Parasite Quest

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Parasite Quest

Post by Lochar »

Note by Spec8472: This thread is for a Role Playing Game being run by Lochar. Only OK'ed participants should post/respond in here. Greymist Fiferguy, and Hawkstarr are current players. Non-Game discussion and more information in the Discussion thread.

One of the big creatures from the other place set down the moving wire room, opening a side of it. Shaking the room a bit, the big creature backs away and walks out of sight.

Besides yourself, there are nine other of your kind in the room. Two of them you can feel some sort of connection to. The other seven you do not, and they still calmly feed.

Outside the room of wire, there are three tall walls, one of them different looking from the others. The way the big creature went is lots more light.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
hawkstarr
Initiate

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by hawkstarr »

With a little pink nose wiggling, one of the small mice hesitantly steps forward toward the opened wall. It dimly remembered pain the last time it left the wire room, but this time there were no large creatures around. Slowly, a bit more by accident then real intent, the small white furry ball falls out of confines of the wire and onto the ground below.
Do we care if this is in 3rd person or in 1st?
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of leaves that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

The little mouse looked between the seven and the two, snuffing at each in turn, curiously. One of the more interesting ones caught its attention, as its fluffy mass disappeared from the room. Stepping cautiously to the edge it looking down at white ball below, before jumping down using the other of its kind to pad the fall.
Spoiler
Show
I'm hesitant to give it a gender. Because I'm not sure I want to give it concepts more advanced than just being a mouse. Then, that is the entire point so I guess I should.
hawkstarr
Initiate

Post by hawkstarr »

SQUEEK!
Spoiler
Show
Sorry! Couldn't resist! ...ok ok...I just didn't try to resist very much.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of leaves that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

//You're not just the mouse, you're also the virus, so you can know a bit more. At least your own abilities as they pertain to the virus. BTW, you have no extra biomass at the moment.

Two of the mice drop out of the wire room, one landing on another. The ground here is much rougher than anything you recall being on before. One of the walls, the one to your right, is actually raised a bit above the ground. Food type smells come from it.

//Note, unless you actively look around, I won't give you much description to work with either. Remember, the mouse body has been lobotomized. You might want to do something about that eventually.

Support my brother.
hawkstarr
Initiate

Post by hawkstarr »

Righting itself after being squashed, one of the mice darts quickly to the small wall, sniffing and twitching as it goes. It attempts to scramble to the top, hoping to be the first to get some of the food.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

//Changing writing style because we are the virus.

I felt hungry, which was strange as my body was contented. I was in control now though and I wanted food, the one ahead of me obviously had the scent of the food which I desired so I decided to follow.

Scurrying ahead, sniffing and twitching, twisting its head side to side to take in this new environment, number 2 quickly followed the lead mouse to find the scent that waffted on the air.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Blearily looking around, one of the mice realizes that the others don't feel like it. However, just at the edge of its vision are two others darting away, and these two others feel much more like itself. Struggling out of the cage, the third mouse tries to catch up to the others, hoping that they are headed for the food smells now assaulting its nose.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

With the size you are now, reaching the edge of the raised wall with the food smells is nearly impossible. However, moving around it you find a portion that touches the ground.

The three mice manage to clamber up this small portion that touches another wall. The edge of it is too smooth for soft nails such as the ones you have, but the other wall it connects to is rougher and is able to be climbed. Using this wall, the three mice are able to make it up to the top of the wall, only to find out it opens up. Inside the wall are the smells, and the three of you can see many different things. The mice's memory recalls at least one of the scents, one that they found after going through a many walled room to find it.

Down below, the other mice still have not left their cage.

Support my brother.
hawkstarr
Initiate

Post by hawkstarr »

The little mouse in front looks about nose at the ready, smelling and looking about for danger before moving closer.
What does the closest piece of food look/smell like?
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

The third mouse wonders what other smells there are other than the food smells.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Number two looked around carefully, was there anything bigger than it here? Anything that the bodies memories recalled as being dangerous? Calling on the instinctive knowledge it now posessed the mouse padded on silent paws, trying to stay close to walls and solid objects, while moving ever closer to the recognised scent.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

//FYI, in an OOC sense, you're all sitting on the top of a dumpster. Since my descriptions blow, and all.

The scent of food coming from the inside of the open wall is inside a partially opened container, and reminds the three mice of something given at the end of a many walled room the big people had put them in. This was before the cutting had happened, according to what few memories are accessible.

As for dangers, it takes much digging through instincts to find anything, as scores of generations only feared hands reaching into the wire room and never returning. Finally though, they recall a sense of bigger creatures, but smaller than the big creature type that brought them here. Stalkers of some type.

There are many other smells coming from the inside of the open wall, but nothing that is familiar beyond the one.

Support my brother.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

//OOC question: Can the virus metabolize that which used to be living for biomass reserves? For instance, the paper of an empty Chinese food carton? Not that I would want to add paper to my mouse, but the cellulose in paper could be used for a lot of different purposes.

//IC: Mouse #3 heads toward the familiar scent, hoping that there is some water near the scent as well.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

//To an extent, yes. The mouse body isn't built for doing it, but you could convert at a high loss rate any biological material. If you want to be able to convert better, find a better scavenger and learn how it's done.

Getting to the scent would require going into the open wall. Looking in, the open part is at least a foot down, so it might be hard to get back up.

Support my brother.