Looking for a few good lab mice. Parasite Quest!

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Looking for a few good lab mice. Parasite Quest!

Post by Lochar »

In an effort to stymie our frantic readings of previous works while we wait on Fel, I figured I'd do something completely off-topic to take our minds off of it.

Greymist, you get one of the spots, if you'd like. I owe you a game.

Board game time. The year is 2203, and mankind has left Sol in search of other sentient lifeforms. However, after managing to find over 500 habitable planets and no sentient life, man has determined that he is alone. At least in the Milky Way galaxy.

However, that's not where you all come in.

Back home on Terra, an enterprising scientist has been working effortlessly to cross the last frontier in biological science. Having successfully decoded every part of the body save one, and being able to clone it, this scientist is trying to discover a way to induce portions of the brain to regrow, to save those who have brain injuries.

"Serum sample generation 42."

Injected into lab mice, the serum was a replicating, adaptable virus that was specifically designed to seek out the hosts brain and encourage new growth.

The mice had been lobotomized, leaving room for regrowth of the brain cells.

After several days of testing, failure once more.

And the next day, the mice vanished and the scientist continued his work.

However, the virus hadn't had time to completely settle into the body. Now that it had, it managed to gain a rudimentary intelligence of it's own, sweeping through the body of it's host, becoming one with it. And the virus found that it could change the body to adapt to it's surroundings.

The three mice will find themselves a ways away from the lab, dropped off into an alley by a somewhat well-meaning assistant.

You, as the virus mice, may alter your bodies anyway you see fit, so long as you have stores of bio mass available to do so.

You may also include the DNA of any creature you have eaten. You must have eaten that specific part of a body to include the DNA of it.

Who wants to play?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: Looking for a few good lab mice. Parasite Quest!

Post by Fiferguy »

I might be game, but I had a few questions.

What's the goal? Survival? Or something larger?

What happens if an infected mouse breeds with a normal mouse? What about each other?

I see some potential for fun here.
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Really, Fifer? Mouse sex? Fel and his writing have had no influence on you at all...
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

That's our Fifer! God I needed a laugh... Thanks bud!

Question: (unrelated to mouse sex*)

Can you gain biomass by eating, or will your total biomass always be equivelant to that of a lab mouse?
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

The goal is whatever you decide of it. You can enlarge yourself and turn things around you into controlled minions by infecting them with a portion of your own virus and take over the world, then the galaxy, etc.

It's a very open ended game.

As for mouse on mouse action, it would produce a normal mouse unless you made changes to the DNA of your host body. Create them as dominate traits and they'll breed true.

Biomass can be gained up to your normal weight, and is used up when you make alterations to your body and whatnot. Creativity is the name of the game. If you've got the DNA for it, you can probably cause it to happen, if you've got the stored biomass(energy!) to make the alterations.

Biomass is food taken seperately from the food required of you to live, and can be drawn from just about anything, in differing amounts.

Think Parasite Eve.

Support my brother.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Sounds interesting, wish I had the time to take part. All I've got to say is, whoever plays should eat the bum passed out in the alley first, not only do you get the human DNA, but you can use the alcohol in the bum's system for fire breath or rocket um, yeah, you figure out the posibilities.
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

michaelsuave wrote:Sounds interesting, wish I had the time to take part. All I've got to say is, whoever plays should eat the bum passed out in the alley first, not only do you get the human DNA, but you can use the alcohol in the bum's system for fire breath or rocket um, yeah, you figure out the posibilities.
Muhahahaha.... lol
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

With just mice teeth, unless they're nigh dead, they're going to notice you nibbling on them.

Watch out for things that like to eat mice, too. :)

Support my brother.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Um, gross story, used to work in an ER... had a repeat customer who lived on the street and drank cleaning products to get himself drunk, yeah, the rats ate off some of his toes and fingers and he didn't know about it until he came in. Besides, the flesh is numb after its been frost bitten bad enough, so he didn't feel it. Pretty sad overall, but I still think the mutant mice could get away with it.

Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

That said, given the rules, if you eat the bums toes you don't get many abilities. Sure, you can probably give yourself human skin or armor yourself in toe nails but that's about it. My first thoughts were 1.) Eat a spider so you can have the special hairs on their feet to climb, and be a mouse with spinnerets, 2.) If you become too agressive/obvious before you gain many abilities you will probably get killed by a nasty human (which is why I didn't pick eating a fly as my first choice).
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

So who do I have that would be interested then?

Support my brother.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I'm in, though I'm curious what level of intelligence you want us to play the mice with.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

You can play the mice as intelligent as you'd like, however until you upgrade the mice's brain processing power(or senses), the details you get from the world around you won't be very good.

"Around you are several big silver things that have food smells in them. Behind you are very fast, loud moving things like the one that brought you here."

IE: There are a number of at least partially full trash cans. Behind you is a fairly busy street with foot traffic.

Support my brother.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I best not play my mouse as a herbivore then haha.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

You can be a herbivore. Plants will give you biomass as well. Granted, you'll be losing out on a lot of fauna DNA, but there's a number of dangerous plants in the world that you can take the DNA of. Venus flytrap, combined with some more deadly plant based toxins. Roses for their really bad thorns. Etc.

Support my brother.