What's next: Surprise! Another Sennadar tale.

Fel
Weavespinner

Re: What's next: Surprise! Another Sennadar tale.

Post by Fel »

Mistra wrote:Sounds like an excelent story idea, btw, might we expect Amara to have some...wolf-like tendencies?
More than that.

Amara is...unique.

As you would expect, being from Dolanna's line, she has immunity to Lycanthropy.

But there's a little catch.

You see, Dolanna's son and Amara's father, Jevin, DID decide to become Were. He married Audrey, and Amara is the daughter of Jevin and Audrey. Everyone thought she'd be a Were-wolf like her parents, but the power of Tarrin's wish bred true down through her. She was born human, with the immunity to Lycanthropy.

What makes her different is that she's immune to Lycanthropy, but she has the POWERS of a Were-wolf without BEING a Were-wolf. It's a condition similar to Dolanna's unique ability to absorb the powers of a Were-kin, but not quite. Since she was born from two Were-wolves, it's as if she always has Were-wolf blood flowing in her veins, and the unique aspects of her parents and her heritage, combined with her aptitude for Sorcery, combined to give her this unique power.

And her ability to shapeshift extends slightly beyond the three base forms. She's learned how to control this power to the point where she can alter her facial features and the color of her hair, and change how she appears as both a hybrid and a wolf, but she's still locked into the three basic forms granted to Were-wolves. She's just learned how to change those basic forms. She can't change her height or her weight, but she can change her outward appearance.

This is one reason why she's in Wikuna. Wikuni are still very hostile to foreigners on their continent, but Amara can take her hybrid form and just look like any other wolf Wikuni. And since she can alter her features and the color of her hair and skin, she can "fit in" no matter where she goes. She has trouble in some places because she's unnaturally tall for a human female, about 6 feet, but in other places her height lets her fit right in.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Dang Fel, you are such a Tease...

:twisted:
avitchel
Sorcerer

Post by avitchel »

This sounds like another awesome tale. Lots of tensions, conflicts, and interpersonal relationships. The thought of technology monitored/assisted by magic is heady. Throw in the natural conservatism of established power and you automatically add layers of complexities to the politics of the regions. What about the Empress of Arak and her progeny? An enlightened demon should be very interesting to follow also. I'm really looking forward to this new story!
fear1222
Sorcerer

Post by fear1222 »

Damn you Fel!!! Feed us enough to get us interested and giddy as little girls then tell us it has not been written yet!! :D :D

Seriously it sounds like a great story and I can't wait to read it. You rock!!

BTW, any possibility of a Subjegation sequal? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

LOL
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fel wrote:
Mistra wrote:Sounds like an excelent story idea, btw, might we expect Amara to have some...wolf-like tendencies?
More than that.

Amara is...unique.

As you would expect, being from Dolanna's line, she has immunity to Lycanthropy.

But there's a little catch.

You see, Dolanna's son and Amara's father, Jevin, DID decide to become Were. He married Audrey, and Amara is the daughter of Jevin and Audrey. Everyone thought she'd be a Were-wolf like her parents, but the power of Tarrin's wish bred true down through her. She was born human, with the immunity to Lycanthropy.

What makes her different is that she's immune to Lycanthropy, but she has the POWERS of a Were-wolf without BEING a Were-wolf. It's a condition similar to Dolanna's unique ability to absorb the powers of a Were-kin, but not quite. Since she was born from two Were-wolves, it's as if she always has Were-wolf blood flowing in her veins, and the unique aspects of her parents and her heritage, combined with her aptitude for Sorcery, combined to give her this unique power.

And her ability to shapeshift extends slightly beyond the three base forms. She's learned how to control this power to the point where she can alter her facial features and the color of her hair, and change how she appears as both a hybrid and a wolf, but she's still locked into the three basic forms granted to Were-wolves. She's just learned how to change those basic forms. She can't change her height or her weight, but she can change her outward appearance.

This is one reason why she's in Wikuna. Wikuni are still very hostile to foreigners on their continent, but Amara can take her hybrid form and just look like any other wolf Wikuni. And since she can alter her features and the color of her hair and skin, she can "fit in" no matter where she goes. She has trouble in some places because she's unnaturally tall for a human female, about 6 feet, but in other places her height lets her fit right in.

Yes .....Finaly after almost 2 years Since you told us about this story and Amara on IRC your going to write it

Well i guess you were a bit busy back then I mean Demons Bane chapter 4 and Subugation chapter 12 and all that
<grins> :shock: :shock: :roll: :wink:

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

Well, I for one believe you SHOULD write this story...

and not put a single word of it on the 'net. Write it. Let one or two trusted friends proof it for you. Then submit it for publication. Sennadar will be the new Xanth and you can write little paperbook stories about it for the rest of your life and make a million dollars.

and we will be able to say, "we knew you when".

Let the flame war begin! I can take it.

MommyDoom
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

i'd agree with you MD, but i don't think Fel does, if he refuses to be paid for putting stories on the net, i don't know about publishing.
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

Hearly wrote:Dang Fel, you are such a Tease...

:twisted:
Truely, he is...
fear1222 wrote:Damn you Fel!!! Feed us enough to get us interested and giddy as little girls then tell us it has not been written yet!! :D :D
It seems that we were destined to suffer the unbearableness of anticipation. GAAHHH!! :cry:
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Charles M. Schulz
GloriousShamash
Initiate

Post by GloriousShamash »

Sounds like an outstanding concept. I can't wait to read it.

BTW, Fel didn't you say you were a Japanese language major. Perhaps you didn't read this: http://pepper.idge.net/japanese/
Mysterious
Sorcerer

Post by Mysterious »

Interesting concept indeed... :!:

It kind of correlates of how most of the western world is getting angsty about China... :? but as the old saying goes 'what comes around, goes around' 8)

I think the Wikuni and the Tellurians are going to collectively kick everybody's behind back to the Stone Age if it actually comes to General Warfare. Never underestimate the creative juices of a pissed off scientist.
You're not FAT... You're just horizontally gifted :)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I am biting my tongue and holding from saying "WHEN!?" but I cannot help my fingers.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.