Spirit Walker - Spoilers - Chapters 1 through part of 14

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Spirit Walker - Spoilers

Post by Phantom »

boballab wrote:
Sage4Eros wrote:Some random thoughts sparked by Chap 13:

1. Kyven daydreaming about what he could accomplish if he could shift back & forth to/from Human/Arcan at will. Others brought up the possibility in the spoilers thread & I didn't feel like Fel was going there, but looks like I was probably wrong.
Or thats just Fel at his Evil best tweaking our noses about what we guessed and not going to do it.
Well you know how Fel loves Shape shifters :lol:

I was wondering if Kyven Ended up with 3 or more Totems would he then be Considered Mi’Shara ?

Oh and Fel we really need to Talk about this Fox Fetish you have

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Yeah what is up with all the Fox stories? Have you been hanging around Madathlon recently?
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I have to say that I find all these comments and speculations almost as interesting as the story - weird and wild, but interesting! :lol:
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Phantom wrote:

Phantom
Hmm, I believe it all started when Fel saw this Foxy women....

I am really lame.. :lol:
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Mizriath wrote:

Oh no trust me, that's not lame... this is lame.

Whats the difference between a dog and fox?
About five drinks.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Mizriath wrote:
Phantom wrote:

Phantom

What's lame is you trying to get out of the Marked for Death by using humor. Die Mizriath!!!!!!!! The first one to catch him gets a tin foil covered cookie.

J-Man5
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

J-Man5 wrote:
Mizriath wrote:
Phantom wrote:

Phantom

What's lame is you trying to get out of the Marked for Death by using humor. Die Mizriath!!!!!!!! The first one to catch him gets a tin foil covered cookie.

J-Man5
Ugh, someone saw through the ruse. Now I must find some other way to deflect the

Mizriath
Wanted - Dead or Alive
Reward
Tin Foil covered cookie

I believe if I offer to triple the reward, I can deflect the Mark back to the one who post the reward.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Yeah but see I wasn't the one who Marked you. Fel did and those marks are much harder to clean off. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser's don't work. The Mark doesn't transfer either. And ultimately Fel is the rewarder of Cookies. So who you gonna think the people on this forum are gonna follow the lead from YOU or FEL!!!! MeThinks it will be Fel. I'd run and hide in a tiny litttle Tin Foil lined hole Mizriath. With Psionic shields too! And somewhere that the God's of the multiverse can't divine where you are. Cause they are coming for you...

J-Man5
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

Post by furry_wolf2001b »

boballab wrote:
Sage4Eros wrote:Some random thoughts sparked by Chap 13:

1. Kyven daydreaming about what he could accomplish if he could shift back & forth to/from Human/Arcan at will. Others brought up the possibility in the spoilers thread & I didn't feel like Fel was going there, but looks like I was probably wrong.
Or thats just Fel at his Evil best tweaking our noses about what we guessed and not going to do it.
Yeah, it may not be workable, or allowed.
It is just kyven, he can still be a good spy even if he cant go back and forth.

Or each transformation is just as bad as the first, considering it probably takes allot of power to do it, that may not be a bad thing, makes sure that he only transform when absolutely needed. (tho i doubt will write that alternative)

What he needs help with is to not stand out so much, his fox form is after all unique and his face would not be un-known for long if discovered.
And a long time infiltration work may tie him up with too much every day stuff, when he could be more active in allot of smaller or at least shorter propositions/tasks.
But as always, rewards versus risks and priority's.

I think kyvens ability are a bit wasted on a deep infiltration work tho.
Then again infiltrating a bit in to help some one already there or on the way there(deep cover) sounds not all that time consuming or hard.
Am i wrong in getting the covert ops versus special ops to pop into in my head? :-/

And another thing
As a shaman, can kyven really forsake his duties enough to get really deep under cover?
>_>
You know, do the dark deeds, and at least avoid being seen doing the good shaman things.
Sorta like infiltrating the Nazis (or some other fanatics)..

As for intel, they got Dana, and she is on the inside already, may be better to cause her to go up in ranks some how..
Or deeper into lore guard power circles.
Miss spelling sweed in tha house! ;)
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

furry_wolf2001b wrote:As for intel, they got Dana, and she is on the inside already, may be better to cause her to go up in ranks some how..
Or deeper into lore guard power circles.
But who better to help maintain your cover then the person who would be tasked in investigating possible spys? Dana seems to be one of the loreguards better investigators, so I don't think it would be too far fetched to for them to task Dana with rooting out any spys in the loreguard. Espionage and Counter-Espionage. It must suck when they are both working for the same side. :D
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Any thoughts on Toby's role , in this whole shindig?
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

dellstart wrote:Any thoughts on Toby's role , in this whole shindig?
Ok I think I got a possibility and it is a doozy:

Toby is a Spirit, maybe even the Shadowfox herself.

Now here is my reasons:
Kyven padded along beside him, looking for a possible way to escape, two men rushed out of an alley wielding a pistol and cutlass and a strange black metal stick Toby reacted with amazing speed, pulling his pistol and shooting the nearest man without even giving warning, sending him crashing to the ground,
Kyven started getting worried after the half hour, worried that Clover had run into trouble with someone who saw she had no collar, worried that something had gone wrong.
He was sure of it when he heard a thunderclap, then another thunderclap, and then a gunshot.
“He saw us skirting the village and tried to catch me to lure you out,” she answered. “He was actually polite about it, but I was quite surprised when he cancelled my spell, grounded my lightning, and retaliated with his pistol. He shot me in the leg of all places.
Now lets look at the situation. Here is a man that can pull, aim and fire his pistol and kill a man that already had is gun on him, but could only hit Clover in the leg when he had her on the defensive because her spells didn't work on him. To me he delibertly shot her in the leg. This is a being that killed a man without a second thought but wouldn't kill someone vastly more dangerous to him, and he knows at that point she is a shaman. Only a Spirit would do that IMHO. There was plenty of enough time for the spirit to talk to Clover and make up that little scene, just to set the stage so to speak. Then think on the fight in CH 13 when both Toby and Clover split off from their grps for an extended piece of time, only to reappear when Kyven attacks the Loreguard. Then at the end of the fight Toby takes off running and gets caught by Clover out of sight of Kyven. Now what is interesting is that Clover could catch Toby running since earlier Kyven couldn't run faster then Toby.
Charging past her faster than any human could possibly run, Toby raced towards him on two feet, his legs a blur as he ran faster than a horse at a dead run. That had to be alchemy! He was running so fast, he could run faster than Kyven on all fours!
“Watch her, I’ll deal with the hunter!” she called, then she dropped to all fours and bounded over the stream in a graceful jump, then raced off after the hunter.
“Kyven,” Clover said, dragging the inert form of Toby Fisher along with her, by the scruff of his shirt.
If you noticed while reading that chapter there was no crack of thunder or pistol shots when they disappeared. Also the Shadowfox told Kyven that he must respect Toby and that he was dangerous to him in unexpected ways. This sounds kind of like the warning the Shadowfox had for Kyven about other spirits and how he must respect them or they could be dangerous to him. Another thing is the old Superman line you never see the Shadowfox appearing when Toby is around and the Shadowfox has been mysteriously absent since Toby has been around Kyven.
“How far behind is Toby?”
He is actually ahead of you, she answered with a toothy little smile. He correctly assumes you seek the settlement of Deep River and passed you in the night en route to it, but does not know it. Guard well against that one, Shaman. Treat him with respect. He is dangerous in ways even you do not understand, but will come to learn in time.

Also rememeber this
Your totem is the shadow fox, and her energy is blue. She is a deceiver, a trickster, a being of stealth and guile. You will excel at spells of deception, confusion, and illusion, for that is what your totem excels at.
hoppy
Sorcerer

Post by hoppy »

boballab wrote:

Now here is my reasons:
boballab wrote:

Now here is my reasons:
Kyven padded along beside him, looking for a possible way to escape, two men rushed out of an alley wielding a pistol and cutlass and a strange black metal stick Toby reacted with amazing speed, pulling his pistol and shooting the nearest man without even giving warning, sending him crashing to the ground,
Remember Toby is alchemically augmented so this probably could handle it easily, then there is the fact that men made a show of attacking them that tells me that they were relying just the threat of their weapons to do part of their work, not the best attitude to take against some one who's response to an attack is to attack.
Kyven started getting worried after the half hour, worried that Clover had run into trouble with someone who saw she had no collar, worried that something had gone wrong.
He was sure of it when he heard a thunderclap, then another thunderclap, and then a gunshot.
“He saw us skirting the village and tried to catch me to lure you out,” she answered. “He was actually polite about it, but I was quite surprised when he cancelled my spell, grounded my lightning, and retaliated with his pistol. He shot me in the leg of all places.
Now lets look at the situation. Here is a man that can pull, aim and fire his pistol and kill a man that already had is gun on him, but could only hit Clover in the leg when he had her on the defensive because her spells didn't work on him. To me he delibertly shot her in the leg. This is a being that killed a man without a second thought but wouldn't kill someone vastly more dangerous to him, and he knows at that point she is a shaman. Only a Spirit would do that IMHO. There was plenty of enough time for the spirit to talk to Clover and make up that little scene, just to set the stage so to speak. Then think on the fight in CH 13 when both Toby and Clover split off from their grps for an extended piece of time, only to reappear when Kyven attacks the Loreguard. Then at the end of the fight Toby takes off running and gets caught by Clover out of sight of Kyven. Now what is interesting is that Clover could catch Toby running since earlier Kyven couldn't run faster then Toby.
Now I would say characterize Toby as a rather worldly and jaded warrior who pretty much lives only by his unusual sense of honor, because other wise he would be unable to live with him self. We also know he has little or no prejudice against arcans. Then there is the prevalence of shock rods, so it isn't surprising that he has a defence against electricity(all it would have to do is ground the electricity out or stop him from grounding.) So while clover tried to hurt him, she had little chance with lighting, and if he was close enough, the leg shot would be easier and faster. Another thought is that he knows how important shaman are to the arcans and does not want to get on their bad side by killing one.
Charging past her faster than any human could possibly run, Toby raced towards him on two feet, his legs a blur as he ran faster than a horse at a dead run. That had to be alchemy! He was running so fast, he could run faster than Kyven on all fours!
“Watch her, I’ll deal with the hunter!” she called, then she dropped to all fours and bounded over the stream in a graceful jump, then raced off after the hunter.
“Kyven,” Clover said, dragging the inert form of Toby Fisher along with her, by the scruff of his shirt.
If you noticed while reading that chapter there was no crack of thunder or pistol shots when they disappeared. Also the Shadowfox told Kyven that he must respect Toby and that he was dangerous to him in unexpected ways. This sounds kind of like the warning the Shadowfox had for Kyven about other spirits and how he must respect them or they could be dangerous to him. Another thing is the old Superman line you never see the Shadowfox appearing when Toby is around and the Shadowfox has been mysteriously absent since Toby has been around Kyven.
Well it had already been proofed that electricity could not hurt him so she snuk up on him and knocked him out, as to this the Shadow Fox wasn't around that much, if at all during Kyven's slavery and it usually doesn't show up unless he needs guiding.
“How far behind is Toby?”
He is actually ahead of you, she answered with a toothy little smile. He correctly assumes you seek the settlement of Deep River and passed you in the night en route to it, but does not know it. Guard well against that one, Shaman. Treat him with respect. He is dangerous in ways even you do not understand, but will come to learn in time.*snip*

Well this would be the most convincing evidence except for the fact that if she is Toby then she is lying to Kyven here(unnecessarily to,) because she says toby does not know that he is ahead. I get the feeling spirits don't lie, kind of like she needed permission to turn him into an arcan, deception yes, lying no especially when she does not not need to.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Ok the first fight I think you overlooked something Clover said to Kyven about it:
He was actually polite about it, but I was quite surprised when he cancelled my spell, grounded my lightning, and retaliated with his pistol
If it was just Grounding the Lightning like clover said I would agree with you. Alchemical devices probably could do that, but he cancelled a spell. That means he interrupted the channel of energy between the Spirit and the Shaman. If Alchemical devices could do that every Loreguard would be running around with them and the Shaman wouldn't be that big of a threat. Remember theShaman only channel spirit energy, I can only think a spirit could do that.

Now onto that the spirits won't lie: Lying is part of deception and the Shadowfox would lie her ass off to Kyven if it suited her purposes.
lied, ly·ing.
–noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3. an inaccurate or false statement.
4. the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at his accusers.
–verb (used without object) 5. to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.

ly·ing·ly, adverb
—Synonyms 1. falsehood, falsity, mendacity, prevarication.
2. deceptive, misleading, fallacious; sham, counterfeit.
After all, she was a spirit of guile and deceit, and her Shaman was not exempted from her nature. If her Shaman could not appreciate that fact, he would be in for a rude awakening. She would deceive him when it suited her purposes.
He is actually ahead of you, she answered with a toothy little smile.
that little smile is to me a clue that she is pulling something on Kyven.

Then there is still the little problem that Clover has to get close to Toby to drain the crystals he has. So explain how Toby that had a head start on Clover could get caught by someone out on a grassy plain that is slower then he is. Then he doesn't try and use a weapon to defend himself when she gets near him? That little sequence just doesn't make sense. You got a "Human" that can interrupt Shaman's spells, can run faster then an Arcan, is a deadly quick draw, has killed before to keep Kyven but doesn't draw a weapon, stop a shaman spell or run fast enough to get away from Clover and lets her get close enough to drain his crystals. To me that doesn't add up, its 2+2=5
Last edited by boballab on Sat May 10, 2008 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mysterious
Sorcerer

Post by Mysterious »

There is a scene in which the Shadowfox and all the other characters were together so that precludes her being Toby:
The shadow fox watched the human woman with calm, mildly curious eyes. She watched her as the woman looked down at her bloody hands, then carefully cleaned the blood into a handkerchief and tucked it into a pocket. She had more blood on her, on her wrists, on the insides of her thighs in bloody streaks from shimmying up the rope, on her boots, on her surcoat, in her hair.
And in her body.
The shadow fox nodded to herself, unwrapping her tail and standing up, then padding on silent feet into the forest.
The seeds were all planted. Now came the patience of waiting for the harvest.
Her Shaman was on his way to Haven, with the woman and the hunter hot on his heels. He was leaving the human lands with a full understanding of what the real world was, and was filled with resolve to do something about it. He had learned the value of deception, but had also learned the value of truth. He had learned the value of mercy, but had also learned the value of ruthlessness. He had learned how to communicate with the Arcans, empathize with them, had lived life seeing the world through their eyes, and fully appreciated the hardships of their lives in ways no other human could.
He had gained much wisdom.
He now wanted to join the Masked, and his time as an Arcan had taught him both the harshness of their lives and how to relate to them on their level. He was ready to go to Haven now, to see the other side of the real world, bringing the hunter and the woman along with him, and ready to resume his training in the spirits and Shaman magic.
Things were moving along just as she wished.
She vanished into the forest, shadows consuming her, quite pleased with the progression of things.
I'm going with the theory that Toby will be hired by the Masked to help them in their endeavour to overthrow the Loremasters. While he is an unusually dangerous individual in the sense we have been given no information on his training or background, there is no overt evidence pointing out he is anything else but a normal human. His training could be entirely self taught by just getting ideas off others and experimenting on his own to increase his repertoire.

Mysterious
Last edited by Mysterious on Sun May 11, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're not FAT... You're just horizontally gifted :)