Kit - Chapter 35 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Kit - Chapter 35 - Spoilers

Post by Mad Monk »

Well, an interesting change of direction.

Jahal could still be working for his old bosses - after all, the Vulpan - Brighton alliance has major political and military implications for people who have navies and buy ships. I also wonder if he is there as a red herring, with other covert people planning something while the security concentrates on him.

Somehow I suspect Duke is also going to be critical at some stage.

Its just like Fel to answer a question (who sabotaged the helicopter), but introduce much bigger questions instead. :roll:
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: Kit - Chapter 35 - Spoilers

Post by dellstart »

Mad Monk wrote:Well, an interesting change of direction.

Jahal could still be working for his old bosses - after all, the Vulpan - Brighton alliance has major political and military implications for people who have navies and buy ships. I also wonder if he is there as a red herring, with other covert people planning something while the security concentrates on him.

Somehow I suspect Duke is also going to be critical at some stage.

Its just like Fel to answer a question (who sabotaged the helicopter), but introduce much bigger questions instead. :roll:
Couldn't have said it better myself.Not bad for a pom! :wink:
Last edited by dellstart on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Maybe they aren't gunning for vil, kit, or jessie maybe they are going after mr. Brighton? After all, when he gets in the picture, Vil gets more protection. I agree, the guy could be a red herring... there is also the fact that Kit is heavily armed now. I can't see fel not having kit make use of that firepower somehow, even if its only the pistol.

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

On second thoughts

Jahal could be working for anyone,but you have to ask, who gains most by having a inside into Stonybrook?
An elder of course.Now that we know , that the Elders are not that bloodthirsty, what more do they need more than on the ground up to date inside info.Notice , Vil's response-that what she assume as well.Let the Misinformation campaign begin.

Good point there mate, In Lord Duke , not only do we have lovableness rouge , we also one who has shown bottle(courage) and a cool head under fire.With all this gun talk, and our characters learning to fire semi and automatic PDW's , that has got to come into play somewhere.

Kudos to those guys, who guessed it was a accident.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

dellstart wrote:Good point there mate, In Lord Duke , not only do we have lovableness rouge , we also one who has shown bottle(courage) and a cool head under fire.
Um, rouge is used either to polish stuff, and this rabbit already has plenty of polish, or is put on cheeks, like a certain fluffy sheep does. Might we be meaning rogue, as in a dashing rogue who is suave and debonair and lucky with the femmes?
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

kd7mvs wrote:
dellstart wrote:Good point there mate, In Lord Duke , not only do we have lovableness rouge , we also one who has shown bottle(courage) and a cool head under fire.
Um, rouge is used either to polish stuff, and this rabbit already has plenty of polish, or is put on cheeks, like a certain fluffy sheep does. Might we be meaning rogue, as in a dashing rogue who is suave and debonair and lucky with the femmes?
Have pity on him. He's a colonial, and struggles with the Queen's English.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

dellstart wrote:On second thoughts

Jahal could be working for anyone,but you have to ask, who gains most by having a inside into Stonybrook?
An elder of course.Now that we know , that the Elders are not that bloodthirsty, what more do they need more than on the ground up to date inside info.Notice , Vil's response-that what she assume as well.Let the Misinformation campaign begin.
Just because the helicopter was probably an accident, does not mean that the Elders are not bloodthirsty. After all, Zach chased Brian out of his house with a golf club! Kit and Vil certainly believed them capable of hiring assassins after Kit was shot.

I agree that Jahal is probably hired by one of the Elders, but which one? Depending on who it is, they could be planning disruption of the Wedding or possibly serious violence. Only Fel knows, and he isn't saying (yet).

zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Possible objectives for Jahal mission:
- delay Vil wedding to give more time to the elders to remove her from command.
- Kill jessie and Kit
- Retrieve something that Zach left inside the mansion
DrGonzo
Sorcerer

Post by DrGonzo »

I still do not believe that the helicopter crash really was an accident. If I had caused it, and wanted to calm things down and had the resources, a good idea would be to cause another crash somewhere else, to make it look like it really was an accident.
Magnus
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

zedd wrote:Possible objectives for Jahal mission:
- delay Vil wedding to give more time to the elders to remove her from command.
- Kill jessie and Kit
- Retrieve something that Zach left inside the mansion
Hmm I like the idea that Zach left something behind, something incriminating perhaps. It fits with Zach having to rush out of there and being trapped in the west wing from the time Kit got there. We know that Zach was laundering money through the Stonebrook accounts, could he have left some evidence of where that money came from?

On another note, Fel has never mentioned Kit's maternal Grandparents, whether they are dead or alive and if alive when Kit was injured why didn't they help him. All we know is that Kit's mother's maiden name and that his maternal relatives are old money as well.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

I suspect someone has been storing up evilness over the holiday season to get back at some pesky irritants who keep asking for more. I am one of them. I certainly feel that Fel has outdonbe himself with the ending of ch 35! That is a very nasty place to leave us. I certainly hope the next chapter comes quickly or we will all be regurgitating this chapter to wring more clues out, looking more witless and clueless once the evil genius reveals more tidbits in the next chapter.

Arrrrrrgh!

crxbnt
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

Could be that Cybil is involved here somehow too. She's got to be pretty pissed at the way Vil ripped her a new one.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

DrGonzo wrote:I still do not believe that the helicopter crash really was an accident. If I had caused it, and wanted to calm things down and had the resources, a good idea would be to cause another crash somewhere else, to make it look like it really was an accident.
Magnus
I didn’t want to come across as totally paranoid by mentioning the same theory, but since you have...

I also worry about secret passageways, disloyal servants listening to Vil’s future plans and all the obstacles to the Vulpan fortunes (Vil, Kendall if they’re married, Kit, Jessie and baby Laura) all being in the same place at the same time at a set time known in advance...

Fel is driving me to make up all sorts of fiendish plots and manipulations in my fitful sleep. Damn you Fel and your cursed dream magicks. :twisted:

P.S. It must be about time that someone close to Kit perishes too... :cry:
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Maybe we haven't seen the end of cybil? After all, she already tried to kill kit for getting in her way, it would be a coup' if she could get kit, vil, kendel, winston, and jessie all at the same time. I'm thinking maybe a bomb followed up by a direct thrust at kit and jessie, where kit has to use his sidearm.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

expedient wrote: I also worry about secret passageways...
That's a very good point. Zach can have told Jahal about the secret passages, and since the security teams working for Vil don't know about them .... It could be a hide & seek & shoot between Kit and jahal inside them. All that training in hand-guns has to be put to use :twisted: