, maybe? I don't have time to search, but something completely random like that might help  too. I know that's how I ususally get inspiration back.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

FEL

1. GLAD YOUR RL IS BETTER.

2. WILLING TO BET THAT FEL'S KITTY IS CALLED MOMMY! LOL NOTHING LIKE A PURRBALL IN YOUR LAP FOR GENTLE COMFORT.

3. I UNDERSTAND THE RE-WRITE THING. I AM ACTUALLY I THINK MAYBE KINDA SORTA READY TO SEND YOU A STORY LINE OR TWO FOR REVIEW COMMENT CRITIQUE.

4. I AM STILL A FAN OF THE TARRIN RELATED SERIES THE MOST. BUT GLAD YOUR MUSE ISNT PICKLED OR EMBALMED.

JOHN
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

fel wrote:You mean people, making me WORK! *sniff* I hate you! I want my mommy!

MOOOOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm Sorry but your normal Mommy isn't Available to take your Call at this time.

However our highly trained assistant Mommy "Sarraya" is on her way to you even now as you read this reply.

Don't worry every thing will be just fine just as soon as she get's there.  ::)

Phantom

<Seriously wondering if i will need a Vendari body guard after this post> :P
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

fel wrote:It's been a while since I posted, but it's because I've been rather busy.

I had a series of serious RL issues with prevented me from writing for a while...I won't go into them, but let's just say that they demanded my full attention. After I got that sorted out, I wrote nearly 17 pages of Sub 11, decided it sucked, then scrapped it and started over.

Rewrites are the debil, but in this business, they happen. A LOT. I've probably written at least an entire extra book's worth of scrapped material for every book I've written. I've scrapped entire chapters before...which really annoys me. Not that I scrapped it, but that it took me that #$%^@ long to realize that it sucked and wasted all that effort and energy into something that gets deleted.
Save them all to a file then after the book is finished you can post a Blooper file of what didn't cut it <G>

Sorry about the RL thing  but then we have no lives just living from withdrawl to withdrawl... <sigh>
I'm back on what I think is the right track...but only time will tell. Subjugation suddenly stopped being easy to write after the end of chapter 10, hehehe. It like takes EFFORT now.

You mean people, making me WORK! *sniff* I hate you! I want my mommy!
But But we love it so much ... Please Please
( As Fel looks out over the Sea of Addicts standing pleading for more )

Waiting for Sub 11

Phantom

( Wondering is it dangerous to have a Wet Dream under an Electric blanket ?)
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Fel,

Just wanted to check on how RL was treating you.  Hadn't seen any posts from you in a while.  Did you have a fulfilling spring break?  Hit any of the beaches?  Hope classes are doing well too.  Any hint on how the stories are going?

Thanks,

J-Man5