now got a question for all gadgeteers here

deane
Sorcerer

now got a question for all gadgeteers here

Post by deane »

I'm going to be getting a "tmobile shadow" or HTC juno (I believe its called) cell phone that uses both microsoft reader along with mobipocket along with maybe straight .doc compatibility and pdf as well. now my question is what is the best one to actually use? any opinions are much appreciated!
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Re: now got a question for all gadgeteers here

Post by crxbnt »

Mobipocket and MSReader are probably the 2 most popular readers for mobile devices. There are a number of other good ones out there. For reading Fel's works I use MS Reader, because I have this handy utility from OverDrive Inc. called ReaderWorks Standard. It is free, and has less bells and whistles than their full blown package, but it allows me to quickly and easily convert text to MS Reader files. I regularly take stories from on-line and store them in a .doc format. One trick I have found handy is to make the title the first line of the file, and then convert everything to a size 16 font. Many people just use a size 12, but I am blind and need the bigger font to read

I use a Dell Axim 5 to read most of my stuff while commuting, so I have fonud this combo handy. I have created books from lengthy stories on line, or download books online in the reader format.

crxbnt
deane
Sorcerer

Post by deane »

thanks maybe see which runs the longest then? guess thats the only reason to choose between them. :-) :D :D
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I like isilo.com's product. Platform agnostic.

J-Man5
deane
Sorcerer

Post by deane »

thanks guys. only problem is T-mobile's delivery is pathetic :x . phone still hasn't arrived :evil:
deane
Sorcerer

Post by deane »

phone arrived and tried using microsoft reader and mobipocket. only mobipocket seems to actually work. so using that :D
Shadow Copper 250x270.jpg
Shadow Copper 250x270.jpg (13.39 KiB) Viewed 8123 times