Think we might need a new forum around here...

General announcements about the forum and its related services.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Bartokian
Novice

Re: Think we might need a new forum around here...

Post by Bartokian »

The sorting might have been due to the copying to the new forum... If you did not select to keep the posting datum, this might happen. As far as I can remember from my Fora, the new posts will again be on the top. This kind of stuff happens when you change the forum structure after conception. Ask any programmer: most of the stupid bugs and design misconcepts can be found in the pieces of code needed to implement the functionality that was requested after the programming was started. Blame it on the customers as always :twisted:

The result now is not too bad -at least we have all the chapters of a story line in a single forum 8)
Good job!
Deeb
Sorcerer

Post by Deeb »

Here's something i was able to find

http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=3001

Adds topic time in UCP > Board preferences and viewtopic > Sort by.
Also adds Forum default to UCP > Board preferences and makes this default for all users.
Adds "Default topic list order:" to ACP > Forums > Edit forum, this might be overriden by the settings in UCP.
Adds possibility to override user sort settings in some forums.
allows you to sort the forum based on when the topic was made not the latest post, sounds perfect for what were using it for :)
-Deeb
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

no the problem is thet the first chapters of kit are marked as sticky you need to unmark them menualy

and spec if you need help with phpbb i am glad to help i opereted a few forums of phpbb
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Bartokian wrote:Ask any programmer: most of the stupid bugs and design misconcepts can be found in the pieces of code needed to implement the functionality that was requested after the programming was started. Blame it on the customers as always :twisted:
Moving posts between forums on the same board is just a matter of updating the 'forum_id' column - it doesn't involve any actual movement of data around, so sorting preferences/etc won't be affected.

I know enough about PHPbb to know that I really don't want to know more...
gnume wrote:no the problem is thet the first chapters of kit are marked as sticky

Gah, ofcourse... missed that entirely. Thanks :)
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

Spec8472 wrote:
Bartokian wrote:Ask any programmer: most of the stupid bugs and design misconcepts can be found in the pieces of code needed to implement the functionality that was requested after the programming was started. Blame it on the customers as always :twisted:
Moving posts between forums on the same board is just a matter of updating the 'forum_id' column - it doesn't involve any actual movement of data around, so sorting preferences/etc won't be affected.

I know enough about PHPbb to know that I really don't want to know more...
gnume wrote:no the problem is thet the first chapters of kit are marked as sticky

Gah, ofcourse... missed that entirely. Thanks :)
your welcome :) and don't be shy to ask fore help :)
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

there are stickies in all of the sub forums of Chapter Announcements please remove them
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

gnume wrote:there are stickies in all of the sub forums of Chapter Announcements please remove them
Send the stickies to Sheila Vulpan, she'll find...something...to do with them!
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

kd7mvs wrote:
gnume wrote:there are stickies in all of the sub forums of Chapter Announcements please remove them
Send the stickies to Sheila Vulpan, she'll find...something...to do with them!

stickies = posts that are marked as sticky