A new/old hobby for our fox, who has everything.

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
dellstart
Child of Niami

A new/old hobby for our fox, who has everything.

Post by dellstart »

This would be a "Kit" kinda thing to do. http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/11/29/r ... 0000000029
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Re: A new/old hobby for our fox, who has everything.

Post by kd7mvs »

Coming soon, on the Discovery Channel: 'Planer Build-Off!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Actually, Jessie's gonna get him back into golf. His back's healed enough for him to be able to handle it, as long as he doesn't shoot a 120.

Besides, he has plenty of hobbies. Flying, tennis, guitar, singing, writing, introducing friends to future spouses, taking over the entire Austin real estate market, becoming a self-made millionaire, plotting world domination with Vil--

Er.

Well, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

But I do have to give one spoiler.

Eventually, a Vulpan will be President of the United States.

Which one? Feel free to try to figure that out yourself. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Vil?

Or Kits Daughter..
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

Nah. It'll be Sheila.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
DrGonzo
Sorcerer

Post by DrGonzo »

I can see a lot of fun with Sheilas coming campaign for president.
Magnus
Omegano
Initiate

Post by Omegano »

Who will be the President? These are my guesses:
Jessie's and Kit's Daughter
Vil
Terry
And finally... Kit himself. Not something I think he'd actually do, but I think he has what it takes. And if he has what it takes, Fel could find some way of making him want to do it. If someone like Kit actually ran for President and I knew about him/her, it might actually get me to go through the trouble of dragging myself out to a voting booth...

Omegano
Go ahead. Ask me any question, but if it needs logic or intelligence, you will want to ask that brain thingie that lives in in my head instead.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fel wrote:Actually, Jessie's gonna get him back into golf. His back's healed enough for him to be able to handle it, as long as he doesn't shoot a 120.

Besides, he has plenty of hobbies. Flying, tennis, guitar, singing, writing, introducing friends to future spouses, taking over the entire Austin real estate market, becoming a self-made millionaire, plotting world domination with Vil--

Er.

Well, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

But I do have to give one spoiler.

Eventually, a Vulpan will be President of the United States.

Which one? Feel free to try to figure that out yourself. ;)

mmm not vil cause shes the family head and all that, i reckon its going to be one of the cousins ,wonder which one though.Vil will work behind the scenes and pulls strings, that's more her style.
Kit doesn't like the publicity in his life, not that he wouldn't do a grand job , its just that he doesn't want to do with the family and he would need their backing to win.
Their daughter is a possibility.
zeekgenateer
Novice

Post by zeekgenateer »

So glad that you're still thinking about Kit Fel. It's one of my favorite stories ever. I still tear up at parts when I reread it. Can't wait for an update!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

zeekgenateer wrote:So glad that you're still thinking about Kit Fel. It's one of my favorite stories ever. I still tear up at parts when I reread it. Can't wait for an update!
Yeah, I have 17 pages written in kit42, and it's been on my laptop for about 3 months now. I'll need a little distraction, switch over, write maybe a half a page, go back.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

President Vulpan? The second offspring of Vil and Kendall. Kit and Jessie don't really want anything to do with that level of responsibility, and I believe that they'll raise their daughter similarly. The first offspring of Vil and Kendall will be the head of Vulpan Industries, but the second would be free to do what they want.

Just my thoughts, anyway.

But again, Fel likes to prove me wrong... :twisted:
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Yeah, you're wrong.

For those of you who guessed Terry, you're right. In about 26 years, he'll serve two terms as President of the United States. And he'll do a fine job.

Vil herself, who has stated an interest in politics, never does run for anything. But, she becomes famous (or infamous) as one of the most powerful behind-the-scenes power figures in American politics, which suits her much better, capable of getting whoever she wants elected, and getting those she doesn't like out of office by any means necessary. Though she runs the shipyard, at heart Vil is a back seat driver, and being behind the scenes pulling all the strings is her primary talent. She'd waste it by standing in the spotlight.

Terry's administration isn't all glory and sunshine, however. There's something of a medium-sized scandal when Allison's past resurfaces during his re-election campaign. It doesn't set the right tone when the First Lady used to be a stripper, you know.

Yeah, yeah, I know, WAY too far into the future...but it's fun to think "what if," and figure out what might happen far beyond the projected scope of the story.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know, WAY too far into the future...but it's fun to think "what if," and figure out what might happen far beyond the projected scope of the story.
It also gives you the baseline to write ANOTHER story... :lol: *wink wink nudge nudge*
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fel wrote:Yeah, you're wrong.

For those of you who guessed Terry, you're right. In about 26 years, he'll serve two terms as President of the United States. And he'll do a fine job.

Vil herself, who has stated an interest in politics, never does run for anything. But, she becomes famous (or infamous) as one of the most powerful behind-the-scenes power figures in American politics, which suits her much better, capable of getting whoever she wants elected, and getting those she doesn't like out of office by any means necessary. Though she runs the shipyard, at heart Vil is a back seat driver, and being behind the scenes pulling all the strings is her primary talent. She'd waste it by standing in the spotlight.

Terry's administration isn't all glory and sunshine, however. There's something of a medium-sized scandal when Allison's past resurfaces during his re-election campaign. It doesn't set the right tone when the First Lady used to be a stripper, you know.

Yeah, yeah, I know, WAY too far into the future...but it's fun to think "what if," and figure out what might happen far beyond the projected scope of the story.

fel if hes a democrat , then that will explain why it never came up in the main stream media in the first place. probably some blogger on the net came across some old shots of her from some mens club and voila - instant scandal.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

All this talk of thing going on in Kit's world gives me a hankerin' to reread the story yet again. Can't count how many times I've actually read it. lol we all need some new material to read and reread again and again and again... well you get the idea. :wink: Oh also, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm still waiting to see if Sheila actually does win Ben over.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho