Wierd Science and Technology

Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Wierd Science and Technology

Post by Mad Monk »

Well, since at least part of Fel's work is Science fiction, why not have a cool Gadgets thread?

I'll start with this device: The Nasa "Puffin" personal transporter

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/01/nasa-puffin/
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
nicolai
Da'Shar

Re: Wierd Science and Technology

Post by nicolai »

It looks intriguing, but it has the same problem that all tail-standers have: it'll be a first class bitch to land. With some decent range, though (more than the current 50 miles), I just might be interested.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

nicolai wrote:It looks intriguing, but it has the same problem that all tail-standers have: it'll be a first class bitch to land. With some decent range, though (more than the current 50 miles), I just might be interested.
true that!

Ok MM. more in the line of amazing useless innovations da da! http://weburbanist.com/2009/09/29/alarm ... rm-clocks/
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

nicolai wrote:It looks intriguing, but it has the same problem that all tail-standers have: it'll be a first class bitch to land.
Well, technically unstabble aircraft are a first bitch to fly too - which is why the pilots don't do so. That's what flight computers are for! :wink: Radar ranging systems are cheap enough to be fitted to cars now. If it ever gets built, landing may be as simple as pressing the 'stop' button.
I is an certified nut