WARNING! POLITICS OFF THE PORT BOW!

Blyker
Sorcerer

Re: WARNING! POLITICS OFF THE PORT BOW!

Post by Blyker »

Im Dutch and the fact that you can only choose between 2 parties feels strange to me, a real protest vote isnt possible in the US. During october i was in the US and tbh i think the whole election and the campaigns were a mess. Both candidates talked a lot but said nothing concrete. Especially McCain had a very bad campaign imo. I saw a programm on tv where it was shown that Obamas democrats had blocked tighter control on the big morgage lenders over the subprime morgages, and that AIG had contributed a LOT more to Obamas campaign then to McCains. I was thinking thats the clincher for McCain .... but nothing about it from his camp, nothing about it in his campaign. Maybe they knew that the country was a mess and didnt want to be president during it.
Palin imo was a choice to sway the disgruntled Clinton voters over while at the same time keeping the right wing christians in.

The big plus for the representation system that you have over there is for the smaller states and areas. Here in the Netherlands most of the population lives in the west and thats the part that gets disproportionate attention from the government. Things that a local representative would fight for in the US gets hushed over here because of country wide party politics.

Each systems has it pros and cons i gues.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Humm All i can say is

Other then that!... Mrs Linclon. How Did you enjoy the Play ?

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Blyker wrote:... it was shown that Obamas democrats had blocked tighter control on the big morgage lenders over the subprime morgages, and that AIG had contributed a LOT more to Obamas campaign then to McCains. I was thinking thats the clincher for McCain .... but nothing about it from his camp, nothing about it in his campaign...

McCain wanted a kinder/gentler kind of campaign. For months, Rush Limbaugh screamed about the world economic collapse being caused by Democrats who wanted to bribe votes from low income people. The bribe was in the form of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac forcing banks to give mortgages to those who could not pay them. The regular print and broadcast media (read LIBERAL media) hid that fact away until after the election. Who gets blamed for the crash? The 'predatory' bankers, Republicans and George Bush. Not the media for hiding it, not the Democrats who lied and said that there was no problem as little as one year ago, and defiantly not the Democrats who created the problems in the first place.

2. It chaps my hide that congress passed a 850 BILLION dollar bailout of the Democrats fiasco. 150 Billion in the form of bribes for passage votes, while at the same time Iceland, a 60 year NATO ally was looking at having to get a multi-billion dollar loan from RUSSIA!!!

3. Twenty years from now will Obama be known as:
a. Marxist - one who says government should 'spread the wealth'
b. Leninist - one who takes over everything to 'spread the wealth'
c. Stalinist - one who kills millions to 'spread the wealth'
d. Yo, Bro! Wazzup? - one who doesn't care as long as the government 'spread the wealth' check shows up.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.