New And Improved...update.

Fel
Weavespinner

New And Improved...update.

Post by Fel »

Well, about 2 weeks ago we decided to start the remodelling project on the house we've had on the planner for this summer. We've ripped up the carpeting, gutted the bathroom, and pulled out a couple of windows.

Needless to say, I haven't had time to write because of it. I haven't even STARTED chapter 7 yet. But, we have almost everything done, so I'll be starting on chapter 7 in the next couple of days. All that's left to do is install the new sink and toilet in the bathroom and move some furniture out for the professional carpet installers (no way we'll tackle that on our own).

I would cheekily ask where you guys were when I needed help pulling up the old carpet, but that would be rude.

WHERE WERE YOU?!?!?!?!

So I'm rude. It goes hand in hand with being evil. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Re: New And Improved...update.

Post by gnume »

good luck on the renewed house
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Anyway, you never call... you never write... and then, you expect us to haul up carpet for you? ;)
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

If you'd offered to cover transportation and pizza, I'm sure many of us would have shown up to help... but it wouldn't have been cost effective, seeing as we live quite a ways away [like, Oregon, in my case...]
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

kd7mvs wrote:If you'd offered to cover transportation and pizza
It'd be cheaper to get carpet hauled professionally than cover transport for some of us... Just looking at flights SYD -> LAX... AUD$951 (USD$760 or so) ... plus domestic from LAX to whatever in WV. :)
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

But what a fun meeting it would have been :D I doubt we would get to the carpet in the first day, but on the second for sure :lol:
reborn
Novice

Post by reborn »

lol snap

but its at the house that my dad lets and weve had builders round

theyve been at it like a week and they should finish today or tommorow xD
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Fel wrote:Well, about 2 weeks ago we decided to start the remodelling project on the house we've had on the planner for this summer. We've ripped up the carpeting, gutted the bathroom, and pulled out a couple of windows.

Needless to say, I haven't had time to write because of it. I haven't even STARTED chapter 7 yet. But, we have almost everything done, so I'll be starting on chapter 7 in the next couple of days. All that's left to do is install the new sink and toilet in the bathroom and move some furniture out for the professional carpet installers (no way we'll tackle that on our own).

I would cheekily ask where you guys were when I needed help pulling up the old carpet, but that would be rude.

WHERE WERE YOU?!?!?!?!

So I'm rude. It goes hand in hand with being evil. ;)
Well....I was pulling carpet up in my houses' third bedroom and converting it into a den/computer room, replacing it with that fake wood tile, doing the same in the living room. Then there was the siding that got power washed. Now all thats left is the deck and put up the new vinyl gutters. Oh then there was the window installers replacing 7 windows and 3 patio doors. Out side of that I wasn't that busy I could have given you a hand, it could have been last summer when I redid the Laudry room (took off old moldy paneling, hung dry wall, put in a lower ceiling, ran wire for a light swtich and a new light fixture, painted it all), replaced the washer/dryer, Replaced all the appliances in the kitchen and sanded and refinished all the cabinets, put in new flooring and ran new piping to the far side of the house to put in a second outside spicket.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

gnume wrote:good luck on the renewed house
Dittos!!
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

hey fel,

now since the work is over,, when is the party ?? u do require to break in the newly redone house . :))

abhishek
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

The carpet is in, the heavy work is done, so I'll be starting chapter 7 tomorrow.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Fel wrote:The carpet is in, the heavy work is done, so I'll be starting chapter 7 tomorrow.
Yay! Begin the countdown....
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Wait wait, I think I'm supposed to say something at this point, what was it? Oh yeah! Now I remember...

Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!.. :wink: Glad the house is coming together Fel.
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Well, I'm in Maine, and about to go do all those fun Maine things.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Well, I'm in Maine, and about to go do all those fun Maine things.
Which, from those not familar with Maine, is mainly what... ? ;)