Draconian Measures, chapter 1 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers!
Discussion about other works of James Galloway (Dragonstar, Alpha Project, The Fox and the Hawk, and others)

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
nicolai
Da'Shar

Re: Draconian Measures, chapter 1 - Spoilers

Post by nicolai »

Thanks, Fel.

In my vocabulary, 'politics' is the filthiest swear word I know. And 'politician' is the lowest and foulest insult.

In nearly 40 years, I have yet to vote for any individual seeking office. I have always voted against the other one. And that's a pretty sad statement about our government, that nobody, in all that time, has managed to field even one candidate that I felt was worth the effort to support.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:Keep the politics to yourself.

If you do not, I will destroy your every childish illusion about politics, political figures, and every hero you've ever had.

And I'll enjoy it.

I'm mean that way.
That could be interesting to see...
Mac The Knife
Sorcerer

Post by Mac The Knife »

So would the next chapter of "New Beginnings" :D
www.gearrings.weebly.com
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Fel wrote:Ifthe government has control of Auran, then they'll command all the dragons, all the magic they can bring to bear, and through Auran they'll have the ability to directly manipulate every Arcadian and magiclly active human on Earth to suit their own goals.
Hmm...

Auron: <opens eyes after conmmuning with his lesser dragons> Okay that was the very last politician who opposed health care reform. Now I've helped you defeat the taliban, restored civil rights to Afganistan, stabalise Iraq, dealt with the Iranian nuclear programme and helped you solve that carbon dioxi whatsit problem you kept harping on about. Now will you finally release me?!

O'Bama: Not quite. There's still the matter of the 18 million people starving in Africa...

Auron: Oh in the name of all creation! It never ends with you does it?

Yes I know, unlikely as all hell, inside or outside of Fel's stories. :twisted: Still, it would be a rather amusing and entirely unexpected twist if the bad guys actually had a point all along. :lol:
I is an certified nut
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

It will be interesting to see how they plan to trap him. Can physics trump magic? That is until the gate opens, then I expect that trying to capture any elder dragon might be a little futile...
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fel wrote:Keep the politics to yourself.

If you do not, I will destroy your every childish illusion about politics, political figures, and every hero you've ever had.

And I'll enjoy it.

I'm mean that way.
yeah we all know that ross perot would have been the best :P
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

Great start to what I'm sure will be another wonderful tale. Lots of background, and logical concepts. I'm eager to see more.

One minor comment. The priest who was claiming that Auran was the Beast referred to in the Bible. The book is Revelation, not Revelations. I know it's minor, but I had to mention it for personal reasons.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The dragon sleep sound alot like some kind of stasis, which scientists would love to learn to help long distance space travel. Also maybe with science he could survive his next sleep.

I wonder if magic is genetic. Auron should gather some friendly scientistrs to explore magic, so others wont.

WIth every one forgeting magic, there will likly be a lot of unaware magicals, will the elder dragon find them. WIll he try to create his own hohwarts, white tower or some kind of magical city. It would be a great PR move, in fact he should hire a publicist.

WOnder if he qualifies for diplomatic immunity.
.S.A.M.K.M
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

SO the magical country is recognized as an independant state. BEtter position for negotiations.

get any magical adept recognized as the decendant of the other realm, so inherits citizen ship, so partial protection from attack.

PLease let the dragon think to create a magicle school, build it in a scotish castle, would be a huuge draw.

FEL had this other story "Alpha Project", about Psionics. SO i wonder what if these people had ancestors that at some point was exposed to dragons blood. A unique magical substance, the only magic that is from earth in origin, is it possible during the loss of magic, these altered people began to draw power from their blood so restore their abilities.
.S.A.M.K.M