Forum Bots

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Prymael
Initiate

Forum Bots

Post by Prymael »

Ok, I'm still newb about some things, but I just have to know the purpose of the yahoo and google bots on the main page, I was just guessing it was related to the search engine before just cause it was only the google one there before but now my curiosity is piqued.

On a different note I was wondering who uses what browsers and the pluses and minuses of switching if any; I learned to use the inet on netscape at school early on then it was explorer when I got my own pc, and since then I have switched again to firefox. Some benefits and dissents are easy enough to spot when one comes across pages that require certain browsers to use or if java isn't working right for firefox (which could also be a vista thing o.O) and I like firefox a lot, but since explorer (read M$ >.< ) seems intent on emulating the best traits from everyone else while introducing other things, not to mention the whole compatibility issue just because some webhosts are unable or lacking the skills to add the code to make it more compatible beyond one or two browsers...

Yeah, that's about all my latte induced mind can think of in a straight line...lol, laterz
Questions are dangerous for those who would obey without.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: Forum Bots

Post by Spec8472 »

Prymael wrote:Ok, I'm still newb about some things, but I just have to know the purpose of the yahoo and google bots on the main page, I was just guessing it was related to the search engine before just cause it was only the google one there before but now my curiosity is piqued.
It's an indication that whomever's bot is currently indexing the site. Yes, this happens a lot, esp. for Google (who, recognising that the content updates a lot - will update the index every 30mins or so)