Forum outage - 2020-11-22

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Greymist
Weavespinner

Forum outage - 2020-11-22

Post by Greymist »

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the outage over the last day or so, the hard drive in the Azure VM somehow got corrupted and I had to do some work to fix things.

Should be all good now, well until I take it down for an hour or two to upgrade the forums software.
ettoren
Sorcerer

Re: Forum outage - 2020-11-22

Post by ettoren »

:thumbsup:
baengi
Initiate

Post by baengi »

:o
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Better you than me. I gave up on all that about 15 years ago.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Fawks wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 am Better you than me. I gave up on all that about 15 years ago.
I could have made things easier on myself and restored the server from a nightly backup I have - and in fact I did do that as well - but I felt like checking what was actually wrong with the disk (ext4 corruption) so it took longer than it could have.

That, and I was celebrating my partners birthday so was quite far through a bottle of wine when I got the alert that the server was down, then the next morning I was nursing a hangover :D
ettoren
Sorcerer

Post by ettoren »

Celebrations always come before work. Wish your partner a Happy Birthday from me.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I had been somewhat concerned, particularly how the last discussion on the general forum had been talking about Mike Cropo.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Greymist wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:13 pm I could have made things easier on myself and restored the server from a nightly backup I have - and in fact I did do that as well - but I felt like checking what was actually wrong with the disk (ext4 corruption) so it took longer than it could have.

That, and I was celebrating my partners birthday so was quite far through a bottle of wine when I got the alert that the server was down, then the next morning I was nursing a hangover :D
I don't blame you for taking the night and the hangover off. Although I've never had a hangover myself. :)

I actually graduated with a B.S. in Computer Information Systems.... Two months after the internet bubble busted in 2000. I gave up on that career by 2004.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.