Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Re: Lost & Found

Post by wetnomad »

He/she seems to have disappeared from SOL. I have a full account and the author and/or the story are no longer present, for whatever reason. I have the story you were asking for and also another story by the same author, Dogs of War, about a group of intergalactic, modified and augmented slave mercenaries, sent back to Earth to exterminate an alien threat. Interesting but a lot shorter than Strange Days.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

wetnomad wrote:He/she seems to have disappeared from SOL. I have a full account and the author and/or the story are no longer present, for whatever reason. I have the story you were asking for and also another story by the same author, Dogs of War, about a group of intergalactic, modified and augmented slave mercenaries, sent back to Earth to exterminate an alien threat. Interesting but a lot shorter than Strange Days.
Thank you for the info. For reference, if anyone is interested, here's the link on his site that have other stories: http://www.tlurker.com/stories.html
Kacoo
Initiate

Post by Kacoo »

I read a Harry potter fan fic about 6 months ago no idea what it was called nor who wrote it i read it on fanfiction.net it was about harry being the child of James who was actually a angel like thing and lily who was like the daughter of two gods.
harry somehow get transported to James's home planet and has wings but his are black and it turns out that these black wings are a sign that he is one of a select few who can open portals between worlds. The other angel things lock him up in some sort of pit because these black angels are like crazy and are controlled because they go "hot" as the author describes it because the god that created them (i think he had a really weird name and was lilys father) gave them an "inner fire" so that they can survive crossing the void. Any help finding it would be great thanks
ralbloke
Sorcerer

Post by ralbloke »

Hi Guys n Gals

I have just been reading the TJ and Morg stories (1,2 and 3) again and I seem to remember there were more of them either by Green Dragon or someone else.
One about a Space navy officer who changes the design of the ships and is sent to listen out for the enemy but other people betray him? Very vague I know but anyone got any ideas?

Ralbloke
Nate
Novice

Post by Nate »

That would be Aggy Books 1&2, yes by GreenDragon

http://storiesonline.net/s/59387
http://storiesonline.net/s/59521
bdrosen
Novice

Post by bdrosen »

Is it just me, or are the Aggy Books fairly blatant rip offs of Honor Harrington? (Background, some of the plot points, etc)
Nate
Novice

Post by Nate »

Yes, he has *carefully* admitted that.
Carefully, because he doesn't have explicit permission to write in that universe.
But he's not hiding it or anything...or trying to pass off the universe as his own.

***edited for spelling***
ralbloke
Sorcerer

Post by ralbloke »

Nate wrote:That would be Aggy Books 1&2, yes by GreenDragon

http://storiesonline.net/s/59387
http://storiesonline.net/s/59521
Thanks for the reply but I am sure there was at least one other story in the same universe and that or they are the ones I am looking for.
Unless I am just remembering incorrectly.

Cheers

Ralph
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

TJ & Morg by the same author. I'm revisiting the universe myself at the moment and for the first time I noticed some distinctive similarities with David Weber's Honor Harrington. Not the characters, but some of the general nature of the universe.
drksin
Talent

Post by drksin »

I can't seem to find a sci-fi space story that was on storiesonline.net. It was about a brilliant tactician that used really old spaceships to fight of the enemies in a remote spot that was supposedly safe. I'll appreciate all help. Thanks
ralbloke
Sorcerer

Post by ralbloke »

the_scot wrote:TJ & Morg by the same author. I'm revisiting the universe myself at the moment and for the first time I noticed some distinctive similarities with David Weber's Honor Harrington. Not the characters, but some of the general nature of the universe.

Hi again

I am obviously rubbish at explaining.
I have read all 3 books on storiesonline but I think there is more.
Sorry for being dense

Ralph
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

According to Green Dragon, those are the only 3 of his stories out there. He's been working off and on on a prequel, but at this point nothing has been published and there is no specific universe for the series.
maxthegap
Initiate

Post by maxthegap »

drksin wrote:I can't seem to find a sci-fi space story that was on storiesonline.net. It was about a brilliant tactician that used really old spaceships to fight of the enemies in a remote spot that was supposedly safe. I'll appreciate all help. Thanks

It sounds like Tarayla by AJ Asher

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/258317#longdescr

He removed the book from SOL and selling it now on smashwords
Grizz
Talent

Post by Grizz »

[quote="drksin"]I can't seem to find a sci-fi space story that was on storiesonline.net. It was about a brilliant tactician that used really old spaceships to fight of the enemies in a remote spot that was supposedly safe. I'll appreciate all help. Thanks[/quote]

That sounds like The Tarayla Patrol by Code3Sam

Synopsis
Sci-fi. Earth is embroiled in a war with the Lin-Teye Empire, a war it is losing. Earth has bet everything on the introduction of a new battle platform, the E-series, but until the new weapons systems arrive, existing inventory must stretch. Earth is using the last of it's mothball fleet against front-line Lin-Teye equipment. Forward patrols in ancient Aegis Corvettes are are just short of suicide missions. The Tarayla Patrol is the story of one of these high risk missions.
joewolf
Talent

Post by joewolf »

Looking for a story on SOL about a teen boy from Australia who looses all of his family except his father. They move to the US. Was reading it but lost the page and cannot find it.

Thanks,
Joe