WOW!!!

kaas
Novice

WOW!!!

Post by kaas »

a friend of mine recommended me to read a few books. he told me they were quite good- what an understatement!
i have been reading the last 4 days with hardly a break for sleep ( sickness does have its uses:) and just finished the last chapter published on this board. i have only one word for the author: absolutely, absolutely magnificent and astonishing work!

ok, ok, that was more than a word, so sue me :)

thank you,

kaas
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Re: WOW!!!

Post by MommyDoom »

... he he he.  Another addict joins the fold.

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Yeah, now all we have to do is wait for the next shot... ;)
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Tylhandras
Initiate

Post by Tylhandras »

Patience my dear friend.  Fel said the release would be somtime this week.  I figure thursday or friday is when he'll give up the next chapter.

Kaas, what books have you read?  Was it just the Tarrin & Co. plot line, or have you read everything else that Fel has written to date?
qhitch
Initiate

Post by qhitch »

He he, I remember my reading stretch was something similar, I finished Tarrin's tale in about four days of bleary-eyed sleeplessness =) It's plain amazing the stories Fel writes :-)
canisd
Weavespinner

Post by canisd »

Yeah it is hard to put this story down. My strech was a week but then I had college classes at the time so I also needed my sleep
D'ni botsahv prehniv

The ending has not yet been written
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

I think I read them all in ten days... But Im a rather slow reader compared to most other readers, because I memorise everything I read. Then there was the fact that I was trying to recover a few months worth of too little sleep, and that I had school for a few of those days...

Of course, trying to recover sleep, and concentrate on school became a lost cause after I came to the third or so chapter.. ;D ;)
Griever
Novice

Post by Griever »

Me, I did something extremely foolish ... I went on the reading binge like so many of you guys, yes ... but since I came upon these books some week or so before my maths and cs finals ... umm ... it's not something I'm particularly proud of, the way this turned out I mean. Now I have to re-take those two sometime within a year. Talk about focusing on the wrong thing. :-/
were you perchance expecting to find something profound here?
qhitch
Initiate

Post by qhitch »

griever wrote:Me, I did something extremely foolish ... I went on the reading binge like so many of you guys, yes ... but since I came upon these books some week or so before my maths and cs finals ... umm ... it's not something I'm particularly proud of, the way this turned out I mean. Now I have to re-take those two sometime within a year. Talk about focusing on the wrong thing. :-/
We have the same problems =) The things I do are the things that I'm not 'supposed' to ;-)
School Fel

Post by School Fel »

I'm writing as we speak, between classes.

I'm about to page 12 or so.

Midterms...ugh, let's not even go there.  But I'm getting the last one out of the way in about 4 hours.

See, I got smart-like.  I put the chapter on a floppy and now I'm working on it in the dead time between classes, when I SHOULD be studying.

See, you guys lose sleep reading, I endanger my grades by writing. ;)
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Well, you could always publish what you write, and live of the income from that. You're good enough for that, you know. (And I know you know, after all, we've been over this before...)
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

griever wrote:Me, I did something extremely foolish ... I went on the reading binge like so many of you guys, yes ... but since I came upon these books some week or so before my maths and cs finals ... umm ... it's not something I'm particularly proud of, the way this turned out I mean. Now I have to re-take those two sometime within a year. Talk about focusing on the wrong thing. :-/
I call that my curse. When I have a good book, I can't stop reading it! I do it often. That reminds me I shouldn't of picked up that latest book... Doh! End of Year Exams in a Week!!! :o Perhaps I'll have to put the book down :'( !
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!