Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Without spoiling it, the movie was definitely worth $9. Not Cameron's best movie (Both Terminator and Titanic had much better plots), but the effects were absolutely amazing, and the story and plotline were good enough to make me not leave to go pee and hold it for a good 45 minutes. I could even mostly see it in 3D, and I basically can't see out of my right eye...which kinda screws up 3D effect movies for me. I had a few issues of blurring and it gave me a headache for the first half hour or so, but I adjusted and was able to see the rest of the movie comfortably.

Anyway, I should be done with the next chapter by either Monday or Tuesday, depending on how exhausted I am when I get back from work in the morning.

Later.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Mac The Knife
Sorcerer

Re: Avatar and update.

Post by Mac The Knife »

Thanks for the update.
www.gearrings.weebly.com
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

Just take care m8
happy holidays

ham
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Thanks for the updates, and movie teaser. I've been looking forward to seeing Avatar from a Technical perspective for a while.
wolfy
Initiate

Post by wolfy »

Agreed, the plot wasn't the best, basically a mishmash of all the plots of Cameron's other movies... However that said the picture/special affect/the visual symphony on display to the viewer was FanFuck'ntasic!!!!! I mean this movie was absolutely BEAUTIFL as in Holy COW WOW is that gorgeous or WHAT?
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I got told pretty much the same thinhs about Avatar, I will probably go see it at the theatre as it looks like one of those movies that it's not really worth watching at home.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I suppose because I find most 3D movies boring, I walked into the theatre somewhat prejudiced - but for me, although the special effects were good, I was BORED!

The plot was --- umm, was there really a plot?

Sorry, but Fel writes an plot that is a 'H-E-double-hockey-sticks' of lot better than that was.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

The plot was a bit uninspired and predictable, but not unwatchable, especially compared to most of the latest products that Hollywood shoots out.
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Post by Journeywoman »

So very, very pretty!
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

One of the snarky comments I saw today that made me smile was that it was like 'Dances with Smurfs'
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Spec8472 wrote:One of the snarky comments I saw today that made me smile was that it was like 'Dances with Smurfs'
3 meter tall smurfs that shoot arrows the size of spears and ride gigantic carnivorous flying turkeys.

It's surprising to me that I'm STILL thinking about the movie even though it's been 4 days since I saw it.

I'm not thinking about the plot, I've been thinking about the truly stunning visuals and to a lesser degree the main characters. Despite the bland plot, the main characters were actually very well developed. And the visual effects of the movie were just...WOW.

I intend to go see it again, if only to fully take in and appreciate it. A movie like this, you really need to see it a second time to start looking for those little things you didn't notice the first time around.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Ledsmith
Sorcerer

Post by Ledsmith »

On the topic on 3D movies and eye problems, I have had recent eye surgery to repair a detached retna. Side affect is that I have to concentrate a bit to elliminate double vision. I have not yet gone to see a 3d movie since the operation. Is it possible to watch a non-3d version?
Mac The Knife
Sorcerer

Post by Mac The Knife »

One of my local theaters is advertising both Avatar, and Avatar 3d. Since I have no vision at all in my left eye, I'll be checking out the mono version.
www.gearrings.weebly.com
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Ledsmith wrote:On the topic on 3D movies and eye problems, I have had recent eye surgery to repair a detached retna. Side affect is that I have to concentrate a bit to elliminate double vision. I have not yet gone to see a 3d movie since the operation. Is it possible to watch a non-3d version?
Unfortunately almost every 3D movies spends a good portion of the time displaying 3D effects that fall completely flat if seen in only two dimensions. The tendency of movie producers to 'waste time' doing that is one of the reasons I dislike 3D movies.

(Just to explain, my daughter and son-in-law are movie reviewers, so I have the opportunity to see a lot of movies and have seen both 3D and 2D versions of several of them. I go along to be with my family, especially my grandkids - in fact that's the only reason I saw 'Avatar.')

Oh, and personally I would not describe 'Avatar' as 'Dances with Smurfs' since that implies it was as good as 'Dances with Wolves' and it wasn't! Instead I'd call it something like 'Flip-Flop and Fly With the Jolly Green Giant.' :roll:
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

GBLW wrote:
Ledsmith wrote:On the topic on 3D movies and eye problems, I have had recent eye surgery to repair a detached retna. Side affect is that I have to concentrate a bit to elliminate double vision. I have not yet gone to see a 3d movie since the operation. Is it possible to watch a non-3d version?
Unfortunately almost every 3D movies spends a good portion of the time displaying 3D effects that fall completely flat if seen in only two dimensions. The tendency of movie producers to 'waste time' doing that is one of the reasons I dislike 3D movies.

(Just to explain, my daughter and son-in-law are movie reviewers, so I have the opportunity to see a lot of movies and have seen both 3D and 2D versions of several of them. I go along to be with my family, especially my grandkids - in fact that's the only reason I saw 'Avatar.')

Oh, and personally I would not describe 'Avatar' as 'Dances with Smurfs' since that implies it was as good as 'Dances with Wolves' and it wasn't! Instead I'd call it something like 'Flip-Flop and Fly With the Jolly Green Giant.' :roll:
LOL love that comment!!