DragonStar?

Orinks
Talent

DragonStar?

Post by Orinks »

Hi all,

I did send Fel an email about this, but just in case the email on the about page was wrong or he doesn't check it anymore, I'll ask here.

I was at sennadar.com/oldsite and I read Chapter 1 of DragonStar, which seems to be about battlemechs. Sweet but where's the other 19 chapters it apparently was supposed to have?

I'm in the middle of Demon's Bane and loving it, probably the best Sennadar book in the whole thing, with the most action, (well I don't know about that actually), but it grabbed me more quickly than the others had,but tis DragonStar thing is interesting.

I saw something on there called Alpha Project, didn't look at that, but it does sound cool and scifi, whatever it is. I'm guessing DragonStar's sequel?

Also, has Tribulation, the fourth book in the Subjugation universe, been started? Waiting on that one.

Also do any of you guys know that Fel is now on Goodreads? Someone is adding his books, but when I go and update my status on which page I'm on, it just says "I'm on page 1 of however many pages, which goodreads doesn't know how many pages, say, Demon's Bane has. Wonder if it'd be possible to fix this.

Well, I guess that's enough for one post.

Later.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: DragonStar?

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote a single chapter for each of Dragon Star, Alpha Project and Subjugation during a break between books (I believe before starting Demons Bane). Subjugation was the only book of those three to make it beyond that first chapter. Some of the concepts and ideas from each have since been worked into other stories.

As for Tribulation - not sure what book you're referring to - the Fourth in The Firestaff Collection was The Shadow Realm. There's only three books in the Pyrosian Chronicles, the last being Demons Bane.

Legacy was set in the Sennadar Universe. It's not really a sequel though. That hasn't continued past the first chapter, and from the sounds of it, it probably won't.

Not sure who's put the information up on goodreads. Page numbers in most electronic formats are arbitrary though anyway and I'm not sure how you can say how many pages a book is. Fonts, margins, and screen sizes serve to alter page sizes for each reader.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Those who send me email know that sometimes it can take me WEEKS to respond, so I'll just respond here. Me and email do not get along, and I usually have like 1,200 messages piled up when I get around to it. ;)

Spec more or less summed it up.

Dragon Star and Alpha Project were 1-chapter "tests" that I played with between books. I may decide to go somewhere with them or I may not. The Fox and the Hawk and Draconian Measures WILL be further written. The Fox and the Hawk will be fleshed out more when I finally get off my butt and find my old AD&D material so I can write out Fox the Wanderer's clash with the Lords of Waterdeep faithfully, not making @$%! up. Draconian Measures, well, that has low priority. Some day when I'm suffering writer's block and need a break, I'll write the next chapter.

I started with Legacy thinking that it might be fun to write further into the Sennadar series, but about halfway through the second chapter I realized that it was best to leave things there be, when I introduced Tarrin in the second chapter. It just...didn't feel right. I took the plot idea behind Legacy, technology clashing with magic, and I used it for the Walker series. The Wikuni became the humans, and the humans became the Arcans, at least from the standpoint of who was on which side.

Tribulation WILL be written. In fact, I've been backreading the Subjugation series and starting to plan out the first few chapters. I'm looking forward to writing it so much, I might even break away from finishing Shadow Walker to do it...if only to give me more time to plan out the end of Shadow Walker.

So there, there's the plan for 2010. Enjoy. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Fel has spoken!

Much as a I was intrigued by Legacy, I can see where it might have gotten a little weird. Tarrin was getting a little too powerful for the storyline to continue further without the "overcoming every obstacle in an impossible fashion against all logic" syndrome that teenage authors often suffer from. O well...

However, I can't wait for Tribulation! Subjugation was the story that got me reading Fel's work. I was researching wormholes for a school project and found a chapter mid-story. Read a little, sent myself a link, and here I am, a bona-fide addict to all of Fel's stories...

Looking forward to the next installations (of all of the stories)!
-DigitalMaestro
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

Congratulations to your 1000'th post Fel !!! :D

And I will be looking foreward to anything you write .... If it isn't soon I'll come and spank ya :twisted:
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

heh I can see Fel's Devious mind at work, he'll post a walker chapter leaving it at some major Cliff hanger, then post the first chapter of Tribulation with like maybe 1 Million Missles flying in at jason, and leave that at a cliff hanger, and say ok thats all until June.....

:evil:
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Hearly wrote:heh I can see Fel's Devious mind at work, he'll post a walker chapter leaving it at some major Cliff hanger, then post the first chapter of Tribulation with like maybe 1 Million Missles flying in at jason, and leave that at a cliff hanger, and say ok thats all until June.....
If anything remotely similar to this should happen, we shall hunt you down for giving Fel nasty ideas and show you a few of our own ides of torture... :twisted:

-DigitalMaestro
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

DigitalMaestro wrote: If anything remotely similar to this should happen, we shall hunt you down for giving Fel nasty ideas and show you a few of our own ides of torture... :twisted:

-DigitalMaestro

Pfft, Fel doesn't need me to come up with Nasty Idea's, I mean he invented them..
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

DigitalMaestro wrote:
Hearly wrote:heh I can see Fel's Devious mind at work, he'll post a walker chapter leaving it at some major Cliff hanger, then post the first chapter of Tribulation with like maybe 1 Million Missles flying in at jason, and leave that at a cliff hanger, and say ok thats all until June.....
If anything remotely similar to this should happen, we shall hunt you down for giving Fel nasty ideas and show you a few of our own ides of torture... :twisted:

-DigitalMaestro
I haven't even dug my hands wrist deep into my box of evil.

And I doubt there's anything you've thought of that I haven't already considered. ;)
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Fel wrote:I haven't even dug my hands wrist deep into my box of evil.
Precisely why we don't want anyone giving you reminders of such nefarious acts...

-DigitalMaestro
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

I realize that I'm a minority of one, but my vote would be to see Kit's story continued. Tribulation would be second. Walker and Draconian are good, but not up to the other two. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just expressing my opinion.

Nicolai
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

yay! Tribulation is up next to bat!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

nicolai wrote:I realize that I'm a minority of one, but my vote would be to see Kit's story continued. Tribulation would be second. Walker and Draconian are good, but not up to the other two. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just expressing my opinion.

Nicolai
Kit will probably be continued as well...as the 9 pages I've written into chapter 42 when I was bored at work can attest.

But as of right now, Kit has a very low priority. I want to at least get 3-4 more chapters of Shadow Walker done, then I'll probably shelve it AT A NON-CLIFFHANGER POINT so I can work out the end of the book (which will be complicated) and write some Tribulation.

Now that I'll cliffhanger before I move on to something else, if only because I have a fairly significant quota of evil this year, and I need to get started on it.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fel wrote:
Kit will probably be continued as well...as the 9 pages I've written into chapter 42 when I was bored at work can attest.

But as of right now, Kit has a very low priority. I want to at least get 3-4 more chapters of Shadow Walker done, then I'll probably shelve it AT A NON-CLIFFHANGER POINT so I can work out the end of the book (which will be complicated) and write some Tribulation.

Now that I'll cliffhanger before I move on to something else, if only because I have a fairly significant quota of evil this year, and I need to get started on it.
Not again... hopes build up and then FEL is back to his old tricks with big cliffhangers and left me dangling. Picturing in my mind all the possibilities.

He already has bag load of evil... I don't think we should incite him to bring out his truckload of cliffhangers like Kyven somehow got stuck in the Shadowworld and the Shadow Fox just stood there laughing...................

PS... I already counting to half a year for the continuation of the Subjugation series.... Tribulation. :D :)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

Fel wrote:Kit will probably be continued as well...as the 9 pages I've written into chapter 42 when I was bored at work can attest.
Thanks, Fel. :D

Nicolai
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."