Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Edengrave
Sorcerer

Re: Lost & Found

Post by Edengrave »

Thanx a lot Never_Fear! :D

It definitely is the right book! first time Lost n found worked for me...I am a believer now 8) Took about 3 weeks, but this one was particularly obscure. Thanx again!
He appears to have taken some of his books off electronic libraries, like a couple of authors have done recently.
I could only find the one book in my admittedly short search, but I definitely remembered the story as a trilogy.
So armed with the author name, I went to trusty scifan, and sure enough, he has 4 books to his name.
“So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
- Ge 3:24
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

First is a novel or novelette I have read only a part of. It takes place in near future when all movies or nearly all moves are remakes of old films, alsn all movies are created using digital manipulation of existing (in some kind of light-loop based storage) movie scenes. The main male character work is to erase all the vices like smoking or drinking from old movies, which sometimes is next to impossible without destroying whole (or most of) plot of the movie, like for eample scene with champagne in Disney Classic "Dumbo". Each chapter (section) begins with some movie cliche, and this cliche is next played (kind of) in given section. Main character pines after woman who want to be an actress in the world of remakes and cutouts.

Second is a book from Baen Free Library. The main character is a boy with strange psionic-like powers... but when he uses his powers monsters are send after him. One of main enemies in the book are race of intelligent ant-like insects, divided into section A and section B, one of which wants eradication of all other life.

So... help, please?
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
bjeane
Initiate

Post by bjeane »

Wicketklown001 wrote:Tom wasn't very happy with SOL for some reason or other and moved all his stories off. Not sure if he posted them anywhere else but here's a link to his Yahoo group, the stories are there and he does update them from time to time though he's been having medical and financial problems lately and hasn't been able to post as much as usual.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ohhellnostories/

edit: beat me to it heh
He moved again. His new address is http://www.terriblethomgroupstories.com
stgardn1
Talent

Post by stgardn1 »

I'm one of those people looking for terriblethom. I've tried all the URL's suggested here, none of them work. Does anyone have anything more recent?

Thanks
Wicketklown001
Sorcerer

Post by Wicketklown001 »

As far as I can tell his site is still here. I just went and that link works for me.
http://terriblethomsgroupstories.com/forum/index.php

At one point he closed the yahoo group he had but then he reopened it to serve as a backup in case the other site didn't work out (something about the host being bought out or something, I didn't read too much into it)
Here's the link to the yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ThomsTales/
ralbloke
Sorcerer

Post by ralbloke »

Hi All

Just a quick query about a story that had a young kid captured by indians who grows up, becomes a spirit chief or something and tries to buy the indian land for the tribe.
Sorry, I know it is vague but I think the story may have been on Ewpub.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
cdhaag
Novice

Post by cdhaag »

That sounds like Tom's Adventures by T-Rix.

Here is the link.

http://storiesonline.net/auth/TRix
ralbloke
Sorcerer

Post by ralbloke »

Thanks cdhaag
That is definately the story but not the same author name I am sure.
Now to read it while waiting for Fels next masterpiece.
khyranleander
Initiate

Post by khyranleander »

Heya gang! Decided to go reread a long story I'd read on SOL a long while back. Didn't recall the author or title of it, but I knew he'd written something with the unique title "Leifstic" so figured it'd be an easy find. Nehhh!!! Looks like the author moved his stories off, or at least that one.

Now, I'm NOT looking for Leifstic, itself. The other story wasn't about aliens but a kid born special. Having the usual ESP powers turned on from the outset, it actually starts out with him waking to sentience in his mother's womb. He eventually susses out the existence of the outside world, lets his family know how special he was, and begins making plans for the future. Seem to also recall it set somewhere in Africa, likely South Africa as the family had a black servant (even if she was more like family, of course); her daughter is only a few years old herself at the start & becomes a sort of puppy-love girlfriend to the boy before he's even born. Story progresses through the boy's birth and his development into an overly grown-up preteen, what effects his brilliance & powers have on the world, and then apparently takes a turn for the worst when his country gets caught up in a war. Think he lost his family at that point, does the "wrathful (but overall benevolent) minor god" bit on the troops involved... then seems to disappear, far as my memory goes.

Anyone have a clue?
KB
fortress
Sorcerer

Post by fortress »

Pretty sure that is Shawn by John Wales

http://storiesonline.net/story/47139

edit: yea after thinking about it more, definitely is Shawn and the other book was by John Wales as well just spelled as Leefstic
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

Yes, that is definitely Shawn by John Wales. Leefstic is still there as well, all at http://storiesonline.net/auth/John_Wales. I kept thinking it was spelled "ie'" rather than "ee" as well.

crxbnt
khyranleander
Initiate

Post by khyranleander »

Oho and gee-willickers! That's the problem with trying to recall odd spellings -- too many combos to guess at. Much gratitudinal thankingness!!! <g>

KB
Mysterious
Sorcerer

Post by Mysterious »

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a HP fanfic where an older Harry goes back in time into to his younger body in an alternate universe. The universe is described as grey because it is a "possibility" and Harry actively makes different decisions to "solidify" the timeline. In the story he sets up his finances, buys a house, buys a young house-elf and gets sorted into Hufflepuff. Two notable features I believe was the Occulumency description in the book he was reading during the train ride to Hogwarts as well as using Tune magic to get Neville's pet toad Trevor.

Help Appreciated!

Mysterious
You're not FAT... You're just horizontally gifted :)
Bartokian
Novice

Post by Bartokian »

I was reading some files on my laptop once more, and tumbled into the stories from TerribleThom. Now I got curious enough to check out if he had anything new out since last year or so. And guess what: he apparently moved sites once more.
Does anybody know where he posts right now? Am kind of interested to see how Recovery of A hero goes on after he supposedly gets killed... I tried all of his previous sites and the one mentioned here, but ran out of luck...

thanks in advance,
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

Bartokian wrote:I was reading some files on my laptop once more, and tumbled into the stories from TerribleThom. Now I got curious enough to check out if he had anything new out since last year or so. And guess what: he apparently moved sites once more.
Does anybody know where he posts right now? Am kind of interested to see how Recovery of A hero goes on after he supposedly gets killed... I tried all of his previous sites and the one mentioned here, but ran out of luck...

thanks in advance,
That is not TT 's story m8, it's roadbug :h**p://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.p ... sions,alas, nothing new there, last chapter is 19, TT is back on SOL again
have fun

ham