Thor's Child - update to chapter 9

Stories written by people other than Fel, set in Fel's universes.

Moderator: Contributing Authors

GBLW
Mi'Shara

Thor's Child - update to chapter 9

Post by GBLW »

Here's a little change - a complete rewrite of the story, but still a continuation of what you've read before.

The plot is the same, the characters are the same, but the viewpoint has changed. Instead of the primary character telling the story, my new editor convinced me to re-edit the entire story and have a 'narrator' instead.
At first I thought that only meant I'd deleted a lot of the words spelled 'I, me, my and our' then substitute the words 'he, him, his and their.' Unfortunately it took a little more than that -- okay, a LOT more than that, but I think it improved the story.

While my new editor was at it, she convinced me to remove a lot of dangling participles, modify some of my punctuation and clean up some of my English. (to quote Ellen, my new editor, "If you aren't doing your best, why bother doing it at all.")

Anyway, in the long run, if you want reread the story, I think you'll find it improved. If you don't want to reread the first eight chapters, the only thing which has really been changed is the point of view.

I hope you enjoy what you find in Chapter 10 which has been posted, so I've recycled the other chapters to that space.

KP/GBLW
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Re: Thor's Child - update to chapter 9

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Yay! New chapter!

I probably won't re-read the beginning for a while, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I go through my 2nd read.

-DigitalMaestro

...and: FIRST!
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

And what a cliffhanger! Someone's been taking lessons from Dark Master Fel!
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

good work m8
and like DM said, what an cliffhanger!!
thanks

ham
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

yep its the height of bastardy :twisted:
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

a cliffhanger??? Nope, not really. A cliffhanger ending for the chapter would need a few more words, something like;

Tor immediately jumped to his feet and moved in front of the mirror on his closet door, then he gave his idea a try and barely caught himself before celebrating with a loud shout as he watched his reflection disappear. Just then though, his bedroom door swung open and he saw the face of a woman. Her hand raised to cover her mouth and he could see fear in her eyes as she softly whispered, "Tor? Where did you go?" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Edit: (Of course I won't really use that paragraph, but if I did, I would call that a cliffhanger.) :lol:
K Pelle aka GBLW
samuelmichaels
Sorcerer

Post by samuelmichaels »

GBLW wrote:a cliffhanger??? Nope, not really. A cliffhanger ending for the chapter would need a few more words, something like;

Tor immediately jumped to his feet and moved in front of the mirror on his closet door, then he gave his idea a try and barely caught himself before celebrating with a loud shout as he watched his reflection disappear. Just then though, his bedroom door swung open and he saw the face of a woman. Her hand raised to cover her mouth and he could see fear in her eyes as she softly whispered, "Tor? Where did you go?" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
LOL!

A very good, meaty chapter.
Florida Friends wiki: http://floridafriends.wikia.com
Do-over stories: http://do-over.wikifoundry.com/
Spearfish Lake Tales wiki: http://spearfishlaketaleswiki.com
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

Thanks! I think I will take the time and re-read the story. It was enjoyable enough the first time, this time should be a pure delight!

Thanks.
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

GBLW wrote:a cliffhanger??? Nope, not really. A cliffhanger ending for the chapter would need a few more words, something like;

You really are a devil, aren't you,,,,hihihi
cheers

ham
Greywolf
Initiate

Post by Greywolf »

Sounds like it's going to be interesting. I can't wait to read the new take. LOL
andy_t_roo
Sorcerer

Post by andy_t_roo »

ah, just what i wanted -- something to distract me for the next hour (maby a few more, i should be careful here ...) during this lecture which is about to start.
Sancria
Da'Shar

Post by Sancria »

wow, that was a sort of evil cliff hanger.
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Just a warning - Work on the next chapter is slower than on previous chapters. I had hoped to have the next chapter done by now, but real life interfered once more.

Part of my slowness is due to another health problem. My last visit to the hospital seems to have left me with a small 'gift' - a case of 'Pink Eye' - dangit! For some reason it seems to be a resistant variety, and is fighting off the doc's treatment. So I'm susceptible to irritation from bright lights at the moment, including the light given off by my computer monitor. No fun!

On top of that, I'll be introducing a few new characters in the next few chapters and I have to create 'back stories' for them, which requires some research -- and that takes time.

Work is progressing, but slowly, so before you ask, it ain't done yet.

KP/GBLW
K Pelle aka GBLW
Hawkeye
Initiate

Post by Hawkeye »

Thank you for an entertaining story!

Keep up the good work!

Hawkeye
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

GBLW wrote:My last visit to the hospital seems to have left me with a small 'gift' - a case of 'Pink Eye' - dangit! For some reason it seems to be a resistant variety, and is fighting off the doc's treatment. So I'm susceptible to irritation from bright lights at the moment, including the light given off by my computer monitor. No fun!
Dangit, I and the doctor's have been fighting this eye infection for over a month -- they knock it back and I have a day or two of clear eyesight and no pain, then it returns. They no longer think it is just pink eye, but all the tests they've done haven't given them an answer to just what in 'H' it actually is, so I've grown darn good at putting eye drops in both eyes.

I still can't spend a lot of time on the computer, but I haven't forgotten you or the story though.

KP
K Pelle aka GBLW