Kit Chapter 39 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Kit Chapter 39 - Spoilers

Post by Mad Monk »

New chapter, New thread. :D

I wonder if Alicia is going to stay cowed by Vil? I suspect not, but I think she will try to work behind the scenes, and try to avoid anying which could be traced back to her.

I suspect that Sylvia and Nick and co. are going to earn bonuses at some stage.

Also the PCC and Paladins will be under the spotlight - probably a federal investigation. Unfortunately, hate groups and extremists tend to flourish during economic crisis - think of the Nazis in 1930's Germany and the recruiting grounds for Al Quaeda. It is often easier to point the finger at someone and blame them for whatever has gone wrong than try to fix the problem.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
nicolai
Da'Shar

Re: Kit Chapter 39 - Spoilers

Post by nicolai »

I'll let my guesses loose here.

I think this round of chapters in Kit's saga will end with Laura's birth, perhaps with Kit holding her in the delivery room.

I also think there will be future chapters. This is too good a story to lie fallow for too long.

Nick and Sylvia will become a couple, eventually. But not right now. Especially with Vil hiring her to work with Nick. Nice twist there, Fel. Lots of room for them to snipe at each other along the way.

They will also earn their pay. The Paladins will not back off, that level of hatred engenders an enormous load of stupidity. I almost feel sorry (NOT!) for the fools. Alicia, and possibly Zach, will be the same way.

Vil will become pregnant. That's axiomatic, given how badly she wants to be. I'm guessing a male for her first.

Vil will do something outrageous with her wedding gift. I wonder what, but there are just so many possibilities. :twisted: I'm sure she will love doing it, too. Kit just might have to spank her.

Mad Monk, it is always easier to point a finger and cast blame. Fixing the problem is work! Usually hard work. And the terrorists are too important (in their own eyes) to descend to such a degrading thing at work.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Isengrim
Initiate

Post by Isengrim »

mmmmm.... a fun chapter.
“I was threatened by his father to keep my mouth shut,” she confided, referring to Kitstrom Zachary Vulpan. “He said if I left Steve, or if I said a word about his activities, he’d destroy me and my family. What else could I do?”
I doubt it will be important, but just how will the Morgan family react to that? Particularly the threat to the rest of them.

I was rereading old chapters and I noticed, back in chapter 13, that Sheila reported Steve saying he wasn't a purist. Is it a continuity error? Was he lying? Did he try to kill Kit and Jessie because he felt compelled to for some reason other then purism? Maybe someone is playing a deeper game then Vil thinks.

If we're gonna be making guesses about what happens next, I'm gonna guess that Laura is born shortly before they leave Stonebrook. Nick and Sylvia are hired to provide long term protection to Kit and Jessie in Austin. Kit's idea of buying foreclosed houses and then renting them to their previous occupants is moderately successful and will get almost no lines. Vil tells Kit and Jessie that she's pregnant at the end of the last chapter before Fel moves on. Alicia gets the Paladins to attack the complex in Austin, while Zach leaves the country.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

I'm betting that something will happen during the birth... Laura born in an unexpected place or moment. :o
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

expedient wrote:I'm betting that something will happen during the birth... Laura born in an unexpected place or moment. :o
yep! with you there on that one.Maybe born on the plane ride home or something.That would be poetic justice seeing as we have been talking , so much about flying this series.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

You know I'm kinda wondering if Steve did do it? Or if maybe Alicia Did it, and Steve seeing it was Paladin's just took off thinking he'd be the first blamed..

As far as I can tell, there has been no mention of any proof outside of the fact that he ran..
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

Hearly wrote:You know I'm kinda wondering if Steve did do it? Or if maybe Alicia Did it, and Steve seeing it was Paladin's just took off thinking he'd be the first blamed..

As far as I can tell, there has been no mention of any proof outside of the fact that he ran..
This has certainly been discussed previously. As head of the Paladins, Steve knew that there would be a trail leading back to him, so he ran. Alicia's actions since then certainly smack of "guilt transfer," where she is trying to blame Kit for actions which I suspect she initiated and led to the death of her son.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

You know ,I have to admit , I can see kit's point of view with the whole giving wine to kids issue.

Honestly,they aren't giving the kids heavy booze and its not only in their culture , that a cup of wine is acceptable.Plus there are plenty of people wit drinking issues who didn't start drinking wine at nine.jessie needs a chill pill on this one. :wink:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

dellstart wrote:Honestly,they aren't giving the kids heavy booze and its not only in their culture , that a cup of wine is acceptable.
It's common in (some) European cultures to serve wine (sometimes watered down a little) to children.

It's not quite the same here in Aus, but many parents will permit their children try a small amount of beer or wine (usually a sip from a parent/family member's own glass/bottle).

It helps reduce the mystique from alchohol for many kids.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Spec8472 wrote:
dellstart wrote:Honestly,they aren't giving the kids heavy booze and its not only in their culture , that a cup of wine is acceptable.
It's common in (some) European cultures to serve wine (sometimes watered down a little) to children.

It's not quite the same here in Aus, but many parents will permit their children try a small amount of beer or wine (usually a sip from a parent/family member's own glass/bottle).

It helps reduce the mystique from alchohol for many kids.

Yep. I know my dad let me try a little beer, when I was only a young whippersnapper.I didn't really like it(Unlike now)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

The giving of watered wine and watered down ale in Europe at least goes back as far as the Roman Empire. It wasn't done to cut down the mystique of Alcohol it was because in most places the water wasn't safe to drink. The Alcohol in the wine and Ale killed the Bacteria in the water. It's been a fixture of European culture for so long that Alcohol never was treated like in the US.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Alcohol was never treated in Europe like it is in the US?! :shock: Um, have you even seen European college students or teens partying? Have you ever been to a club in Europe? They get wasted/pissed just as much as teens and college kids in the US do. For instance, did you see the picture of prince harry dressed as a nazi storm trooper, bombed off his arse? There is no difference between that and a lot of the stupid things that go on at frat parties in the US...

My thoughts on Kit 39:
As for the kit story, I think Alice is really the one who tried to have kit and Jessie killed. I agree with that whole guilt transfer theory. I also think that zach is still a threat, however he is very weakend. I also think that the Morgan's may be able to go after zach without vil stepping in. As long as zach had the possibility of power of the whole family, he was a real force to reckon with. Now? Well he still has the vulpin name, and has a lot of money, but not as scary. Zach also seems to be the type to have made a lot of enemies, maybe that will come back to bite him? As for laura, my money is on a birth in texas... if they are planning on living in Austin, then its very important that their child isn't a yankee. :wink: As an example of the south's undying hatred for yanks. When I lived in tennessee I watched a reinactment from the American civil war. the original battle was between sherman and his army, against a couple of old men and kids who got slaughtered. The reinactment? Well, the confederate actors marched the yankees off in chains and the whole crowd paraded behind them whooping it up... yep, they changed history. :P
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

also reading back through some of the older chapters as I've been bored at work, I think Brian will either protect or take a bullet ment for Kit from Zach in some manner that proves to kit not all the Elders hate him.

Personally I think Kit is a bit Irrational at some of the elders who didn't have much of any choice as the cousins did. (scared to help him or be disowned, I mean everyone agree's that Kit's dad was a controlling bast*rd, why couldn't some of the uncles be just as scared as the cousins were.)