Sorcerous Potential

The_Namer
Initiate

Sorcerous Potential

Post by The_Namer »

If a human Sorcerer breeds with an Aeradalla, can the child inherit the gift of Sorcery? If so, could a Tower be built on Conduit that runs through the Cloud Spire? Likewise, is it possible for a Goblinoid to possess Sorcery, whether through some specific breeding or other means?
Here lies an atheist: All dressed up and nowhere to go.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Sorcerous Potential

Post by Lochar »

As the Areadella are originally human, I think they would already have the ability to use Sorcery, but it's probably been muted.

Goblinoids could never use Sorcery, as the goblins were not one of the first races with the ability to use Sorcery.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

We have Sorcerers from Humans and Sha'Kar (I think the most), Selani (descendants of Sha'Kar I think), Wikuni (descendants of Humans I think), Werecats (only through Tarrin, who was Sorcerer before turning).
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

shadowhawk wrote:We have Sorcerers from Humans and Sha'Kar (I think the most), Selani (descendants of Sha'Kar I think), Wikuni (descendants of Humans I think), Werecats (only through Tarrin, who was Sorcerer before turning).
Wikuni are descendants of the Sha'Kar, changed by their gods.  They're the ones that sailed West and weren't heard from again.

And any Werecat that proves to be able to use Sorcery is going to be a direct descendant of Tarrin or Jula.  Both are turned Sorcerers.
Last edited by Lochar on Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
The_Namer
Initiate

Post by The_Namer »

On a somewhat related note, are there any Wikuni, Selani, Sha'Kar, Vendari, or Aeradalla Druids? The power seems universal, but I only remember Fae-da'Nar and human Druids being mentioned.
Here lies an atheist: All dressed up and nowhere to go.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I'm doubting that any of the Vendari would every handle any magical service (Sorcery, Wizardry, Druidry, or Priestly)  due to the fact that (1) they were created beings, (2) they were created with a resistance to magic.  But who knows? It's Fel's world and he can do what he likes with it.

J-Man5
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I also think that the other races mentioned might produce a druid if that individual was closely tied to the way the world worked and lived.  Then the AllMother Goddess Aeiese (sp?) would bring them into her worship (which is really what being a druid is).  Druids are like her version of priests.

J-Man5
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

"Honor and Blood" Chapter 19 (Goddess tells Tarrin the story about races)
"Now you may understand why Keritanima and Allia can use Sorcery. The ability has been suppressed in the other two branches of the Urzani line, but in Allia and Keritanima that ability has been reborn. In the beginning, only the Humans and that nameless parent race had the spark to be Sorcerers. All of their children retain that spark. And now that you are Were, the spark of Sorcery has been introduced into the Were-cat line. All of your children have the potential to be Sorcerers, just like their father."
"The Aeradalla are also magical beings, but they evolved from humans, not animals."
So the races which can use Sorcery for certain are: humans, Selani, Sha'Kar, Wikuni, Urzani (i.e. Spyder), Werecats (descendants of Tarrin and Jula). Races which can probably use Sorcery are: Aerdalla.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")