If You Could Be...

The_Namer
Initiate

If You Could Be...

Post by The_Namer »

If you could play any race and order from Sennadar or Pyrosia, what would it be and why?
Here lies an atheist: All dressed up and nowhere to go.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: If You Could Be...

Post by Hearly »

the_namer wrote:If you could play any race and order from Sennadar or Pyrosia, what would it be and why?
Hmm... I think I'd really like to be a werecat, as you live forever or at least until something kills you..
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

the_namer wrote:If you could play any race and order from Sennadar or Pyrosia, what would it be and why?
Werecat Berzerker.  I can guarentee you that once I get going, it's gonna take a hell of a lot to stop me. LOL
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Werecat. Closest thing to a Weresmilodon on Sennadar, too.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Probably human Sorcerer for me. You havet he long life however you stay relativly human and dont suffer from your insticts making you a menace to society.

However if I could play ANY race I would become a younger god of carnal pleasure ;)
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Werecat, for sure. Or maybe Werewolf... Centaur also holds certain appeal. Perhaps something with winds, Aerdalla maybe? Or maybe wolf or lion Wikuni (Sorcerer).

It is hard to decide...
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Human Sorcerer, Da'shar.

Would specialize in transmutation, starting on animals, moving on to humans and finishing with myself, working out how to alter myself without affecting my use of sorcery or at least in a way that I couldn't easily compensate for.

Final objective, moving out of the realm of mortal, learning wizard magic.
Dash
Sorcerer

Post by Dash »

I'd probably be a fairy.
Mischievous. Make sexual innuendos. Turn invisible ;D
What more could you want.

Possibly a druid, so you can create whatever you want.

Get respect from Werecats :P I declare this ground my grove, or however it was phrased :P
Last edited by Dash on Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

It's a hard decision to make...
I take it that this is in the context of a MMORPG?

If so, battle skills are going to be the primary concern.

A werecat is good for meelee offence, and with the innate ties to druidic magic (and ability to learn other magics)  makes a werecat a good all-rounder with the capability for some absolutely devestating moves. Think Tarrin or Mist in a blind rage, not much that can stop them - but it's an all-or-nothing proposition, keep out of their way long enough that they get worn out, and they'll make nice new fur boots.

A Selani would be great for agility - faster than a Werecat, but overall pretty lacking on magic side of things. Excellent against lighter armed opponents.

A Knight of Karas is great for getting in the midst of things and doing some heavy damage to medium speed or armored opponents - without the support of a sorcerer, no or limited magical capabilities (I don't believe they can call on Karas).

Sorcerers have a good range of offensive magics, but they should keep out of hand-to-hand/blade-to-blade fighting.

A Vendari would also be a good brute-force warrior - decent damage to heavily armed opponents, and with the natural resistance to magic, useful for taking out offensive magic wielders and their armed support.

A dragon would be excellent also - the ability to remember vast chapters of wizard spells, and the aptitude to cast some amazingly powerful and complex spells makes this creature a good choice too. Physical size, and built in (limited usage) breath weapons can also come in handy for carving chunks out of any organised defence.  Because they're can fly, and their massive size they make for a big target - if you can damage the wings enough, they're not going anywhere terribly fast.

So uhm... not sure... Can I take all of the above?
Last edited by Spec8472 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Problem with your Selani idea Spec.  Only a certain few Selani are actually quicker than a Werecat.  Or at least Tarrin.

We found that out because he could hand Var his butt, but Allia's father while not as quick as she was, was still a bit quicker than Tarrin.

Actually, I think that whole clan probably would be.  Maybe they train and specalize in the speed of the Dance, while other's focus on different parts of it?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Probably dragon, although I'm not sure what color. Too many choices!  Other races are tempting in so many ways, but I really like what Fel's done with the dragons.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Think I could be a chameleon dragon.  Or a Plaid dragon?  If not then a human who's been transmuted into Admantium.  Living Adamantium.  Or Elder god of Death.  That might be fun!  

J-Man5
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

Dwarf Sorcerer. If that even is possible. Use magic some of the time, bash things with my axe some of the time... and then duck down into my tunnel to mine some gold or silver and then create something really cool with it, like an ensorcelled platinum sword with a big fat emerald in the hilt and cool carvings up and down both sides of the blades.

Then again, I loved what Fel did with the Gnomes, too...

Too many choices.

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Forbidder
Sorcerer

Post by Forbidder »

An arcane dragon priest!

Dragons naturally have druidic capabilities, can do wizard spells..  So add in a priestly part to easily get rid of those demons.  Plus, if need be, I can aways use that spell that allowed me to reshape myself like a human to intermingle.

If dragons wanted to take over the world, I doubt that there is anything mortal and very few non-mortal things that can stop them.

And I can always be the strange one that prefers to spend most of my time in humanguise and intermingle with humans.  You gotta figure Dragons have something to occupy their time with.
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

First I thought about being a human druid. Not a hierarch, but a bit below that. But since druids don't fly I discarded it.

But then Forbidder woke me up. (Thanks man! ;)) A dragon is also a druid. And a dragon can change into human form. So after some thinking, I decided I'd like to be a copper dragon. The pranksters of the dragon kin. ;D
Last edited by Peter_Koopman on Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."