Secession chap 3

Caution: Spoilers!
All about the Subjugation, Insurrection, and Unification books.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

Re: Secession chap 3

Post by SYED »

In subujation, the empress asked JASON to save the faey from their own self destructive drives. Now she will be sure to remember to be careful for what you wish for.
I hope the zion and the colonists are brought in to offset the faey impulses. Jason will have to become a politician and a major power in the imperium to restrain those negative aspects.
This galaxy faces a war that may last years possibly decades or even longer. Jason has to keep the races aimed and united against the extra galactic threat. He has to channel the agression of races so make them attack the enemy.
.S.A.M.K.M
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Okay, questions to answer:

Will we see new CBIMs? Yes, just not in this story. It takes about a year to build one, and it will require most of the assets in the Shimmer Dome to accomplish. Those assets are busy building other things needed for the war effort. The new CBIMs won't have Cybi's personality, however. She's about 1,600 years old, and over that time, she's evolved considerably past her programming. A new CBIM will ONLY have its programming, until it gains experience and begins to learn.

Does Denmother have other secrets? Ohhhhhh, yes. But there aren't any other Generations she's hiding from Jason.

Will anyone go with the Karinnes? Most probably not. The Karinnes have been something of a unique wild card in the Imperium. If there's any house that COULD secede without inciting a civil war, it would be them.

Will they successfully secede? I think it's not much of a spoiler to say yes. Jason has Dahnai literally over the fire. Without him and his support, she won't BE Empress in ten years. Semoya or Emae will successfully take her throne if Dahnai doesn't have the threat of the Karinnes looming over the other Highborns like the sword of Damocles. As long as Jason pledges his continued military support for Dahnai's continued rule, she'll keep her throne. But WITHOUT him, she's sure to lose it. She's in the ultimate ironic situation. To keep her throne, she has to let the Karinnes secede. But she sure as hell won't like it.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Oh My, Thanks Fel for the insight and snippets.

Jason Karinnes will be outside the Imperium and yet will support Dahnai militarily for now.

Jason will have his own "empire" whose people are from all over. Some will have misgivings but now Jason can start capturing his own sets of planets to grow. As his own leader of the Karinees who secedes, he will have a say on his war contributions... not that he listens to others anyway. And I thiught that the Twillane will give an arm and foot to join him. eh.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

So the Karrinnes go, but what will happen to Earth? Since it has the Academy, they could probably go with them, but it would be very akward, both planets separated by the Imperium, and Earth having the TES. So, once they secede, what happens to us happy terrans?
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Hehehehehehe
or as they say in the WWE .....YES!.....YES!.......YES!

thanks Fel
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

TLGG wrote:So the Karrinnes go, but what will happen to Earth? Since it has the Academy, they could probably go with them, but it would be very akward, both planets separated by the Imperium, and Earth having the TES. So, once they secede, what happens to us happy terrans?
Secession doesn't mean they have to go anywhere - it just means they will have politically separated themselves from the Imperium and will be completely independent. Actually Terra will probably be affected very little , if at at all - unless of course Jason waves the stick of the food production from Earth as a secondary weapon in Dahnai's face. He does have a treaty concerning that, but treaties have been broken before.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

TLGG wrote:So the Karrinnes go, but what will happen to Earth? Since it has the Academy, they could probably go with them, but it would be very akward, both planets separated by the Imperium, and Earth having the TES. So, once they secede, what happens to us happy terrans?
Jason's intention is to make Earth a completely neutral planet, and the hub of all Confederate activity. He wants Earth to be so important both politically and militarily that every government in the sector will defend it because it's in their own best interest.

The Academy is just one aspect of that. So long as the Karinnes continue to provide interdictors to the other empires, they need some way to get in and out of their territory...which is where Earth comes in. Jason's vision is to have Dahnai supply Stargates and the Karinnes supply interdiction to basically set every border in the sector in stone, make it impossible for any government to attack any other, where all transportation moves through Earth in a model akin to the Terra Entry Station.

By turning Earth into the main hub of all trade and transportation, it becomes too important to EVERYONE to try to attack it. After all, if someone does attack Earth, Dahnai just turns off the Stargate and the Karinnes jump into the system in force to recover said Stargate, and that leaves whoever initiates an attack with all their systems isolated, facing a year's travel just to get in or out.

Mutually assured destruction. The model translates well into other scenarios. ;)

Jason's made it clear over the story arcs that his ultimate goal is peace in the sector. A neutral and independent Karinne can bring that about.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fel wrote:
Jason's intention is to make Earth a completely neutral planet, and the hub of all Confederate activity. He wants Earth to be so important both politically and militarily that every government in the sector will defend it because it's in their own best interest.

The Academy is just one aspect of that. So long as the Karinnes continue to provide interdictors to the other empires, they need some way to get in and out of their territory...which is where Earth comes in. Jason's vision is to have Dahnai supply Stargates and the Karinnes supply interdiction to basically set every border in the sector in stone, make it impossible for any government to attack any other, where all transportation moves through Earth in a model akin to the Terra Entry Station.

By turning Earth into the main hub of all trade and transportation, it becomes too important to EVERYONE to try to attack it. After all, if someone does attack Earth, Dahnai just turns off the Stargate and the Karinnes jump into the system in force to recover said Stargate, and that leaves whoever initiates an attack with all their systems isolated, facing a year's travel just to get in or out.

Mutually assured destruction. The model translates well into other scenarios. ;)

Jason's made it clear over the story arcs that his ultimate goal is peace in the sector. A neutral and independent Karinne can bring that about.
Thanks Fel , so insightful.
I guess, this keeps the whole shya/rann thing intact as well. Except, she will be moving one step higher, becoming an Empress Consort or Queen consort.
hoppy
Sorcerer

Post by hoppy »

dellstart wrote:
Fel wrote:

Thanks Fel , so insightful.
I guess, this keeps the whole shya/rann thing intact as well. Except, she will be moving one step higher, becoming an Empress Consort or Queen consort.
Jason would go for something more original than Emperor. Empire doesn't really fit them(It implies a larger more diverse polity than they are.) Emperor or king also imply a totalitarian mindset Jason doesn't really like.
No one has mentioned the Fae political consequences here. Not just perceived weakness of damage to their alliance with Karinne, but the fact that they even came close to starting to clone a complete a full sentient, let alone 30,000 and what did the IBI want with 30,000 super bad ass clones(can you say shake'n'bake army.) They should only need a couple hundred at most to reverse-engineer biogenics. Then there is the broken social taboo that kept the houses from making shak'n'bake armies. Then there's the medical org aren't they religious in origin and wield a big stick.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

your right , the fallout out is going to be huge. fair point about our " Emperor" as well.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Hoppy you have a Point about Jason not wanting or liking it

But I think we'll See when Karinees do secede..... Cibi and The Denmother will Talk Jason in to it anyways.

There has to be just one Ruler........One who can and who will protect the Secrets of the Karinees and keep the Faey in check.
Jason's Family has been chosen for this Role......and it's only Jason that everyone will follow (right now)
So he needs to be the "Emperor" or "King" whatever you want to call it.

as they say in the Movies ....."There can be only One"

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

In reality, to be fair, he’s already kind of an established leader. Being he’s the Duke of the House. Just its interesting, to see what form , that’s going to take after succession.
Maybe some form of constitutional monarchy, something like they have in the UK or other places. I think the Faey mentality. Definitely requires one .
gmanjynx
Novice

Post by gmanjynx »

This is going to be a cluster to say the least. I have to say I am really looking forward to see how Fel makes this all play out. I hesitate to speculate but it should be one hell of a ride.
DRJ
Talent

Post by DRJ »

With the idea of being able to fire a planet through subspace at Karis, is there an option for Jason to actually move Karis through subspace to another location within the galaxy, then assuming he takes a stargate with him they can use that to travel to the imperium using the connecting stargate and as long as they remain in control of the second gate no one would ever need to know where the actual location of Karis is, thus he can protect his people but still remain a part of the empire.