The Imperium's In Trouble - Can Jason save it?

madathlon
Initiate

Re: The Imperium's In Trouble - Can Jason save it?

Post by madathlon »

Even if he was sleeping with the monarch, She couldnt show favertizem for him.. if anything she has to hammer down more on him.. Otherwise the other houses will do something about Jason.. So most likly while in puplic his most likly will be treated as a redheaded step child of the houses.. Why do U think she had to talk to him behind close doors all the time.. She likes him but she also knows if its seen she have a major house war on her hands becouse of him.. Nope he going to have to use his charms and looks on the other houses to get them to work with him.. And the Empress knows this.. thats why she making him come.. So the other houses can see him.. and see he not getting any favertizem from her..
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

Indeed, by being a new player in the game, Jason would be a likely target for most of the plots.

He represents a change to a system which is centuries old. No one knows what the concequences of this change could be, except that it is a potential risk to their established position. The easiest way to deal with this is to eliminate it. His house is also small, so several assasinations and it is no more. (We already know from Kumi's experience that there are proffessional assassins used by nobles.)
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
madathlon
Initiate

Post by madathlon »

One thing I would do if it was me.. Would be to build a major Med Center in honor of Dr. Rann and Invite as many of the Feay Doctors that will come and staff it.. Id also Invite As many of the Kimdori who want to come any live on Earth and help rebuild it.. And thats just a start of the new Allies Id get there..
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

Just caught up with the posts. :)

No, the empress could not yank the trillanes charter as much as she would like to because she has already slammed them once. If she went after the trillanes again it would be the guarantee of civil war because the trillanes would have their backs to the wall. Therefore they would have nothing to lose in attacking the empress.

As I've said before Jason is an outsider therefore the ideal stalking horse for interested parties to use to get things done in the court. However I can see Jason giving a little here and taking a lot there in order to help clean up the court.

I think that the idea of the empress using Jason as a stalking horse to get things done is a good idea. But you've got to remember Jason has his own ideas about what needs to be done to clean up the imperium.

Somehow as much as Dahani seems to be in favour of reform I can't see her going as far as I think Jason would like to go. I forsee arguments BIG arguments between Jason and Dahani.

And what was that someone said about Jyslin being with Jason in court? I can see big sparks when Jyslin and Dahani meet.

They'll either kill each other or be best friends - maybe do both at same time. :)

Mud wrestling anyone? :D

So anybody got any opinions on Dahani coming down on Jasons neck about the Karrine tech?

AMPWS
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

Regarding my comment about Jyslin's and Jason's potential age mismatch (Jason = 300 years, Jyslin = 200 years).

Just read a post with an idea by Lochar:
Unless Jason can talk Cybi into allowing Jyslin to attempt the gene therapy that the Karrines did on themselves to originally allow the Generations to be started.
That should do something to help even out the potential age difference.
:D

Of course that does leave a sticky problem. Would Cybi see this as starting up the 'generations' program again? :(

AMPWS
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

ampws wrote:Regarding my comment about Jyslin's and Jason's potential age mismatch (Jason = 300 years, Jyslin = 200 years).

Just read a post with an idea by Lochar:
Unless Jason can talk Cybi into allowing Jyslin to attempt the gene therapy that the Karrines did on themselves to originally allow the Generations to be started.
That should do something to help even out the potential age difference.
:D

Of course that does leave a sticky problem. Would Cybi see this as starting up the 'generations' program again? :(

AMPWS
How do we know it's a result of the Generations DNA mixing Maybe there is some off shoot of the Karrines other Research ?

Fel never said for sure that it's the Kimdori DNA responsible for the Longevity maybe it's something in the Karrines DNA ? ....

I'm hoping that it's something the Karrines learned while trying to create the Generations.

And another Thought ......Kumi has a Kindori Friend ...Does Kumi have some Karrine DNA in her somewhere ?

there are like 233 of them out there still

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

The Empress has a few other things she can use against Jason.

1. His wife is technically still wanted as a deserter from her military service.

2. So is Kumi.

3. Jason has just wreked her city. It might be a unintentional, but he has just shattered tens of thousands of windows, including those in the medical annex. If you are flying fast enough for the vortex from your wake to shatter windows, then people are going to be sucked out of the buildings, plus anyone on the ground is going to be shredded by flying glass. (Largely pedestrianised due to Faey flying craft).

Probably hundreds dead, plus thousands injured, with the major hospital damaged. Jason needs to explain his position to the public so that they blame the Trillanes.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Mad Monk wrote:The Empress has a few other things she can use against Jason.

1. His wife is technically still wanted as a deserter from her military service.

2. So is Kumi.

3. Jason has just wreked her city. It might be a unintentional, but he has just shattered tens of thousands of windows, including those in the medical annex. If you are flying fast enough for the vortex from your wake to shatter windows, then people are going to be sucked out of the buildings, plus anyone on the ground is going to be shredded by flying glass. (Largely pedestrianised due to Faey flying craft).

Probably hundreds dead, plus thousands injured, with the major hospital damaged. Jason needs to explain his position to the public so that they blame the Trillanes.
Actually what he said to the Marine squad, that if they are "nobles" he can Take them out of there Conscription, so that should eliminate that.. The windows and the damage done to the city are all a direct response to that jerk in the Palace who would not pass on Jason's message to the Empress..

heh
:P
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

Hmm...

Kumi never said that she could sense Kimdori. Also Jason can sense another of the 'generations' the same as he would sense his sister. All of the generations should be able to sense each other.

Which leads to an odd thought. I know the odds of any of the generations meeting are supposed to be slim 250 odd in a population of millions on the Faey homeworld. However the Karrines are your basic techno-geeks so should tend to filter into roughly the same fields of expertise.

So why haven't they 'felt' each other before now? :wink:

Of course the Kimdori could have been guiding them behind the scenes so they are spread out over the planets of the imperium. (Has to be behind the scenes or else they would be sensed.)

Of course such was there interest in Myleena before Jason came along that she did sense them. Which is why she was so nervous about the on Karris until she met Denmother Zaa.

AMPWS

ps.

Thanx Hearly I would have said to him to re-read the part where Jason explained to the Marines that there service devolved to him as Grand Duke. Therefore as Jyslins husband she automatically became a Grand Duchess and so exempt. :D

My computer is powered by the kinetic energy of coins falling out of my bank account.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

jason does stuff in a non faey way, and has an interest in keeping the imperium stable. she get him to do somethimg she cant or not allowed to do. he has independant status yet tied to the imperium,
.S.A.M.K.M
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Hearly wrote:
Mad Monk wrote:The Empress has a few other things she can use against Jason.

2. So is Kumi.

Actually what he said to the Marine squad, that if they are "nobles" he can Take them out of there Conscription, so that should eliminate that.. The windows and the damage done to the city are all a direct response to that jerk in the Palace who would not pass on Jason's message to the Empress..

heh
:P
And the Empress would probably laugh like it was some sort of a joke. Remember, the penalty if she couldn't get Trillane into a position to take them down. Trillane was getting ready to make a bid for the throne, and if they got it, ALL of Earth would've been enslaved as the kidnapped people were. I think that even a few million credits worth of damage on his race through the capitol is a small price to pay to keep her throne.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

The marines have not broken any laws, Jyslin has (desertion from imperial service, escape from custody, theft of aircraft etc.).

Of course the Empress can make all the legal problems vanish - she is the boss, after all. She just has a few extra favours which Jason owes her now. She seems the type to collect on those favours if it suits her.

Jason has just done damage on the level of 9/11 to the Faey's capital city. He needs to publicly pass the blame for that to the Trillanes otherwise he will have major problems in the future. That may be part of the reason that the Empress has told him to stay around and banished Trillane.

Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Mad Monk wrote:The marines have not broken any laws, Jyslin has (desertion from imperial service, escape from custody, theft of aircraft etc.).

Of course the Empress can make all the legal problems vanish - she is the boss, after all. She just has a few extra favours which Jason owes her now. She seems the type to collect on those favours if it suits her.

Jason has just done damage on the level of 9/11 to the Faey's capital city. He needs to publicly pass the blame for that to the Trillanes otherwise he will have major problems in the future. That may be part of the reason that the Empress has told him to stay around and banished Trillane.
Actually I think he did already Pass it ....all of the Damage Occurred in Seeking the Martyr’s Gambit! once he passed that All Crimes he may have comited were absolved by the Empress. It was an Illegal act commited by that Faey male that caused the need in the first place.

ampws wrote:Kumi never said that she could sense Kimdori. Also Jason can sense another of the 'generations' the same as he would sense his sister. All of the generations should be able to sense each other.

Which leads to an odd thought. I know the odds of any of the generations meeting are supposed to be slim 250 odd in a population of millions on the Faey homeworld. However the Karrines are your basic techno-geeks so should tend to filter into roughly the same fields of expertise.

So why haven't they 'felt' each other before now?
I never Said she was a Generation just did she have Karrine Dna/Blood in her.

Phantom

Male announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Female announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Male announcer: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a white zone.
Female announcer: No, the white zone is for loading. Now, there is no stopping in a RED zone.
Male announcer: The red zone has always been for loading.
Female announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for unloading.
Male announcer: Look Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again. There's just no stopping in a white zone.
Female announcer: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.
Male announcer: It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Phantom wrote:I never Said she was a Generation just did she have Karrine Dna/Blood in her.
I don't think she is. I mean, if she was, why didn't Miaari and the Kimdori try to get HER on the Kimdori throne? Of course, it could be the inherit greed exhibited by her, but that's just a guess. But I don't think there's ever been mention of it by Fel either here or in the book itself, so I don't think she is.
Deeb
Sorcerer

Post by Deeb »

Phantom wrote: Male announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Female announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Male announcer: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a white zone.
Female announcer: No, the white zone is for loading. Now, there is no stopping in a RED zone.
Male announcer: The red zone has always been for loading.
Female announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for unloading.
Male announcer: Look Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again. There's just no stopping in a white zone.
Female announcer: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.
Male announcer: It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved.
I sit in awe.
-Deeb