NaNoWriMo

Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

NaNoWriMo

Post by Journeywoman »

I was just wondering if any of you had heard of NaNoWriMo AKA National Novel Writing Month. It is where you aim to write a 50,000 word Novel in a month. The aim is quantity not quality. My friend just introduced me to it and it sounded like a crazy yet potentially fun idea.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!
MrNerdHair
Novice

Re: NaNoWriMo

Post by MrNerdHair »

I've signed up: I even have a plot figured out, though I've never written fiction longer than a single page in my life, and I'm pretty annoyed that I'm gonna have to use these "character" things to tell my story. So, by the end of November, I'll either have a 50,000 word novel, or look like an idiot in front of all the people I've told I'd be writing a 50,0000 word novel by the end of November.

I, for one, would like to see Fel compete: see, I'm sure that even if he writes utter crap for 50,000 words, it'll be better than anything I could come up with, and probably decent reading too. And we'd get a new chapter like every other day! :D
Journeywoman
Sui'Kun

Re: NaNoWriMo

Post by Journeywoman »

I know Fel joining would be great :twisted: . *Rubs chin* But how to make him do it?

I know what you mean about the novel writing. Not only have I told my friends I'm writing a novel in November but three of them want to read it after I'm done :shock: . I guess there goes the opportunity to write complete drivel. I guess I have to raise my expectations to 'not unbarebly bad' :P . I have written a bit fanfiction before, but nothing this long. To be honest I'm not sure if that is help or hinderance though :wink: . Oh well, back to the word count grind stone I go.
Abandon the search for truth; settle for good fantasy!