When Sennadar Wiki would be up?

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

When Sennadar Wiki would be up?

Post by Shadowhawk »

What had happened to Sennadar Wiki (http://wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/)? Currently it returns error page:

Code: Select all

Warning: dir(/home/.ramal/sennadar_domain/wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/skins) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/sennadar_domain/wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/includes/Skin.php on line 23

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sennadar_domain/wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/includes/Skin.php on line 26
I'd like very much for it to return, as I have found that I have lost some bookmarks and have them present only in one of my personal subpages on Sennadar Wiki.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: When Sennadar Wiki would be up?

Post by Phantom »

Shadowhawk wrote:What had happened to Sennadar Wiki (http://wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/)? Currently it returns error page:

Code: Select all

Warning: dir(/home/.ramal/sennadar_domain/wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/skins) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/sennadar_domain/wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/includes/Skin.php on line 23

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sennadar_domain/wiki.sennadar.plebian.net/includes/Skin.php on line 26
I'd like very much for it to return, as I have found that I have lost some bookmarks and have them present only in one of my personal subpages on Sennadar Wiki.

I noticed that ALL of sennadar.plebian.net seems to be gone ....
I couldn't access the site for the past few days and didn't know why ....it was just gone ...
then i figured out why ....i needed to use........sennadar.com to get here

Wish i'd had a warning it was going away ... wonder if anyone else is having the problem i did

Phantom
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

the stuff under plebian.net is still hosted at Dreamhost. Everything under senndar.com has been migrated to the new server... Dreamhost made a change which caused plebian.net to break. It's now working again, and I'll be moving the remaining stuff over this weekend (I've got some time off from work).

I'm not sure when the wiki will come back up -- I'll see what I can do.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Spec8472 wrote:the stuff under plebian.net is still hosted at Dreamhost. Everything under senndar.com has been migrated to the new server... Dreamhost made a change which caused plebian.net to break. It's now working again, and I'll be moving the remaining stuff over this weekend (I've got some time off from work).

I'm not sure when the wiki will come back up -- I'll see what I can do.
Yea comming closer to being all back in the family again

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Wiki is now back, at least to the extent that you can get anything out of there that you need.

Unfortunately I can neither upgrade MediaWiki to it's latest release, nor get MediaWiki/Forums Authentication working at the moment.

MediaWiki refuses to upgrade itself to the latest version - instead it silently fails with no output. (And no, it's not the linux-like 'no news is good news' thing, since it's not actually touching the DB).
The Forums Authentication extension makes a bunch of wrong assumptions about where the Forums are located and, despite a bunch of prodding, for some reason is unable to load the files that are quite clearly in the directories that it's pointed at.

The only option seems to be to export all the documents and re-import on a new/clean MediaWiki install. Although that doesn't really solve the whole authentication issue (It's broken no matter what version of the mediawiki software I want to use)

So, account creation is disabled, as is anonymous editing because there's no anti-spam functionality. If you had an account before the original integration happened (way back in the mists of time) - that account should still be active.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Spec8472 wrote:Wiki is now back, at least to the extent that you can get anything out of there that you need.
Thanks a lot.

Now I can find some bookmarks that I have put in one of my personal subpages there, but seem to have... misplaced otherwise. Of course some of them got lost, but I hope that Internet Archive aka Wayback Machine has a copy, or at least I would be able to find a copy of those sites somewhere.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
TStyle
Sorcerer

Post by TStyle »

I went to the wiki to look some information up and noticed that you still cannot login with forum credentials.

Are there any plans to someday resolve the login issues so the wiki can be updated or is it considered a lost cause at this point?
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

Over at the Crystal Hall forums [Whateley Academy universe], TikiWiki had been used for the wiki, until it choked on us. Recently one of the fans said "Enough!" and started a new wiki using MediaWiki, and it appears to have been the right move at the right time; it took off, and there is now a vibrant, active, wiki for that site, and the link for the wiki has been updated at the Crystal Hall main page. I'm not the one to spearhead such an activity, but is there enough interest at this time that some worthy gentle might spearhead the creation of an active wiki? First thing that was done at Crystal Hall was to copy a bunch of the old wiki, then it kind of expanded via an active group of editors adding what caught their fancy, with a sub-team focusing on filling in red-links with at least stub entries. I tend to cruise through correcting spelling and grammar.