And now, introducing Legacy, chapter 1.

Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: And now, introducing Legacy, chapter 1.

Post by Mizriath »

MISER wrote:Hi Fel, and all,

Thanks Bud,

I have been wondering what was comming and now I am happy agin. Although a bit in mourning over Miranda. Us old folks get that way...

John
Hmm Miser, Happy to hear you happy. But you took a month to check that Fel has started a new story. I'll be pointing a pistol at my foot, no make it a gun, no make it an M16 if I take that long. :D . I am planning my next schedule to check on chapter 2.

I am using a laser pointer ... ... .... .... .....
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

MISER wrote:Hi Fel, and all,

Thanks Bud,

I have been wondering what was comming and now I am happy agin. Although a bit in mourning over Miranda. Us old folks get that way...

John
Hmm Miser, Happy to hear you happy. But you took a month to check that Fel has started a new story. I'll be pointing a pistol at my foot, no make it a gun, no make it an M16 if I take that long. :D . I am planning my next schedule to check on chapter 2.

I am using a laser pointer ... ... .... .... .....
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

Fel .... Fel ?????
Fel, where are you ?????
I miss you !!!!!
Let us hear of you, please will you ?
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Dittos the above!

This is the real good old cliff hanger....
aikibob1
Talent

Post by aikibob1 »

Well...

The first chapter promises a good story, but I am at odds with everyone. As a male reader who has a strong tendency to identify with the hero I won't read novels where the main character is a female. I've read plenty of good novels written by women but only stories where a male is cast as the central character. I've avoided reading "Legacy" until now but I enjoy all of Fel's work so I tried it -can't continue!

"Insurrection" was great (only Fel would refer to a normal length novel as a short story)! "Fox and the Hawk" promises to be another wonderful tale. Both stories have a male "hero" and Fel handles the male viewpoint well.
Last edited by aikibob1 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfy
Initiate

Post by wolfy »

Man I feel sorry for your daughter if you have or ever have one. Her own father will be unable to relate to her. Can't tell Daddy about her day, cause daddy can't relate. What a jackass.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

wolfy wrote:Man I feel sorry for your daughter if you have or ever have one. Her own father will be unable to relate to her. Can't tell Daddy about her day, cause daddy can't relate. What a [removed].
No flaming, please. Even if you think they deserve it, it's not worth an escalation war.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Oh..spoilsport... :twisted:
I don't read a lot of female lead character stories too, but it's not on principle. There just aren't that many. For some reason even female writers choose male characters...at least based on the literature genders that I read. It is interesting to see Fel's "male-fantasy" world through a woman's perspective. Change isn't always bad aikibob1.
aikibob1
Talent

Post by aikibob1 »

Wow! What a response from wolfy! BTW I said "identify" not relate.

I can and do relate well to women (including my daughter). That is different than reading fiction and increasing ones reading pleasure and "escape factor" by identifying with the hero. In the "old days" all principal characters were male in the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genre and readers had no choice (women especially). Given a choice I prefer to identify with male persona because I think and feel like what I am, a man. Having lived a "manly" life - you know - army in the 60's, risky jobs, motorcycles, martial arts, etc. I just find it plain fun to identify with fictional heroes. I'd say Fel appears to be more comfortable writing from that view point based on his work.

I've read novels focused on female characters and my enjoyment factor is lower. Now, after all that, my point was to stimulate a little discussion about "Legacy" vs. Fel's other sagas based on the popularity of a female hero (or not). In modern fiction it looks like most best selling novels feature male heroes.

I wouldn't expect an apology, after all, guys blow off steam all the time!
Hawkeye
Initiate

Post by Hawkeye »

Thanks, Fel! Any idea when you will continue with this story? :) :?: :wink:
beastkiller18
Initiate

Post by beastkiller18 »

hey great chapter loving this continuation :mrgreen: :D

but i was wondering if you are going to continue writng for this? :?: :?:
Out of the smoldering embers and ashes rises The Phoenix http://www.flash-mind.com/images/media/ ... reborn.jpg
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Beast, Fel said in another post somewhere that he was going to start this all over again and not have it in the Sennadar universe.
englknght
Talent

Post by englknght »

Oh please keep this story going it looks great and I cannot tell you how many times I have read the Tarrin Kael story truly great writing.
LADY MINX
Initiate

Post by LADY MINX »

I CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF YOUR BEUTIFULL TALES AND I ALWAYS WISH FOR MORE AND MORE AND MORE.
THIS IS A GREAT START. :lol:
Life is a challenge ! How can you resist !
Gabriel
Sorcerer

Post by Gabriel »

I know this is late, but have I told you how much I enjoyed chapter 1?

Well would enjoy it more if there was a chapter 2 to go with it. "hint, hint" :lol: