The RSS feed?

Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

The RSS feed?

Post by Weresmilodon »

Just asking if the RSS feed is working for everyone else. Last update I got was on the some three days ago. I want to know if it's me having problems, or the service.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Re: The RSS feed?

Post by miraborn »

Working for me - the feed notified me of Ch 11 about 10 minutes after Fel posted it.
Wicketklown001
Sorcerer

Post by Wicketklown001 »

Weresmilodon wrote:Just asking if the RSS feed is working for everyone else. Last update I got was on the some three days ago. I want to know if it's me having problems, or the service.
Working for me also
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

where is the RSS link?
i didnt found it in the forum
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

It's under the Forum Services, Announcements & Guidelines section.

RSS link; http://forums.sennadar.com/rss.php

Well, several restarts of Thunderbird give no difference. Still not working. Think I’ll try restarting the router, though I doubt that'll do any difference. I'll restart the computer tomorrow, and that'll hopefully solve it.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Well, power outage this morning, so computer's been off for several hours. Didn't help though, RSS still don't work. Noticed that none of them work, not just this one...
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

Code: Select all

<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:annotate="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/annotate/" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
maybe that the problem ?

it is not the standart header
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

No, then just this feed would have stopped, not all of them.

Anyway, I found the solution, if not the problem. Seems to be a moderately well-known problem. One just needs to delete the "feeds.rdf" and "feeditems.rdf" under Application Data, and Thunderbird checks every feed again. Probably some minor corruption or something.

I should add that one of the symptoms of this is that you can't add new feeds, that when you try it gets stuck at the "verifying feed" stage.

Anyone else with this problem now have a solution, and I know where I stuffed it. I know I’ve had this before but solved it with a reinstall of Windows. No more.
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

I have been using the rss feed without issue for months now. Those of you who tend to have a bit of trouble should try using google reader on your personal iGoogle page. It collects the feeds for you. Just another option for when you normal aggregator fails.

Digital Maestro
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

I am having occasional problems with the RSS feeds as well. Usually it clears up in an hour or two, but I have been unable to receive an update since last Thursday. I have gone to the site and seen that there are updates / posts, but even forcing a read will not bring in any new posts.

I use RssReader, and it has served me well.

Thanks.

crxbnt
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

crxbnt wrote:I am having occasional problems with the RSS feeds as well. Usually it clears up in an hour or two, but I have been unable to receive an update since last Thursday. I have gone to the site and seen that there are updates / posts, but even forcing a read will not bring in any new posts.

I use RssReader, and it has served me well.

Thanks.

crxbnt

The RSS feed looks fine, it's got the latest posts (including yours).

Try clearing your RSS feed cache or re-adding the feed.