DragonStar?

Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: DragonStar?

Post by Phantom »

Fiferguy wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:Here's a 6hr 30min (you've gotta run that Parasite Quest game I guess) ban, go sit in the corner and think about that a bit more :P
LOL. It's going kinda slow right now anyway. I needed to cause trouble. You know me. :twisted:
A yup ...and even Armorplated Tin Foil can help you at the times when you cause trouble like this one...<smirk>

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

Fel wrote:Jasana was the main villain in the story in that she was leading a group of Druids, Sorcerers, and Wizards in the attacks against Wikuna, and the event for which Eron had been born was to be written in as the climax of the story, when Jasana finally met her reckoning...in her own father, when her duplicity was finally uncovered and the katzh-dashi was forced to put a stop to it directly. And the only one that could stop Jasana is Tarrin.

Jasana could have destroyed the world, but the reason Tarrin wasn't told about how it was to come about was because he is the one that pushes her to that point.

It seemed a great idea for a story, but like I said, when I started writing chapter 2 and I introduced Tarrin in a cameo role (he showed up to fix Amara's necklace), it just didn't feel right. And so, I let the story drop, re-engineered the main concept of the story, and applied it to the Walker series.

I guess since it took me some 18 years to write the Sennadar and Pyrosian stories, I just don't have the heart to go back there. It's almost like a holy place now, an inviolate sanctuary whose threshold I must not cross.
I just finished re-reading the Sennadar stories, all of them.

A thought on Legacy. You could make it a short(er) story, and make Amara the primary character with the story being Keritanima's return to sanity. Something in the three to eight chapter range. Limit the old core family to background and cameos. Just bring them in for the reunion when Kerri recovers, and then just as family celebrating.

What you introduced in Legacy needs to be completed, Fel. It really does. I can't stand the thought of Keritanima being left in that state. She's real to me, and it's an abomination to leave her like that.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Omegano
Initiate

Post by Omegano »

Normally I don't ask, prod, beg, whatever, but in this case I think I should voice my opinion. I have to agree with Nicolai on this one. When you said that you weren't going to continue Legacy, my very first thought was "What about Kerri?" Leaving her in that state left me feeling... for lack of a better term, depressed. I understand the need to turn the original idea into a different story, but the loose end you left with Kerri has been something that has been bugging me this entire time, and I really hope it will be tied up. Preferably in a good way...

Omegano
Go ahead. Ask me any question, but if it needs logic or intelligence, you will want to ask that brain thingie that lives in in my head instead.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I guess I could probably do something along those lines, but it won't be high on the list of priorities.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Fel wrote:I guess I could probably do something along those lines, but it won't be high on the list of priorities.
Good news. In truth hearing that you are planning more stories/plots/sequels is always very good news :D
Are you having time to write some or is RL still being a &!7£#?
Orinks
Talent

Post by Orinks »

I just hope shadow Walker's chapters 12, 13, 14 etc come out soon. I've been enjoying that and have also re-read the Subjugation series looking forward to Tribulation.

Also, Fel said that he was sorry that shadow Walker chapter 11 was late. When was it supposed to go up in the first place?

Thanks.
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Fel wrote:I guess I could probably do something along those lines, but it won't be high on the list of priorities.
Hope is restored! :D

I was rather worried that Kerri would join the ranks of those left insane by authors who got bored with their story lines... :cry:

-DigitalMaestro
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

If thou wishest to be shorted by a head, than continue to attempt to distract Fel from comencing Tribulation!! :twisted: :evil:
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Wolfee wrote:If thou wishest to be shorted by a head, than continue to attempt to distract Fel from comencing Tribulation!! :twisted: :evil:
Don't worry, I'm way more interested by Tribulation than this fix, but it too needs to be on the list.

-DigitalMaestro
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

I too was distressed to read about Kerri in that kind of condition. I guess it does say a lot about Fel's writing that we can identify so much with the characters. I did feel like it was right to leave her in such a state. Even one more chapter just kinda fixing her would bring rest to my heart.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Wiz
Novice

Post by Wiz »

afrigeek wrote:I too was distressed to read about Kerri in that kind of condition. I guess it does say a lot about Fel's writing that we can identify so much with the characters. I did feel like it was right to leave her in such a state. Even one more chapter just kinda fixing her would bring rest to my heart.
It might be better to just leave it like it is. I could see Fel having her descend deeper into insanity then having a brief moment of realization of what she has become and killing herself. :evil:
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

DigitalMaestro wrote:
Wolfee wrote:If thou wishest to be shorted by a head, than continue to attempt to distract Fel from comencing Tribulation!! :twisted: :evil:
Don't worry, I'm way more interested by Tribulation than this fix, but it too needs to be on the list.

-DigitalMaestro

Dittos the above.

First things first , but yeah it would be kinda have no closure , if you didn't do so.
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

I appreciate that, Fel. My profound thanks.

And having this little story waiting will give you something when you need a break from the major works. :wink:
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

nicolai wrote:....
And having this little story waiting will give you something when you need a break from the major works. :wink:
If I am not mistaken that's how Kit's story got started, and look where it's gone now. It will probably be side by side with the Sennadar universe in size when it's all done and told (at least I am hoping so ).