Wiki site?

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

daggerfang
Initiate

Wiki site?

Post by daggerfang »

I figured I'd start a new topic rather than bump the old ones I've found.

Any rate, I'm wondering if the wiki has any signs of life? It seems to me to be dead but if the url has merely changed, that would be good to know. I am interested in participating in the wiki but can't see any signs that it's active. wiki.sennadar.com returns a 404 and wiki.sennadar.plebian.net returns "The blog installation cannot be found. Please contact support."
daggerfang
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: Wiki site?

Post by Spec8472 »

I doubt the wiki is going to be coming back. The amount of work required to get it back up and running is just not going to happen anytime soon.
samuelmichaels
Sorcerer

Post by samuelmichaels »

Spec8472 wrote:I doubt the wiki is going to be coming back. The amount of work required to get it back up and running is just not going to happen anytime soon.
I apologize in advance, as I don't know the history of the wiki here; but if set-up of a wiki is the main obstacle, how about hosting it somewhere like Wikia?

The main work, of course, is maintaining and enhancing the content.
Last edited by samuelmichaels on Fri May 06, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Florida Friends wiki: http://floridafriends.wikia.com
Do-over stories: http://do-over.wikifoundry.com/
Spearfish Lake Tales wiki: http://spearfishlaketaleswiki.com
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

If you feel like setting it up, maintaining it, and keeping it spam free... and Fel's ok with it, go for it.
daggerfang
Initiate

Post by daggerfang »

Spec8472 wrote:I doubt the wiki is going to be coming back. The amount of work required to get it back up and running is just not going to happen anytime soon.
That's a bummer but I mostly expected that given the silence on the subject before my post. Thanks though. :)
daggerfang
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Would it be possible to get (via email for example: jnareb@gmail.com) to get my user's page and its subpages from Sennadar Wiki?
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Shadowhawk wrote:Would it be possible to get (via email for example: jnareb@gmail.com) to get my user's page and its subpages from Sennadar Wiki?
Email sent, lmk if you don't get it. Took a bit of work to figure out how to find the wiki content.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Spec8472 wrote:
Shadowhawk wrote:Would it be possible to get (via email for example: jnareb@gmail.com) to get my user's page and its subpages from Sennadar Wiki?
Email sent, lmk if you don't get it. Took a bit of work to figure out how to find the wiki content.
Thanks, got it.

Nb. Sennadar Wiki didn't have a lot of contents if I remember correctly, but there was a bit. If it is administration and resources to keep it on-line that is a problem, perhaps moving it to Wikidot (free wiki hosting) would be a solution?
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Only If you're volunteering to move the content over...
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

Not familiar with wikidot, how does it compare to http://www.wikia.com/Wikia? Wikia I have worked with as an editor.