Question about Duidic Teleportation

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Question about Duidic Teleportation

Post by Lochar »

fel wrote:Yes, before you ask, there WAS a piece of Sapphire in the bell. That's how it succored her.

Tarrin still has that bell. And it still works.
Thank god Tarrin still has the bell.  If someone else got a hold of and got the scale or whatever is in the bell/made into the bell would be bad for Sapphire, wouldn't it?  Kinda like the lock of hair that Tarrin burned when he cut his braid.

Speaking of the bell.  You say he has it.  Does he have in Pyrosia?  Can he USE it in Pyrosia?  I'd love to see what would happen there.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Dash
Sorcerer

Post by Dash »

Not sure how useful Sapphire would be in Pyrosia. She is a very magical creature (reverted to drake when there wasn't enough magic to sustain her).
Tarrin is providing the sustaining magic for two small creatures. Don't think he can provide enough for Sapphire as well. She must need a huge amount of magic.  ;D
So if Sapphire came through she would probably revert to another drake?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Good point, but if he used the bell, wouldn't that open up a temporary gate between Pyrosia and Sennadar.  Maybe long enough for Niami to call home her children.  Maybe when the One is destroyed, it'll allow magic back into Pyrosia.  I'm guessing that there's no magic there because the One is blocking natural forms of magic.  Think about it.  They have Wizard and Elementalist magic which comes from other Planes of energy, and the Priest magic with is given by the gods, mainly the One.  Could it be when the one started taking over, he blocked magical access and the people had to learn forms of magic that didn't draw energy from the local area.

Support my brother.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

The problem with that is that the only magic we know of that is missing is Sorcery and Druidic magic. The All is there, but dead, so that can't be imported, and the Weave is Niami, and can likewise not be imported. So no new magic.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I didn't mean like that, but I meant magic that used to be native the Pyrosia, but was destroyed when the One took over.  If you can control all forms of magic in your world, what use is rebelling?

Support my brother.
Dash
Sorcerer

Post by Dash »

Getting a bit off topic, but what the heck.
I don't think the bell would allow the souls to return. The Sennadar gods only allow gates out of Sennadar (summoning demons is a different skill). So if a temporary gate was used, then Sapphire would get sucked out of Sennadar and the souls wouldn't be allowed back.
The plan was to get a gate out to the astral planes where the one and only gate INTO Sennadar resides.

That completely sidesteps where the gate originates from. Is it Sapphire performing the spell to recall herself to the bell, so gate is from Sennadar to Pyrosia, which the One is blocking, or whether the bell starts a gate out of Pyrosia and the Sennadar gods block it ;-)

The souls cannot return through to Sennadar, by the bell, unless the Gods permit entry through all gates, and they don't want to do that, because it was to stop demons coming through (if I remember right).

I think the issue about Niami twisting the other gods arms to leave the gate open for Tarrin, was for him to be allowed through the permanent gate. I'm not sure her arm twisting would get them to undo the blocking of gates in general  ;)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Niami's thing was for the to stop blocking Gates to Sennadar for the time that Phandebrass would need to create a gate directly to Sennadar so that she could call the osuls of her dead children home.  Tarrin and co. would probably still have to use the Astral, since the most they would probably relent is to let a Gate open that only allows the dead through.  If that's possible.

Support my brother.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

lochar wrote:(...) Tarrin and Co. would probably still have to use the Astral, since the most they would probably relent is to let a Gate open that only allows the dead through.  If that's possible.
Or a gate with a killing Ward plus blocking Ward. Ward which blocks or kills the Demons also, but allows souls to pass thru. Another possibility would be for example gate into the lava (the one from the battle with Val)...

And of course Spyder as the guard(ian) of the gate, not mentioning the twin gods of Death.
Last edited by Shadowhawk on Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Dash
Sorcerer

Post by Dash »

My bad, should have looked it up.

"You need to find him and tell him that he must cast one that has a sustained duration. The instant a gate is opened to Sennadar, I can call my children home. The One cant stop it"

Perhaps the souls need time to get find and get through the gates then. A bit like how Tarrin summons his first elemental. They have to hear the gate and there is a scrum for the exit  ;) So the bell gate doesn't last long enough?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

That's also why he needs to get to Auromar.  The closer he is to the souls, the quicker they'll hear Niami calling them.  That and the One has them locked onto that island. If Tarrin defeats the One before he gets to Auromar though, wouldn't that defeat the point of having to go to Auromar.  The souls could jump into the Astral right then and there once the One's hold on them is gone.

Support my brother.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Not sure if they could pass through the Astral just like that. How would they find Sennadar, for one. The way there is hidden.

What Phanderbrass is doing is creating a path from one world to another, bypassing the Astral entierly.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Ch 5. Sword of Fire
Easy. Open a gate to Sennadar. If the One is blocking the souls of my children from entering the Astral, then you need to give them another way to reach me.
Niami said that to Tarrin when they were talking across the dimensions.

Natives from sennadar just have to get into the astral and will themselves home.

Support my brother.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Ah, right. Sorry. I mixed the Astral with something else.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I win yet again.  Whee! LOL

Support my brother.