Parasite Quest

User avatar
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: Kidarn Mountains of Dolaria
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Fiferguy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:06 am

Mouse #3 scampers around the open wall looking for anything that might make it easier to get to the smell.

User avatar
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: The center of American corruption.
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Lochar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Going around the edges, there is a pipe of some sort that juts out, and can be used to into the open wall.

The three mice go down, looking for the food smell. Nosing into it, there is a half circle of what appears to be the food thing you all remember, mixed in with other things.

The three mice barely make a dent in it before filling up full, both in stomach and biomass.

However, they are still thirsty and there isn't a nearby source of water.

Behind them, there is a shifting in the other things in the open wall. Something is moving around the stuff.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com

User avatar
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: Kidarn Mountains of Dolaria
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Fiferguy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Mouse #3 sniffs carefully, trying to determine the danger of the movement. He also searches his body's instinctive memory for any clues as to this new event.

User avatar
Greymist
Weavespinner
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:56 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Greymist » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Feeling the energy available to it and an...incompleteness of body the mouse splits its attention, urging growth where there was none. //Actually how long does it take to make changes to the body? Hours/days?

That done it scrabbles back up the pipe to the top of the wall, looking down at what else is with them and the food.

User avatar
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: The center of American corruption.
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Lochar » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:03 am

//Depends on the change. More energy devoted to the change quickens changes as well. If you want to devote all of your collected biomass to fixing your brain, it'll be about ten minutes.

One mouse urges growth, burning biomass to convert to energy for the growth. Meanwhile, it scoots out of the open wall.

Meanwhile, another mouse looks towards the movement and sees gray fur and milk white eyes in the corner. Another creature, many times larger than youself, yet much smaller than the big creature that brought you here. Like yourselves, this one is on four legs and has a tail swishing in the air. It sniffs curiously towards the mice still in the open wall.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com

User avatar
hawkstarr
Initiate
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by hawkstarr » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:02 am

The first mouse, belly full, looks about after it's meal. Then squeaks startled at the new shape. So intent on it's feeding that it didn't know of the newcomers approach. it slowly backs away, looking for an escape route.

Virus: Somehow knowing that the mouse is damaged, it begins repair of the affected areas, while examining any new DNA from the recently consumed food. (assuming that the virus is intelligent enough to do this.)
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of leaves that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: The center of American corruption.
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Lochar » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:31 pm

The creature startles and looks towards the squeak, milky white eyes unfocused. There exists an escape route, the same one that took you down into the open wall.

//Yes, you know enough to look at food eaten. Unfortunately, you can't take the DNA from no longer living things. Although you think the part of the cheese pizza you ate was good. :)

//Are all three of you escaping the creature?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com

User avatar
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: Kidarn Mountains of Dolaria
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Fiferguy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:10 am

Mouse #3 also begins to repair it's body. However, its curiosity is great, and it continues to study the creature before it, while still being ready to flee at a moment's notice. What else does Mouse #3 notice about the creature?

User avatar
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: The center of American corruption.
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Lochar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:18 am

//Sorry, limited internet.

Mouse 3 stays behind, while the other two scramble up the way out of the open wall. The creature has gray fur, and it's head is about the same size as each mouse. An odd sound issues from it, an almost questioning hissing. It strikes something instinctive in the mouses body, and the regrowing neurons of it's brain fire quick messages of panic. This is a predator.

Although... it doesn't move even while looking at the place it last heard the squeak.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com

User avatar
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: Kidarn Mountains of Dolaria
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Fiferguy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:31 am

Still ready to flee at the slightest provocation, the third mouse continues to look at the predator, wondering why it hasn't attacked. It squeaks, then silently and quickly moves as far toward the escape as he can from where he squeaked, to see the reaction of the animal.

User avatar
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: The center of American corruption.
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Lochar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:02 am

The predator shakily jumps towards the sound, nearly catching it's prey. This close, it's ears twitch as it turns and jumps again at the sounds of movement of the mouse trying to escape. A second jump nearly ends the life of the mouse, before the predator loses the sound of it's prey, and looks around, milky white eyes unfocused.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com

User avatar
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: Kidarn Mountains of Dolaria
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Fiferguy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:10 am

The third mouse, panting heavily from narrowly escaping death, studies the predator before it silently, wondering if it is close to death, or if there was a safe way to eat part of it. The mouse realizes that size matters, though, and so it sits quietly, studying its new-found prey.

User avatar
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: The center of American corruption.
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Lochar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:21 am

Closer, extremely quiet, study shows several scars and old wounds on it. While there doesn't appear to be a chance of it falling over dead any time soon, it does seem to be frailer than it should be.

//Remember, eating part of it only gives you the DNA for that part of it.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com

User avatar
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: Kidarn Mountains of Dolaria
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Fiferguy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:24 am

//What about size? For instance, would I be able to eat part of it and grow larger, assuming I had the biomass? My main problem at this juncture is how to kill a creature 5 times my size without dying myself. The only reason I want to eat it is to grow bigger.

User avatar
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: The center of American corruption.
Contact:

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Lochar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:05 am

//Size increases can be done without eating something larger. You're just enlarging your own parts already. That's nothing new to your body.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com

Locked