DragonStar?

Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: DragonStar?

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Kit will probably be continued as well...as the 9 pages I've written into chapter 42 when I was bored at work can attest.

But as of right now, Kit has a very low priority. I want to at least get 3-4 more chapters of Shadow Walker done, then I'll probably shelve it AT A NON-CLIFFHANGER POINT so I can work out the end of the book (which will be complicated) and write some Tribulation.
To me, it feels like Kit is already two books and could easily be split. The first probably after the wedding, the second after the birth.

That'd bring it back to around 20 chapters per book (I think).
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Fel wrote:I started with Legacy thinking that it might be fun to write further into the Sennadar series, but about halfway through the second chapter I realized that it was best to leave things there be, when I introduced Tarrin in the second chapter. It just...didn't feel right. I took the plot idea behind Legacy, technology clashing with magic, and I used it for the Walker series. The Wikuni became the humans, and the humans became the Arcans, at least from the standpoint of who was on which side.
With up to ten godlike beings wandering about Sennadar and a conspiracy to get rid of them all having nearly succeeded once before, it makes an enemy's life difficult. Unless the druids all go to war with the sorcerers: not likely. Now on Pyrosia... there some of the gods could plot to try to overthrow Elder God Tarrin, introducing a whole bunch of new characters and maybe featuring Jasana's big mistake...

Wherever the muse leads you I'll be happy.
Fel wrote:Tribulation WILL be written. In fact, I've been backreading the Subjugation series and starting to plan out the first few chapters. I'm looking forward to writing it so much, I might even break away from finishing Shadow Walker to do it...if only to give me more time to plan out the end of Shadow Walker.
Yey!
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Actually, the druids can't all go to war against the sorcerers as some of the latter are druids themselves. As for the idea of the gods on pyrosia trying to get rid of elder god Tarrin, that is also extremely unlikely. If god Tarrin occupies the position in Pyrosia that Ayise occupies in Sennadar meaning he is the fountain of life on that world, then it means that since they are not firestaff gods, he can simply recall the life those younger gods have the way Ayise can do to any of the other younger or elder gods in Sennadar.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Now as for continuing Tribulation.... I am hopping around with anticipation. It is well due for another installment of Jason's adventures.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

afrigeek wrote:Actually, the druids can't all go to war against the sorcerers as some of the latter are druids themselves. As for the idea of the gods on pyrosia trying to get rid of elder god Tarrin, that is also extremely unlikely. If god Tarrin occupies the position in Pyrosia that Ayise occupies in Sennadar meaning he is the fountain of life on that world, then it means that since they are not firestaff gods, he can simply recall the life those younger gods have the way Ayise can do to any of the other younger or elder gods in Sennadar.
Yep. Plus on Sennadar the Druids were actively defending the weave.

When I was dreaming up possibilities for Pryrosia I was thinking that that some Firestaff remnant or similar local artifact could be involved.

Personally, I'm in two minds as to if anything more should be said about these worlds. They have a very complete feeling at the moment, it was nice to see a glimpse of the future in Legacy but there is a potential issue with the immense powers now involved and potential retreading of similar ideas.

"Always leave them wanting more," they say.

(Who says? Why the the little voices in my head that tell what to do, what to eat and buy, who to not burn and who to give money to every month.)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Hummm Decisions ... Decisions

Ok I'm Ready and waiting for the next Episode of ...."Pilots Gone Wild"

Now where did i put that new roll of Tin Foil ?
Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Phantom wrote:Ok I'm Ready and waiting for the next Episode of ...."Pilots Gone Wild"

Now where did i put that new roll of Tin Foil ?
Phantom
Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

expedient wrote:With up to ten godlike beings wandering about Sennadar and a conspiracy to get rid of them all having nearly succeeded once before, it makes an enemy's life difficult. Unless the druids all go to war with the sorcerers: not likely. Now on Pyrosia... there some of the gods could plot to try to overthrow Elder God Tarrin, introducing a whole bunch of new characters and maybe featuring Jasana's big mistake...
Actually, the main thrust of Legacy wasn't going to be the druids against the Sorcerers or any attempt by the gods to banish Tarrin, the plot would revolve around the Wikuni getting embroiled in a war against magicians who feared their technology.

Jasana was the main villain in the story in that she was leading a group of Druids, Sorcerers, and Wizards in the attacks against Wikuna, and the event for which Eron had been born was to be written in as the climax of the story, when Jasana finally met her reckoning...in her own father, when her duplicity was finally uncovered and the katzh-dashi was forced to put a stop to it directly. And the only one that could stop Jasana is Tarrin.

Jasana could have destroyed the world, but the reason Tarrin wasn't told about how it was to come about was because he is the one that pushes her to that point.

It seemed a great idea for a story, but like I said, when I started writing chapter 2 and I introduced Tarrin in a cameo role (he showed up to fix Amara's necklace), it just didn't feel right. And so, I let the story drop, re-engineered the main concept of the story, and applied it to the Walker series.

I guess since it took me some 18 years to write the Sennadar and Pyrosian stories, I just don't have the heart to go back there. It's almost like a holy place now, an inviolate sanctuary whose threshold I must not cross.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Fel wrote:
I guess since it took me some 18 years to write the Sennadar and Pyrosian stories, I just don't have the heart to go back there. It's almost like a holy place now, an inviolate sanctuary whose threshold I must not cross.
I ALMOST feel that way. How about a prequel? Stories on...
The Blood War,
The Ancients,
the rise of the three(?) species (i.e. the pre Shakar empire
, humans, goblinoids. /me dosn't remember where the dwarves/gnomes came into being.) ,
The origination of the Katzh-dashi,
The story of Spider,
The origination of Fara Nae and the Selani,
The origination of Kikali and the wikuni...

A lot of stories could be written in the universe without hindering the Tarrin Kael legacy.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Fel wrote: Jasana was the main villain in the story in that she was leading a group of Druids, Sorcerers, and Wizards in the attacks against Wikuna, and the event for which Eron had been born was to be written in as the climax of the story, when Jasana finally met her reckoning...in her own father, when her duplicity was finally uncovered and the katzh-dashi was forced to put a stop to it directly. And the only one that could stop Jasana is Tarrin.

Jasana could have destroyed the world, but the reason Tarrin wasn't told about how it was to come about was because he is the one that pushes her to that point.
Hmm, that is strange. I would have thought that the same gods who do everything to keep the world safe and thus were always afraid of divine powers clashing in the mortal world, would step in if Jasana really became a threat to the world, the way the goddess withheld the weave from Spyder and Tarrin in their little contest when she felt they were taking it too far and I bet Ayise could do the same with the ALL to deny her druidic powers not to mention the fact that anything Jasana tried on that level with druidic power would probably kill her.

Not to doubt the great author but I have always felt like Jasana was overrated. Yes she is a super powerful sorcerer though probably not at Spyder's level, and a powerful Druid, but I always thought that there are any number of people who could handle her if things really got tough. For example Triana most likely exceeds her in druidic power and thus could withhold the weave from her and also simultaneously block her druidic power. Sapphire should also be able to do the same quite easily. I figured with the likes of Spyder, Tarrin, Sapphire, and probably a number of other dragons like that red that Tarrin fought to get the firestaff, that there was really no need for entropy to spin out a Mishara just to deal with Jasana.

expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

afrigeek wrote:Not to doubt the great author but I have always felt like Jasana was overrated. Yes she is a super powerful sorcerer though probably not at Spyder's level, and a powerful Druid, but I always thought that there are any number of people who could handle her if things really got tough. For example Triana most likely exceeds her in druidic power and thus could withhold the weave from her and also simultaneously block her druidic power. Sapphire should also be able to do the same quite easily. I figured with the likes of Spyder, Tarrin, Sapphire, and probably a number of other dragons like that red that Tarrin fought to get the firestaff, that there was really no need for entropy to spin out a Mishara just to deal with Jasana.
She could counter drudic powers with necromancy or maybe she became a techno-mage?

Well no matter, we'd never have Kyven and the Shadow Fox Spirit if Fel hadn't changed his mind...
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

I guess this thread died a lonely death. No responses in almost a week. :|
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:I haven't even dug my hands wrist deep into my box of evil.
Ain't skeered... bring it on! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:Ain't skeered... bring it on! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Don't provoke the Fel, no need to invoke more cliffhangers.
Here's a 6hr 30min (you've gotta run that Parasite Quest game I guess) ban, go sit in the corner and think about that a bit more :P
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Spec8472 wrote:Here's a 6hr 30min (you've gotta run that Parasite Quest game I guess) ban, go sit in the corner and think about that a bit more :P
LOL. It's going kinda slow right now anyway. I needed to cause trouble. You know me. :twisted: