Spirit Walker, chapter 20.

lapland
Katzh-dashi

Re: Spirit Walker, chapter 20.

Post by lapland »

Fel,

Thanks for the b-day present. I don't think I've received one in years.....:) But gag, do I really have to add another year to my age? (45 for those who are curious)
wildph
Katzh-dashi

Post by wildph »

Hi All,

Chapters 1-20 of Spirit Walker are now available in PDF format from my iDisk.

http://homepage.mac.com/wildph/

Cheers Fel

XW
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

Please tell me you have a backup of your hard drive! I would hate for you to loose anything.

If you think it is the hard drive, I recommend that you take it to a tech who can "clone" your hard drive to a new one so the new one is identical to the old one. That way all your files, programs and settings are preserved. If you wait too long the hard drive will eat itself & the operating system and programs will have to be reloaded from scratch (which is a pain and a waste of time).

If you want to clone the drive yourself (or keep backup images/snapshots), I recommend Acronis or Ghost. I think Acronis is better, personally.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

As usual, a fantastic chapter!

Huge thanks!
Doc Spratley
Initiate

Post by Doc Spratley »

Ah...the start of September.....near the end of this story.....the promise of a beautiful autumn.....the promise of a continuation of the Saga.....can't get better than this. Thanks Fel
Forbidder
Sorcerer

Post by Forbidder »

Hi,

Great story, I've been lurking, just read about your comp problems, some obvious thing to check, make sure the lockups are true lockups and not screen saver like viruses. I got one of those and it would look like I BSOD and it automatically rebooted after some delays.

At first I kept on rebooting until I noticed that after the BSOD, alt_ctrl_del would bring me my login prompt without rebooting.

Found a desktop wallpaper that acted like a screen saver despite that I have my screen saver off. Took like three weeks before the antivirus companies was aware and finally able to clean most of it off my computer.

Whatever wasn't cleaned I should have disabled via msconfig.

The timing and behavior made me want to let everyone know of this trojan/virus.

But if it is a HD issue, I suggest making a copy of all your data onto any media you can, once an HD goes, it is gone without a high amount of expense to get it back.

And I love your story, the long delay between updates does hurt, but as long as you keep on going, I have no grounds for complaining. Thanks for sharing your stories with us.
Mansoor B. K.
Novice

Post by Mansoor B. K. »

Thanks Fel, u the best
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fel wrote:This chapter is shorter than the usual one for two reasons:

1: Chapter 21 will be the last chapter in Spirit Walker.

2: I've been having some computer problems that have urged me to get this released ASAP before my hard drive dies.

Yeah, already. I've only had this computer for 4 months, and twice in the last few days, my computer locks up, I have to reboot, and nothing but a black screen after BIOS...which hints to me that I have a problem with my hard drive. The first time I restarted it like 10 times and nothing, then I turned it off a while then came back and turned it on. It ran checkdisk and repaired a lot of files, then worked normally. Well, yesterday it happened again, and this time it had to be restarted 3 times before it finally started loading Windows normally, and has worked normally since. So, I suspect my hard drive is about to kaput. I'm going to wait for it to do it one more time, and when it does, I'll leave it be and take it to the computer shop so they can see it doing what it does while it's broken.

Since I DO suspect it's my hard drive, I've backed up everything I don't want to lose.

Enjoy.
I've seen something like this happen before ....
It was a Driver Conflict ...it was the Driver for MS wireless Mouse and Keyboard that was the problem
once they were removed the system never had a problem after that.

I assume your using a 64bit opp sys on your correct ? Maybe XP-64bit ?

Phantom
SirVal
Initiate

Post by SirVal »

Thanks Fel!
:D
Sirval
dwightkbrowncts
Initiate

Post by dwightkbrowncts »

:D Thanks Fel for a GREAT Chapter!
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Ok, I have updated my site with chapters 19 and 20 of Spirit Walker. I have also added a new zip file where chapters 01 - 20 are in individual files within the zip file and have links to the previous and next chapters.

It takes me a while to do this. I'm not great at html programming and have no knowledge of css or other addon languages/packs for html, including java. If I ahve meda some rerors, PM me here please.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

MAny thanks for another fine chapter.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Blyker
Sorcerer

Post by Blyker »

Fel wrote:It's the end of the book, not the story. It will continue with Shadow Walker. ;)
thats good to hear because the story didnt feel finished to me :)
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Thanks for another great chapter.

*Prays to the computer gods to be merciful*
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
LADY MINX
Initiate

Post by LADY MINX »

Thank you for another Grate chapter. :lol:
I know how difficult it get's to getting around to writing when you have a demanding job. :(
Hope u push through and continue to give us the entertainment we crave. :lol:
Life is a challenge ! How can you resist !