Maybe you guys can help me out!

Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Maybe you guys can help me out!

Post by Halcyon »

After working my tail off for the past several months, I have finally accumulated some money. I was thinking about purchasing a next-gen system (Wii, PS3, XBox 360) but I find myself at an impasse as to what to choose. Any suggestions?
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Charles M. Schulz
fear1222
Sorcerer

Re: Maybe you guys can help me out!

Post by fear1222 »

I have a PS2, PS3, XBOX 360, and a Wii. The only one that gets played anymore by my kids and now my wife is the Wii. I even took the XBOX 360 to my office and I play it there when I get bored since no one at home plays it. So I vote the Wii.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I vote the Wii.

Mario Galaxy and Zelda are two great games that Wiill keep you playing for a long while.

Hell, me and my gf have fun playing Wii bowling, which comes with the system. WOW! A game comes WITH the system. Haven't seen that since the 16 bit era.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

We have the wii, but haven't really bought any games for it besides the ones that came with it, it's a fun system, but I do not like not being able to use the joystick vs the remote, I mean playing the first Sonic game they released was like pulling teeth (IMO) Personally I wish we'd have gotten the Ps3 instead, but overall the wii is fun, just annoying at times..
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Go buy a Wavebird for the Gamecube. You can use that instead for most things, instead of the Wiimote.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I vote for a wii, its just a lot of fun. And you can get exercise while you're doing it... um yeah, thats why I play the wii, for the exercise. :wink:
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Super C
Initiate

Post by Super C »

It depends. What kind of a gamer are you? If you're more of a casual gamer that plays when friends come over, or when you have parties/family get togethers then get the wii. It's more of a social experience that happens to play video games. They have enough ip's (mario, metroid, Zelda) to keep you busy on your own too. The graphics aren't the best compared to the other 2, but the gameplay experience is completely unique.

If you're a hard core gamer, get a 360 or a ps3. Personally, I'd get a 360. Their online method is proven, they have a great library of games, and you can buy an hd dvd add on if you really want to watch movies in hi def. I have the add on and love it.

Finally, only get a ps3 if you're a play station fan boy. I really don't see a need for one just yet. It's overpriced, there are no must have titles available for it yet (at least that aren't available on other systems) and very few people have them. A friend of mine bought a ps3 and call of duty 4 but routinely plays it on his 360 instead. There simply aren't enough people with a ps3 to make it fun just yet. Unless you REALLY want a cheap blue ray player than happens to play games, I'd avoid it.

I MAKE video games, and even *I* don't care for a ps3. I have a 360 and when I actually have some time to play, I'll get a wii.

my .02 :)
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Lochar wrote:Go buy a Wavebird for the Gamecube. You can use that instead for most things, instead of the Wiimote.
I have the joystick they sell for the WII, that plugs into the remote, the problem is if the game isn't designed for it it won't work.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

This little console purchasing guide went around work recently, and should be of some assistance when selecting a console.
Console Purchasing Guide.
Console Purchasing Guide.
FWIW: I (recently) got a Xbox 360, and, when I can find a place with stock+good deal, I'll get a Wii too.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

hahaha, that's a rather mean little flowchart there Spec.

Literally. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
fear1222
Sorcerer

Post by fear1222 »

Spec8472 wrote:This little console purchasing guide went around work recently, and should be of some assistance when selecting a console.
consolechartyr2.jpg
FWIW: I (recently) got a Xbox 360, and, when I can find a place with stock+good deal, I'll get a Wii too.

LMFAO!!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Spec8472 wrote:This little console purchasing guide went around work recently, and should be of some assistance when selecting a console.
consolechartyr2.jpg
Hummm now this is just too scary ....I'm not sure if it's the Fact that Spec owns a Gaming System ...
or the fact that he use's Flow charts to do everything ...

Spec you should seek Profesional help.
That or we all need to Buy More TinFoil.............Soon too!
I think i feel a Disturbance in the Force....who Ordered this?

Fel this isn't one of those little missions you dreamed up for Tarrin is it ?

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I think your tinfoil is starting to rust, Phantom... You need to get some more sun. :twisted:
wolfy
Initiate

Post by wolfy »

Problem with tinfoil is its not really tin its aluminum and aluminum has been positively linked as one of the causes of alzheimers..... :twisted:
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

That is a good one spec. But miss out on the family part.... :lol:
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.