Tarrin's short sword (from Jenna)

Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Tarrin's short sword (from Jenna)

Post by Shadowhawk »

What happened to Tarrin's short (one handed) sword for his human form he received from Jenna together with bracers/Cat's Claws? I don't seem to remember mentioned them anymore. Has he lost it during the battle with Val?

Or does Tarrin not use it just because it doesn't fit his hybrid form, and even in human form he is larger? Well, if he don't need it, maybe he gave it to someone? After all it is made of Adamantite (which, maybe not at this point, is recognized as the black unnamed material his long "sword of fire" is made of), so it can kill Demons!

Well, I don't think that then Adamantite was considered otherwordly metal (at least on Sennadar), because Tarrin's Cat's Claws also were made from Adamntite... and he Transmuted them to be made of the unnamed black material his sword was made from.

"Weavespinner", Chapter 5:
A little curious, Tarrin approached the bundle, seeing that it was folded in such a way that would allow him to reveal what was inside without having to pick it up. He grabbed the cloth and peeled it back, then peeled back the inner fold, and looked down at what was inside in both surprise and amazement.

There were three things within the bundle. The first was a sword, an absolutely magnificent slightly curved sword whose pommel and hilt were worked to resemble a dragon. Tarrin looked very closely at that hilt, and he realized that Sapphire had been the model for the hilt. He recognized the general shape of the head, which served as the pommel. Tarrin picked up the sword and unsheathed it, and saw that it was sharpened only along one edge. The blade was very thin and almost unnaturally light, and drawing the entire weapon revealed that it had a chisel-style tip instead of a point. This was no thrusting sword, it was designed to slash. And the edge looked sharp enough to be able to slice through armor.

"It was based on the sword you used as a Were-cat," Jenna explained with bright eyes. "Just a little smaller, so you can use it as you are."
"Weavespinner", Chapter 9:
There was another sword now, one he had almost forgotten. It was the one that Jenna had given him, the one enchanted to have such an edge that it could cut almost anything, standing patiently in the corner and waiting for him to have need for it. It was very small to his paws now, almost unusable, the hilt to small to fit in the palm of his paw, but that wasn't an overwhelming obstacle. He was confident he could enlarge the sword without disrupting its magic, getting it large enough for him to use. It could certainly be useful. His black metal sword was keenly sharp and very strong, and it had the strange ability to harm extra-dimensional beings like Demons. This sword could chop basalt apart and slice through steel, especially given the amount of power he could put behind it, and it would be extremely useful. It took him a moment to get everything organized, having to pull everything except the Firestaff out of the elsewhere and rearrange it. The swords were put under the pack on his back, crossing between his back and the leather pack, and his staff remained in his right paw, with the Firestaff occupying his left. After he got everything arranged, it was all sent back to the elsewhere, leaving only his clothes and the Cat's Claws out in the real world.
Hmmm... maybe I should put this post in The Unanswered Question/Story behind the story! topic in "General Discussion" section.
Last edited by Shadowhawk on Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")