Update-o-rama.

Fel
Weavespinner

Update-o-rama.

Post by Fel »

From the look of it, chapter 8 will be the last chapter of Unification, but it'll also run long. If I decide it's too long, I'll split it into 2 chapters. I know you guys loved that 80ish page last chapter of Subjugation, but that thing was an absolute beast to spellcheck, so...no.

After Unification, the next Subjugation short story will be Tribulation, but I won't be working on that immediately. Tentatively, the short story after Tribulation will be the last in the Subjugation storyline, and will be named Succession. There may always be an attempt to continue the story after Succession, but at this point I honestly don't know.

Like my "xxxx-tion" motiff for the Subjugation storyline? I do. ;)

After I finish Unification, I'll throw out a couple of chapters of Kit because I feel like it, then I'll begin book 2 of the Walker series, Shadow Walker.

Again, Shadow Walker is tentatively planned to be the second and last book in the Walker series, at least dealing with Kyven. I'm not entirely sure about this, thus why it is tentative. I may decide to scrap the entire plotline and redo it, which might stretch it to 3 books. The last thing I want to do, though, is attempt to drag out half a book's worth of material to a full book. I kinda made that mistake with Demon's Bane, and I won't do it again.

I'm really not planning much past that. I'm certainly gonna expand The Fox and the Hawk, but where that falls into the progression, who knows.

As to what new books are coming after I finish Shadow Walker, again, I'm not sure. I'll definitely pick something, because I've found I like working on multiple projects at once. If I get bored or get writer's block on one, I can just shift to another. I can expand on a prior work or start something entirely new...at this point, it's up in the air.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

Re: Update-o-rama.

Post by furry_wolf2001b »

wow
Sounds like great times ahead. :D
And great that you are feeling better(hopefully). :)
Miss spelling sweed in tha house! ;)
bjeane
Initiate

Post by bjeane »

Hey Fel, how about maybe finishing Dragonstar. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
firedrake3
Katzh-dashi

Post by firedrake3 »

Yeah. I agree with bjeane. What about DragonStar, Alpha Project and Legacy?
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Dragon Star will probably need a rewrite, since a lot of the technology I originally developed for that story got imported to Subjugation. Either I have to design a new "science" for the story or they'll just share some basic tenets but have different "science-ness" in the interpretation of those basic disciplines.

We could call it a case of Gora's Law, I suppose. ;)

Legacy is definitely possible, though as I remember telling you guys, I kinda lifted the original concept behind Legacy and imported that plotline into the Walker series. But, I could easily turn Legacy into less an action story and more a "what happened to everyone" story. That, or just keep it the way it was.

When I started Kit, I borrowed the names of the main characters for that story from Alpha Project (Kit was Terrence's, the main character's, nickname, and Jessica was the telepath within the project), because I really liked those names and I wasn't sure if or when I'd ever work on Alpha Project again.

I have a few other options as well. I still have all that work I did on The Shattered Rainbow, the story of a gold dragon that grew up in human form and didn't know what he was.

I also have a few other story ideas rumbling around in my head, but as of yet they've been undeveloped. Hell, last night I went to bed and the idea "what if the Arcans started to appear in our modern time" and pondered that one a good half hour before going to sleep, imagining what kind of social and political chaos the sudden emergence of a sentient non-human species would invoke in our fearful little society. ;)

That would be a fun one to write, because you guys know how much I love chaos.

Anyway, I should be studying for my cultural geography test now, so back to work. I should know better than to study at a computer desk....
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
firedrake3
Katzh-dashi

Post by firedrake3 »

Thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to all Your stories.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Fel wrote:Anyway, I should be studying for my cultural geography test now, so back to work. I should know better than to study at a computer desk....
That course seems right up your alley. :)
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Looking forward to anything and everything. Now go study, then write, then sleep. In any order you choose, we're not picky as long as there is write. :lol:
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Firstly, thanks for giving us all a peek at all the upcoming attractions. Feels almost like a trailer at the movies.Just without the popcorn. :P

There's defiantly a lot of quality reading(and writing) in the wings, just waiting to released.Which we can only wait for with bated breath.

The funny thing about the subjugation universe ,its very much the gift that keeps on giving. I cant get over every time you always find something new , be it technological , social,political or just plain action. Plus, as with every politically\technological based novel , there's no limit , cause who's to say whats fine and and hunky dory today is going to be same tomorrow. __ yeah , that's my plug for my fave series.

Fel , if your a webcomic fan you would know that there are a few web comic , that explore that theme. One of who's name I forget , where these humans are tested by the military and end up turning into Furry Foxes!(Right up your alleyway) Story of their struggle and all that.

The Second is a twist on that theme, where everyone else has for generations been biologically transformed into Furries, and this poor dude is born as a original human.That one is called Furthia High.

Of course what you really need is cute catgirls in outer space,(along the lines of Starship Moonhawk )then you can make everyone happy!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

dellstart wrote:Feels almost like a trailer at the movies.Just without the popcorn. :P
There might not be popcorn there, but I've wired up the popcorn maker to start up whenever Fel posts ;)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I thought I could bring out the pop-corn to read over the weekend.... after a weekly diet.... I forgot that it will be almost a 2 chapter squeezed into 1..... I can wait. :) What more can I do but wait fo Fel's evil stories. :D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Gabriel
Sorcerer

Post by Gabriel »

man oh man,

looks like I really need to go away for a few months than come back to read all these lovely stories that are coming out.

At this rate they need to rebuild my padded cell on a monthly basis, come to think of it I better get this strait jacket strenghten.

Thanks for the heads up Fel.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I haven't harassed Fel for far too long about the Alpha Project but I know that it was definitely the one I wanted him to write for some time. That said I'm not sure if it would grab me so much anymore because he has written another telepath involving story in the Sub series *shrug*

Hey Fel, you should give it a go and see if you surprise me ;)