Error List

Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Re: Error List

Post by Weresmilodon »

Hmm...
       Well, the easiest way, he saw, was to simply change form and stand on a rooftop for a moment, then hide again.  If Ariana herself didn't see her, he didn't doubt that word of him would spread through the city like wildfire.  Somehow, he got the idea that visitors up here weren't exactly commonplace, seeing as how the spire's architecture went to such lengths to discourage visitation.  The bad side of that idea was that it could possibly spawn an intense hunt for the intruder, and he may get caught in cat form by some zealous crossbow-wielding sentry.
Honor and Blood Ch.15
Last edited by Weresmilodon on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Didn't Tarrin make his and Jesmind belt in such a way, that the two spells could be turned off and on independently? I.e. you can turn off water walking, but leave invisibility Illusion. Well, the holes in the snow/footprints would now be visible, but...

"Weavespinner", Chapter 14:
He understood what she wanted to do. Nodding, he put his book away and then deactivated the belt. He immediately sank four spans into the snow, his feet hitting enough solid matter to stop him when the snow was up to his waist. It was a little surprising to him, and he nearly lost his balance trying to shift his weight in the snow. Jesmind began to laugh uncontrollably, literally dropping onto her backside, unable to stop.

Tarrin glared at her a moment, then blew out his breath. "While you're laughing, I'm standing here for any flying Demon to see," he told her bluntly. "Now let's test this and move on."

"Sorry," she said, turning suddenly serious. "But it is funny, my mate."
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Here are a few errors that I've picked up while going through Honor and Blood.

The distance to the Great Canyon

Chapter 11
"That's the Lone Spire," she said, pointing to the singular rock spire in view.  "It's a landmark.  We're only about a day from the Great Canyon.  Do you want to see it?"
     "What do you mean?" Sarraya asked.
     "It's a little out of the way, but it's very beautiful," she replied.  "If you're curious, we can turn west and see it, then just follow the edge to where we can cross."
     "We're not here to sightsee," Tarrin told her gruffly.  "I have to cross the desert as fast as I can.  That's the only reason I'm bringing you along, girl.  If I'll lose time, then I'm not going that way."
     "It was just a suggestion, Tarrin," she said mildly.  "If you don't want to go, that's fine."
     "How soon will we reach it if we go the other way?" Sarraya asked.
     "About two days, but what you'll see there is nothing compared to what's that way," she said, pointing west.  "It's still a formidable canyon where we're going to cross, but there are paths to get down the canyon walls.  Over that way, it's just a cliff."
Chapter 12
They reached the Great Canyon at sunset.  That surprised Tarrin, because Denai told them that it was three days away, but they had reached it in two.  
About Elementals

Chapter 27
"They could summon Elementals with Arcane magic once, but the Elementals never obeyed willingly," Kimmie mused.  "Since Sorcery is a magic of nature, I guess the Elementals are more willing to obey a Sorcerer's commands."
     "I didn't know Wizards could Conjure Elementals," Tarrin said in surprise.  "I was taught that they couldn't do that.  That only Sorcerers and Druids could conjure them."
     "There are references to it in the books I've read," Kimmie told him.  "Maybe they stopped doing it for so long that people thought that they couldn't do it."
While in the desert didn't Sarraya tell Tarrin that Wizards could summon elementals but they were akin in power to the elemental type things she could summon? Sorry can't find the quote.

Creating Elemental Matter

Chapter 27
Creating elemental matter was a bit different from the Creation that Sarraya taught him, for it was actually much easier.  The only problem with Druidic creation of elemental matter was that it was always in its base form.  A Sorcerer could use Sorcery to create any manner of fire or water or air, from smoke to cold flames of light to fog to toxic clouds, but Druidic magic always limited it to pure earth or stone, pure water, pure air, or pure fire.
Wouldn't Tarrin have been using this type of creation when getting drinking water in the desert?
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

Found the quote concerning the elementals:

Chapter 17
Druidic Elementals are an order of magnitude stronger than the Elementals that you Sorcerers and the Wizards can conjure.  That means that it takes supreme power, skill, and willpower to keep one of them under your control.  The only real difference is that Druidic Elementals don't go berserk when the break free.  They simply go home, and the backlash of that against the Druid is usually enough to kill her."
     "I didn't know Wizards could summon Elementals," Tarrin mused.
     "What they call Elementals," Sarraya said scathingly.  "They're hardly more than a mephit.  Sorcerer's Elementals, on the other hand, are formidable.  Mainly because Sorcery is, at its heart, magic dealing with elements.  Fire, Water, Earth, Air, they're spheres of Sorcery, so that makes the Elementals they conjure very powerful.  Sorcerers are much more attuned to Elemental magic than Wizards."
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

I found a few more in Honor...

The relationship of the Selani and Wikuni to the Sha'Kar

Chapter 19
"The Selani and the Sha'Kar are related, but the Selani aren't descended from them.  To put it in relative terms, they are siblings, not parent and child."
     "Siblings?  What do you mean?"
     "Both races are descended from a parent race.  Their relations stretch back through that parent race, not with each other.  That's why Selani and Sha'Kar are similar, not exactly alike.  Had the Selani been descended from the Sha'Kar, the similarities between their languages would have been much more prevelant."
Chapter 32
"I'll tell you the story the Goddess told me some time," he told them.  "I'm sure you two would find it very interesting," he noted, looking at Allia and Keritanima.
     "And why is that?" Keritanima asked.
     "Because your people and the Selani are descended from the Urzani," he announced flatly.  "The Wikuni and the Selani descended from the Sha'Kar, who are descendents of the Urzani.  You and Allia are cousins as much as sisters."
Tarrin composed himself, smacking at Jasana's paw as her claws dug into the tip of his tail, then began.  He didn't go as good of a job as the Goddess did, but he did manage to remember all the relevant information that the Goddess had given to him.  They all seemed caught up in the story, even Jesmind, who had her elbows on the table and watching him as he told them all about the First Races, the insurgence of the Urzani, and the circumstances that brought them down.  About how the Sha'Kar came to be born, the Blood War, and the circumstances that caused them to split into the three sub-races, one of which was extinct.  "That's why you two look so different, Kerri," he explained after he was done.  "When the Sha'Kar that sailed away arrived at what's now Wikuna, the gods that adopted you changed you so you wouldn't look anything like you did when you arrived.  I guess to make it a clean break, or maybe a fresh start.  I guess you'd have to ask your gods about that.  Allia's people didn't really change very much.  They still look like the Sha'Kar--even the Urzani.  If you want to know what the Sha'Kar looked like, look at the Selani.  They even kept parts of the original Sha'Kar language as their own.  Which is really the Urzani language."
     "How do you know that, brother?" Allia asked.
     "I've seen an Urzani, sister," he told her.  "Remember when I told you about Spyder?  She's Urzani.  She was alive before the Sha'Kar came to be.  The Selani are the same size as Spyder, on the average, but I guess that's because of the desert.  I saw images of the Sha'Kar when the Goddess told me the story, and they're shorter than the average Selani.  The Urzani were warriors, so they were big.  They shrank when they became the Sha'Kar, who were pacifists, then grew again when they became the Selani and went into the desert, with its harsh environment."
There is a small mistake in the first converstaion in Chapter 34, the book Jasana is reading with Triana, is closed twice, once by Jasana and once by Triana.

Tarrin learning Wikuni and Dolanna's surprise at him knowing Shardi

Chapter 10
"Merchants come into the desert," Denai told her.  "They speak the four common trade languages, so the obe must know all four."
     "Four?  I thought there were two."
     "Four.  The common tongue of the west, the common tongue of the east, the language of the beast-men, and the language of the south."
     "Beastmen?  You mean the Wikuni?"
Sarraya asked curiously, and Denai nodded.  "And which is the south?"
     "Sharadi," Tarrin said calmly, interrupting them.  "Dolanna told me that the common trade language of the southern continents is Sharadi."
     "That's it," Denai agreed.  "The obe serves as the translator for the chief, and also as an advisor.  It's a hard job, because obe aren't permitted to fight unless the chief is in danger.  We sacrifice much for the honor of the position."
     "I didn't know a Selani would agree to not fight," Sarraya teased.  "But to learn four languages at once, wow.  That's hard."
     "It's very hard.  I'm still learning.  We have to know the languages as well as those who learned it from infancy.  Sometimes I get confused, and start speaking in another language when I'm trying to use one of them.  I was taught all four at once.  Sometimes they get jumbled together."
"Tarrin suffers from that too," Sarraya grinned.  "He's like an encyclopedia of languages.  I don't know anyone who can speak as many languages as he can.  But you know two that he doesn't," she told the Selani.
     "I do?  Which?"
     "Wikuni and Sharadi," she replied.
     "Keritanima and Dolanna were teaching them to me, but things kept them from finishing," he told the Faerie, gnawing a bit more on one of the bones left over from the lizard.
     "Then perhaps I can help settle my blood debt by finishing," Denai offered.  "It will help me get better by teaching you.  I can't teach you as well as those others could, but I'm sure you can learn something from me that you didn't know."
Chapter 34
Tarrin had never gotten around to learning Wikuni.  Denai hadn't known that language, and besides, she'd spent all their free time teaching him Sharadi, the accepted common language of the southern continent of Arathorn.  Why a Selani would be fluent in a language she would probably never used still mystified him a little bit, but the Selani were like that sometimes.  

"Then it was a wise business investment," Tarrin told him.  "I guess I should learn Wikuni one of these days."
     "That Wikuni that's a friend of yours?"
     Tarrin nodded.  "She's the only one I can't talk to in her native language.  I guess that's something I should fix."
     "Good luck," Tomas laughed.  "Wikuni is hard."
     "It can't be much harder than Selani," he shrugged.

"Well, I don't think you know, but someone taught me Sharadi while I was away," he told her.  "She's Selani, and they have a bad problem with pronouncing other languages the same way they do their own, so I'm not entirely sure how well she taught me."
     Dolanna smiled brightly at him. "You learned my native tongue?  That pleases me, Tarrin.  Very much so."
The last one, if Dolanna was teaching Tarrin she shouldn't sound like it was the first time she heard the news.
Danl
Novice

Post by Danl »

Chapter 14 of book one "Tower of Sorcery"  Appears to be  a little  long

Tarrin reached under his shirt, and withdrew the small wooden toy that had been the main plaything in their many games.  He dangled it from the end of its string, giving her a gentle smile, and then handed it to her.

"Oh, Shadow wants to play," Janette said with a beaming smile.

"Shadow does indeed," he told her with a gentle, loving smile, then he hunkered down and shapeshifted into his cat form.

Laughing, Janette dropped the scratched, battered wooden figure on the floor, and Tarrin pounced on it, feeling all his cares and worries melt away in lieu the pure simple joy of the game.

(the second half of the chapter starts repeating here )

"I wasn't sure they'd let me have important books, since I'm just an Initiate."

"Tarrin, this library is for any who can touch the Weave," she told him. "You have as much right to be here as the Keeper herself."  She glanced around.  "Well, it's about time for me to get back to what I was doing.  I'll see you later."

"
Danl
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Ok I found a Small Discrepancy

It's in Book 3 Honor and Blood chapter 28

It's while they are eating dinner in the Tent when tarrin tells Arren about having a Spy in his Army.
"You aren't a natural Were-cat?" Arren asked.

She shook her head, taking a sip of wine. "Me and Tarrin are the only two of us who were turned. Were-cats are usually extremely careful about biting people."

Kimmie States talking to Arren durring the dinner that
there are only 2 turned werecats.

technicaly this is true as Jula was never bitten.

but Jula is still a turned werecat making the number of turned Werecats 3  and not  2  as she states

I can't remember for sure but I think Tarrin has told her about Jula being his Bond Daughter so she should know this Right ?  
Or at least Tarrin should have corrected her on it.

oh well just letting someone know so it can be fixed if needed   :D

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Ok in doing a Reread I found another possible Problem with Honor and blood
It has to do with the number of Dals in Torrian.

It's a simple problem with numbers  and Multipul chapters

From Chapter 23
"If you can do magic like you
boast, we have a good chance. The garrison in Torrian is about a thousand men. I think
we could mass a force equal to that size."
we start thinking 1000 dal troops  and that they should be able to match that number.
InChapter 27 We find the following
"Several times, my Duke," Ariana smiled. "You're going to be facing about five
thousand Dal troops.
Most of them are quartered either on the walls or in the castle.
They're using ten man patrols to keep control of the city, but I suspect they'll all head for
the walls when the alarm goes out."
We jump to 5000 here and this is the problem
it's an easy mistake it should be 1000 troops

Also from Chapter 27
Everywhere he looked, he saw
nothing but enemy troops. Thousands of them!
There was no small garrison here, there was a massive army!
Here we find out there is more then the 1000 there is supost to be there

Finaly in Chapter 28 We have the following 3 Quotes
"Arren managed to
pin me down and drag an explanation out of me. I told Arren what you said, that the Dals
knew we were coming and knew our plan. I told him exactly what you said, that there
were ten times as many troops here as Arren thought,
and that you burned down the city
to protect his men. He argued with me about it, until they went out into the ruins and saw
all the bones. That was too much evidence for him to deny it, so he's not quite so mad at
you now as he was this morning."
Here we have a problem as this would make it about 10,000 Troops  
5 times would work better. As Arren should have about 1000 of his own troops.
They had to have five thousand men at the very least garrisoned in
the city.
We would have been slaughtered if Arren's army attacked them."
here we're back to 5000
"I understand that, Tarrin, and believe me, I believe you didn't have any choice. I
went around and saw all the bones. There had to be at least four or five thousand soldiers
in the city. I just can't believe that they managed to hide so many men from us, right
under our noses!"
and the same here we are back to 5000 troops

I Just put it up here so it can be fixed in a reedit sometime.
if i find more i'll try to post them as i find them

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
littlemomma
Talent

Post by littlemomma »

I am having trouble opening up the fifth book of the FIRESTAFF series.  It keeps telling me that the page cannot be displayed.  Could someone please help me with this.    Thanx   :)
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

Lead me not to temptation. I'm sure, I know the way better than you.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

This topic has now been locked, if you have any more Errors to add, please add them to the Sennadar Wiki Error List.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Severe continuity error. Will add to the wiki here shortly.

Honor and Blood Ch. 13

She did. It seemed that they were having a discussion, it turned into an argument, the Keeper tried to take Jula's amulet, and that set her off.

When Jula went into a rage that Tarrin felt.

Honor and Blood Ch. 35

Tarrin nodded simply. "The Goddess," he told her.

Jula clutched her amulet tightly in her paw, staring at the statue in awe.

Honor and Blood Ch. 37

"I never dreamed--" Jula said, then she sniffled. "I haven't worn a shaeram since the night I abducted you. I've been too ashamed. But if the Goddess does forgive me, I'll wear this and never take it off,"
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
wwlearp
Talent

Post by wwlearp »

Book 1 (Tower) chapter 14 (html version) repeats to the end of the chapter after
"Laughing, Janette dropped the scratched, battered wooden figure on the floor, and Tarrin pounced on it, feeling all his cares and worries melt away in lieu the pure simple joy of the game."