How to create a Forum Account.

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Spec8472
Weavespinner

How to create a Forum Account.

Post by Spec8472 »

Forum self-registration is once again enabled.
NOTE, as of May 2010 Forum Registration is Disabled. See below post for more details

It seems the old thread on how to sign up for the forums got deleted, not sure what happened there...

Anyhow. Because this site gets, literally, hundreds of spam account sign-ups per day - we need you to reply to the registration email you get.

So, it goes something like this:
1) Create an account by clicking Register

2) Fill in the details and click Submit

3) Within a few minutes you should get an email from the forums. REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. Make sure to includethe bit that says your username. Say hi, type a message - anything that looks human-ish, so it (shouldn't) get picked up by spam filters.

Within a day or two after you sending the email I'll enable your account. How fast I get around to it depends entirely on what the work/life balance is looking like.

IF YOU DONT GET A RESPONSE WITHIN A DAY OR TWO:
Forward your email to the other admins listed here: http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1381. They can all activate accounts too.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: How to create a Forum Account.

Post by Spec8472 »

Hi All,

Unfortunately I'm having to turn off Forum Registration.

The user registration system PHPbb provides is so critically flawed and thoroughly cracked by botting kits that it's unmanageable at this point in time.
The second step registration thing was apparently automated by someone's botting toolset too.

Ideally someone else can step up to the plate and take on forum management duties, and better still - actually relaunching the Sennadar site which has sat in limbo for years now.

If you're interested, and have the technical skill to manage PHPbb, Wordpress, etc - give Fel a shout.
If he OK's someone, I'm happy to turn over the keys for the sites. (Yes, I'll still keep hosting, unless someone else wants to take that on too)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Account registration is turned back on, using reCAPTCHA as the only verification step.

If you signed up and went through the old process but never recieved a verification email, you are likely one of the approx 10,000 spam accounts that just got nuked.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

i have some experience with phpbb and word press management if help is needed
but im bit rusty