Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: Parasite Quest

Post by Fiferguy »

//Bueller?..........Bueller?..........Bueller? :twisted:
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

//Yeah, the pipe can still support your weight. You've only doubled in size from three inches without the tail to six inches without the tail.

Scrambling up the open wall, there is a new floating contraption in the area, and it has odd arms extended that are attached to the open wall. It appears to be pulling it up somehow. As the open wall lifts up, you see a huge gaping maw in it's back, and it appears that it is going to eat the thing you are all in.

Actions?

//The place you are in is several feet off the ground right now, and you all are about 12-13 feet off the ground, and about to go inverted within the next 30 seconds.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Fifermouse desperately looks around, trying to find some way to avoid being eaten by the strange contraption. Using his new size to his advantage, he leaps clear of the contraption, hoping that the jump doesn't kill him.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

//Could the mouse run along the arms onto the dumpster, without getting eaten?

Looking down at the ground below Greymouse hesitates long enough for it to pull further away. Seeing no other option, and not wanting to fall, the strangely furred mouse turns and dashes along the arms of the contraption trying to avoid its mouth.
hawkstarr
Initiate

Post by hawkstarr »

//My apologies folks, I've been stuck working late on a work project. It's complete now, (hopefully) and beer is in route. heh.

Hawkmouse, with fear raging in it's eyes follows the dashing Greymouse hoping it knows what it's doing.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of leaves that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

//Stupid frickin finals.

Fifermouse darts away, leaping from the side of the now moving container. His still little body falls from the container and hits the ground. A single leg gives way, but he is free of the floating things.

Greymouse and hawkmouse instead take another path, clambering onto the arms of the thing, running along it. About halfway across, the material of the arms becomes completely smooth and the two mice loose their ability to grip. Sliding down, the two mice manage to just barely not fall into the gaping hole that is the apparent mouth of the thing.

The container that you all had been in finally tips over completely, and everything in it falls out into the mouth of the strange floating thing. There is a huge flare of heat that comes from the mouth, and Greymouse and hawkmouse lose quite a bit of fur from singe heat.

//Status:
//Greymouse: Slightly burned, on top of the creature thing
//hawkmouse: Slightly burned, on top of the creature thing.
//Fifermouse: Broken leg, under the floating creature thing.

Support my brother.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Fifermouse looks around near him to see if there is any food near where he's fallen, hoping to regenerate his broken leg.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

There are still seven mice half the size of Fifermouse in a cage near where the container was picked up from. Other than that, at a quick glance there doesn't seem to be much of anything in the area.

Support my brother.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Fifermouse hobbles over to the nearest mouse, kills it, and eats to fuel his further growth and healing. He also works to increase his regeneration speed. He eats as much as possible, killing and eating the remaining, unchanged mice as necessary.
hawkstarr
Initiate

Post by hawkstarr »

Hawkmouse, starts looking for a safe way to reach the ground and to get away from this monster.

//He will take what looks to be the quickest and SAFEST way down. Have had to many DM's that would have just made me jump. heh
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of leaves that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

//Jumping wasn't so bad... ;-) If I'd been smaller, it probably wouldn't even have broken my leg. Did an experiment in high school where we figured terminal velocity of mice. Turns out, after about 10 feet, they don't fall any faster. I expected to be hurt from the jump, but not killed. :) These mice are bigger now though, so terminal velocity happens later.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

//Greymouse? Actions?

Support my brother.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Greymouse looks around for any series of ledges it can jump down to reach the ground, making sure to stay away from the mouth with it's fire breath.

//Sorry, was in Birmingham the last couple of days for work, people were being stress bunnies so I didn't have a lot of time to write reply.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

//FYI I will be in the French Alps for the next week, snowboarding, so my posting may be erratic.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

While Fifermouse darts out as best it can to get to the other mice, Greymouse and hawkmouse feel the thing they are on shake as it sets the container back down. Seeing their chance, they run and dive onto the container, just after the arms let go of it. They jump the intervening space and hawkmouse barely manages to hit the lip of the container, halting his foward movement. However, due to their increased size, both mice cannot fit on the edge and Greymouse falls into the now empty container. He bounces off a protruding object in the container which breaks his fall somewhat, so he does not break anything else when he hits the bottom of the container.

//Sorry, my laptop has been giving me crap. I'm actually sending it back to Toshiba Monday to get it fixed, so my posting will probably be very sporadic until X-mas timeframe.

Support my brother.