Tarrin as a child. - Probable Spoilers

J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Tarrin as a child. - Probable Spoilers

Post by J-Man5 »

Was Tarrin always an entropic being? Or did he become one when he was first bitten? In other words was he born one or made into one?

J-Man5
Super C
Initiate

Re: Tarrin as a child. - Probable Spoilers

Post by Super C »

I'm assuming born one. Spyder is an entropic being too, and she wasn't bitten. Remember, the commonality they have is that they're both sui'kin.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Super C wrote:I'm assuming born one. Spyder is an entropic being too, and she wasn't bitten. Remember, the commonality they have is that they're both sui'kin.
That doesn't actually make a difference, as the other 8 or so Sui'kun aren't Mi'Shara.

I assume that becoming a Sui'kun was actually Spyder's first act of being a Mi'Shara, in that she refused to die to being Consumed, thus rewrote the rules of Niami's magic, allowing herself to live.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Lochar wrote:I assume that becoming a Sui'kun was actually Spyder's first act of being a Mi'Shara, in that she refused to die to being Consumed, thus rewrote the rules of Niami's magic, allowing herself to live.
I don't know about that... Sorcerers allow the magic to come into the world through the Weave, and according to one of the books, the birth of the new Sui'kun after the breaking allowed the high order magics to come back. So I think that the Goddess always meant to have Sui'kun, and Spyder was just the first to face it and survive.

But somewhere, I believe in either Demon's Bane or in Sword of Fire, Tarrin realizes that Spyder's Mi'Shara powers were what let her seal in Val in his icon, and not the Gods granting her the power, as she believes. So maybe that was the first time she'd had to do that? I mean, Tarrin never used his Mi'Shara powers until he was faced with Val's power on the route through Ungardt, even during all his rages and battles. And then really during the battle before he used the Firestaff. But even then, he didn't understand like he does now. It'll be interesting to see what Tarrin is capable of now that he truly understands what he is.
Lunchbox
Initiate

Post by Lunchbox »

I believe that Lochar is correct, in that Spyder was the first Sui'kun because of being a Mi'Shara. And correct me if i am wrong, but wasnt the Goddess of magic not very strong until Spyder became a Sui'Kun?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Spyder was a regular Sorcerer until she faced being consumed. When that happened, she rewrote the magical laws, binding herself to a conduit so that all that magical power had an outlet. It also had the effect of strengthening the weave, since she released a lot of held in magic directly into a conduit.

Sound good?

Support my brother.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Ok. So that was Spyder. Do you think that Tarrin was entropic at birth. And did this effect any thing to him before he was changed?

Did the Firestaff impart more Entropy to Tarrin when he used it?

J-Man5
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

J-Man5 wrote:Ok. So that was Spyder. Do you think that Tarrin was entropic at birth. And did this effect any thing to him before he was changed?

Did the Firestaff impart more Entropy to Tarrin when he used it?

J-Man5
Tarrin was born an Entropic. Technically, being turned Were made him more towards the Balance side of the equation, since as a were he is a protector of the land.

And no, the Firestaff didn't impart more Entropy/energy/etc. to Tarrin when he used it, if you read during his fight with Val, it said their powers were equal.

Support my brother.