Black Tower in Suld

J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Black Tower in Suld

Post by J-Man5 »

I was re-reading the Fire Staff series and saw a reference to the Black Tower in Suld.  I did a search on all of the FireStaff and Pyrosian books and couldn't find any other references to it.  I was wondering what event occured there to trap as Dollana called them "Demons" within its grounds.  The reference also alluded to the fact that it was the Gods that created the trap or barrier there.

Any ideas or theories?

Fel want to give us some more story background?

Thanks,

J-Man5
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Re: Black Tower in Suld

Post by Shadowhawk »

Isn't this thread better suited in Q&A section, rather in General section?
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Ok.  I can either delete my postings and repost in the Q&A section or some admin can move it.  Either way is fine with me.

J-Man5
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

So now that this topic has been moved.  Any ideas or thoughts on the cause of the curse on the Black Tower in Suld?  

Is there a significant story lurking in this background information?

J-Man5
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

j-man5 wrote:So now that this topic has been moved. Any ideas or thoughts on the cause of the curse on the Black Tower in Suld?

Is there a significant story lurking in this background information?

J-Man5

Faalken described the city in a bit more detail, like the massive, grand, breathtaking Cathedral to Karas that was in the center of the city, and the Eight Fountains, one at each compass point, beautiful sculptures set in fountains, many of them rigged to spray water.
The most famous was the Fountain of Swans. There were many other landmarks in the city, like the Black Tower, a tower that was once home to a wizard, and now was a cursed place.
Many came to look at it, enjoying the perverse thrill of catching glimpses of the hideous things that roamed the tower's halls, and occasionally appeared on the balconies.
Faalken had told him that they couldn't leave the tower, but that anyone that went into the tower was putting his life in his own hands.
Dolanna had called the things trapped in the tower Demons, and she said that it was the hands of the Gods themselves that trapped them inside.

It would appear that the Wizard was able to call forth Demons to do his bidding.. He could have placed the spells that keep them trapped in side it's walls

It would seem that either they or the Breaking Killed the wizard or if the breaking took his power leaving him alive the demons may have been free to then kill him

Causing the gods to step in and repair or replace the spells keeping the demons trapped

As for some Lurking story thing.... I think it is just back ground and little else.   but i could be wrong.  

Just look at what caused the breaking <G>

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)