Ariana's sharaem

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Ariana's sharaem

Post by Lochar »

Quote:
Then he simply willed it to appear. And it did. A shaeram appeared in his paw, one made of quartz crystal, with a sturdy silver chain.

Silver chain. Shouldn't it have burned in Tarrin's hand?

Yes, I realize this should go on the wiki, but I figured I might as well mention it here as well. Rereading the whole series. Yet again.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Re: Ariana's sharaem

Post by Shadowhawk »

Lochar wrote:Silver chain. Shouldn't it have burned in Tarrin's hand?
If I remember correctly, Were are not allergic to silver (like vampires to holy water, garlic and optionally silver for example). Silver and magically enhanced weapons disrupts Were regeneration, so silvered and magical weapons give wounds like ordinary weapon would give non-regenerating human.

At least I think so.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Shadowhawk wrote:
Lochar wrote:Silver chain. Shouldn't it have burned in Tarrin's hand?
If I remember correctly, Were are not allergic to silver (like vampires to holy water, garlic and optionally silver for example). Silver and magically enhanced weapons disrupts Were regeneration, so silvered and magical weapons give wounds like ordinary weapon would give non-regenerating human.

At least I think so.
the Sharam, he gave to Keri, burned his hand and was silver I believe.. (back in book 1)
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

There's a thread about that right now over in a regeneration thread. In Tower Chapter 15, "Changing form, Tarrin waded through the fountain and carefully, gently slipped the amulet's silver chain off the statue's neck. The smell of the silver rose his hackles, and his pads burned where it touched him, clear warnings to him that the metal posed a danger to him."

So I think the chain would have burned him. Could be that he didn't touch the chain though?

Fifer
centcom
Novice

Post by centcom »

who says that the silver chain touched his hand? depends on how big the sharam was, perhaps it was sticking out with the chain not touching his hand.
:?